Chris Whitesite AMA 11/26/2012 Transcript

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

http://pastehtml.com/view/cjqpwkikn.html
Edit 2: Link not working? Is it blocked? Here’s an alternative: http://jsbin.com/utoges/1/
Edit: Replaced pastebin link w/ pastehtml link as I just finished prettying up the nice, easily readable HTML version of this transcript.

(edited by TimeBomb.3427)

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

There are a lot of good things I like Again, just hoping and waiting to see what happens in these near future.

EDIT: Forgot to say as well, thx for posting the transcripts man :P

(edited by FluffyDoe.7539)

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Good. We need as many people getting these transcripts out there. Thanks for this, I know how much time it must have taken.

TimeBomb.3427

Update; Replaced original pastebin link w/ much nicer, more easily readable HTML page that I just finished creating for you all. Enjoy.

Posted by: hugemistake.5317

hugemistake.5317

Thanks a lot ! Very interesting read also.

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

I still wish the information provided had been something new and not just the same regurgitated pr spin we’ve had for weeks now.

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

EndlessDreamer.6780

I don’t know where you’ve seen most, if not any, of that information before honestly. Yes, it’s PR spin, but it’s definitely not stuff they’ve said before. I mean they’re pretty much saying “Oh hey, ya, we realize we messed up”. I know they’re not saying how exactly they’re going to fix it but that’s simply because they can’t really know at this point how they’re going to do that. :/

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I cannot view because I am at work. Any chance of putting this into .txt format or something?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

EndlessDreamer.6780

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Yes,
Thanks buddy.

Want to be my friend? I have none left in Gw2

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

EndlessDreamer.6780

Sure. Add me if you’d like. I’m on Crystal Desert.

Just remind me of how I know ya if you wanna whisper me. :P

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

“A: It really is shame to see you so angry at a team of people who work extremely hard to provide the best experience we possibly can.”

that’s my favorite line out of the whole thing.

EndlessDreamer.6780

I mean, honestly, the question that garnered that answer was pretty out of line and exceedingly hostile and rude. I’m surprised he answered it at all.

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

Thanks for the hard work TimeBomb. Much appreciated.

Thanks. I love Google Docs…funny thing is that this is the first time that I’ve ever been told by GD that I need to upgrade to a “modern” browser. I’m using the latest Firefox but I guess that’s not modern enough for them. O’well…still works and much appreciated.

This sentence is false.

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

basicly all is : bla bla bla bla bla, still not a real single answer.

About gear treadmill, they still think that we are completely idiots. They call that progression, but they agree to say that we need long time to get ascended gear ( who is gear treadmill since they have better stat ) and its mandatory.

Anet definition from http://pastehtml.com/view/cjqpwkikn.html

Q: What is your/ANet’s definition of grind?
A: Repetitive game play that is not fun.

But

—we need to gather material over and over and over again to craft exotic stuff ( soon outdated ) and its not fun

—We need to farm over and over and over and over again awfull dungeon to get exotic gear and its not fun at all

— We need to farm over and over and over and over again Fractal for their stupid ascended ring.. and its really not fun.

So ?

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

EndlessDreamer.6780

So they said that they understand that it is grindy and they’re trying to make it less grindy. They realize they messed up and they’re looking in to it.

If you want to critique the AMA and what they said, you can’t pick and choose what makes you feel most vindicated. That’s not really fair.

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

They addressed your concerns with good answers. Either you didn’t read, understand, or simply don’t want to hear anything that doesn’t fit with your personal (and rather angry) view.

The game is only 3 months old…no offense but GW1 wasn’t all that great at 3 months either. At least IMHO.

This sentence is false.

Posted by: Bradley.8467

Bradley.8467

TimeBomb, thanks for compiling this list.

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

But

—we need to gather material over and over and over again to craft exotic stuff ( soon outdated ) and its not fun

—We need to farm over and over and over and over again awfull dungeon to get exotic gear and its not fun at all

— We need to farm over and over and over and over again Fractal for their stupid ascended ring.. and its really not fun.

So ?

So, you missed the point.

You don’t need to do any of these things. You choose to do these things. I know this because I do not do these things because I choose not to do them, and it has not hurt my ability to do whatever I want. All content is still available to me.

I wish people would quit believing that they must do these things.

Posted by: Norelation.3067

Norelation.3067

Reading comprehension: A real problem amongst some forumites. I also don’t believe any AMA in the history of ever has laid out a detailed description of plans to be implemented at a later date. This is mainly due to them not knowing their own detailed plans of what they are going to implement. They have ideas, but they aren’t going to regurgitate them at you word for word as they come out of their head, it’s not their job. Their job is to give you a general status update so that you don’t go entirely crazy from being in the dark. Play the game, or don’t. There is no subscription fee, no one is twisting the arms of anyone to do anything.

TimeBomb.3427

Apparently some people’s workplace is blocking pastehtml.com, so I added an alternative link; see OP.

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

Why isn’t this thread pinned at the top? We need a mod to fix this!

Btw, OP thanks! I saw the question(s) that I had were actually answered. I hope to God they never do it on Reddit again, too abstract of a chat design.