Christmas music!

Christmas music!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gav.6715

Gav.6715

Please lock Jeremy Soule in the recording studio until he has composed some christmas-themed GW2 music to go with your christmas update.

This would be epic.
Thanks

Christmas music!

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Please lock Jeremy Soule in the recording studio until he has composed some christmas-themed GW2 music to go with your christmas update.

This would be epic.
Thanks

But he left.

Christmas music!

Gav.6715

he wut? O.o

Christmas music!

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Yep. Said on his Twitter a while ago that the music he had done now for GW2 was the last he would do for Guild Wars. Can’t remember the reason, though.

Christmas music!

Gav.6715

|: this is blasphemy!

ANet should kidnap him.

Christmas music!

Posted by: GlockworK.2954

GlockworK.2954

Yep. Said on his Twitter a while ago that the music he had done now for GW2 was the last he would do for Guild Wars. Can’t remember the reason, though.

Well he has been doing some music for the new WoW expansion.

What just blew my mind is that he is from Keokuk, Iowa. I live 10 minutes down the road.

Christmas music!

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Oh no! That’s sad. Hopefully they get another really good composer in for the Wintersday stuff.

Christmas music!

Gav.6715

But i want Jeremy back :c

Christmas music!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Well, either they got fed up with that DirectSong thing (players keep complaining about the service), or he can’t do any better.
Soule is a great artist, but after a while everything he does sounds mostly the same (several GW1 and GW2 tracks sounds way too similar to Oblivion and Neverwinter Nights tracks). He has so many repeating patters that one can hear 10 seconds of a composition and know it’s from Soule. There’s a limit to everything.

But worry not, because we already have a track for Wintersday, called “Christmas”.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpYfUi7JEY

This track, clearly inspired in “Carol of the Bells”, plays in Wintersday-decorated towns in GW1.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Christmas music!

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Well, either they got fed up with that DirectSong thing (players keep complaining about the service), or he can’t do any better.
Soule is a great artist, but after a while everything he does sounds mostly the same (several GW1 and GW2 tracks sounds way too similar to Oblivion and Neverwinter Nights tracks). He has so many repeating patters that one can hear 10 seconds of a composition and know it’s from Soule. There’s a limit to everything.

But worry not, because we already have a track for Wintersday, called “Christmas”.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpYfUi7JEY

This track, clearly inspired in “Carol of the Bells”, plays in Wintersday-decorated towns in GW1.

that’s…. Pretty. Now it makes me think that when the Christmas event reaches a town I’ll have to stand there for hours just listening to the tune.

Christmas music!

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

How about this one being played in the background in Lion’s Arch…

Christmas music!

Mirta.5029

How about this one being played in the background in Lion’s Arch…

they would probably have issues with copyright. however if they did their own jingle song that’s not serious at all that would be fun.

Something like “Carrol of the Old ones” except Guild Wars 2 themed.

Christmas music!

Mirta.5029

verticle progression Is Coming To Town

stop being sour about things that are not actually there. It’s Christmas. Time for fun. Not mopping

Christmas music!

Posted by: Astra.1398

Astra.1398

It is funny. You are the one being sour.

Christmas music!

Posted by: deborah.2068

deborah.2068

Mirta sorry you are in a Gwinch mood it was a joke and meant to be taken as one

Christmas music!

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

Saw this on reddit:

Jingle bells, bookah smells
Rytlock laid an egg.
Snaff mobile lost its wheel,
and Logan ran away.

HEY!

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Christmas music!

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Yep. Said on his Twitter a while ago that the music he had done now for GW2 was the last he would do for Guild Wars.

Oh thank goodness :p

What? :p – They guy’s does some really epic tracks when epic is desired, but his ambient tracks are frequently “bleh” and lack atmosphere in my humble opinion…

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Christmas music!

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

Hey, maybe they could get John Williams!

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

Christmas music!

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

Hey, maybe they could get John Williams!

Hans Zimmer is better if you ask me.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Christmas music!

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Probably a mix of not being able to do better and being unhappy with them adding GW1 music to GW2 because a lot of people didn’t like the new music so much.