Chuka and Champawat - weak effects

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

Hi,

The tiger-arrows are ways too transparent to enjoy them while shooting. In Groupfights the effects are totally going down. Its a nice benefit of The Dreamer that you can follow your shots with your eyes, even in bigger fights.

While shooting the tiger-arrows you wont notice any special sounds. Its like shooting your every-day drop… a blue Lvl 78 shortbow. Theres only a very very small difference to hear when you turn up your shooting-volume to the max while listening with high-end monitoring analytic speakers. Wheres a wild roar or a vicious snarrrrrrl that we can actually hear making people turn their heads asking themselves “ohhohh maybe theres a tiger nearby”.

The claw-marks styled foorptints are also very unspectacular.

Anet stated that “they outdid themselves” with the bow. What do you think? For me its an average nice bulky red/golden fence-bow at the moment. Nothing more.

Best regards
ROAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

(edited by Abdel Muhti.6431)

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

IMO they just need to make the footfalls last longer. And this for all G2 legendarys, the footfalls disappears as soon as they are made. The G1 legendarys’ last for a while and you can make figure 8s with them.

As for the projectiles, I wish it shot out tiger claws instead of the spirits. The streaks look nice but yeah I wish they made the tiger spirit more visible.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

IMO they just need to make the footfalls last longer. And this for all G2 legendarys, the footfalls disappears as soon as they are made. The G1 legendarys’ last for a while and you can make figure 8s with them.

As for the projectiles, I wish it shot out tiger claws instead of the spirits. The streaks look nice but yeah I wish they made the tiger spirit more visible.

Yes longer footfalls for all g2 legendaries. It’s a problem for all of them :-/

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I agree on the footfalls. Original legendaries have prints that last long enough you can actually follow someone making them when they lead you places. HOPE has fun footprints but they poof in about four strides.

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Yes to longer-lasting footfalls, beefed up sound effects, and for making the tiger spirit projectile a bit more corporeal/opaque – there’s a noticeable difference in quality between The Dreamer’s pony projectiles and Chuka and Champawat’s. It’s so close to perfect…

(Also, rescind this stupid suspension of legendaries – make more quality legendaries like C&C.)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I’ve asked on quite a few occasions over the years for better footfalls for the rifle and the torch. I wouldn’t hold your breath for the new short bow.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Antinegative.4872

Antinegative.4872

I have to laugh at the “the team outdid themselves” comment from O’Brien in hindsight. The bow itself has no animation, generic aura, very weak footfalls and I don’t even like the projectile(what’s up with both shortbow legendaries shooting animals? What?) IMO the only legendaries that deserve the name are Sunrise and Twilight(and by extension Eternity). If all legendaries had the quality of the greatswords i’d want to collect all of them.

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

I have to laugh at the “the team outdid themselves” comment from O’Brien in hindsight. The bow itself has no animation, generic aura, very weak footfalls and I don’t even like the projectile(what’s up with both shortbow legendaries shooting animals? What?) IMO the only legendaries that deserve the name are Sunrise and Twilight(and by extension Eternity). If all legendaries had the quality of the greatswords i’d want to collect all of them.

People have a different taste. I like the new short bow model, it isn’t that flashy like the greatswords (i think they are too much).

And you have also take the collections into his statement, they are part of the legendary.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Antinegative.4872

The whole point of legendaries are that they are flashy and they allow the user to stand out. That’s why they come with a slew of special effects such as weapon trails, weapon animations, auras, footfalls, and changes to existing attacks and skills, so your argument of “different taste” for non flashy weapons doesn’t really stand. If you want a non flashy weapon, there are hundreds of different weapon skins with 0 effects for you to enjoy, which also brings another point in that the Crimson Lion bow looks extremely similar in both appearance and concept, which totally ruins the fact that this is suppose to be a unique legendary that you have to work hard for.

Posted by: Claridiana.5230

Claridiana.5230

I have Chuka, and i think they got it just right with the effects. They are manyfold and clearly visible, yet not too flashy (which has caused adverse comment on other legendaries like the dreamer):
-footprints (with explosion animation and patterns on the ground)
-spectacular drawing animation with two large tiger spritis jumping on you
-flames sparkling around the bow
-flame trail when you run with the bow drawn
-red aura
-tiger spirit projectiles (different on all skills and classes)
-parts of the bow are glowing when used (tiger eye and some of the “branches” of the stave)

Here is a gallery someone posted on reddit. If you are not able to see the effects (like someone pretended above) you should definitley get glasses or a new monitor.

http://imgur.com/a/VMKkW/

And a screenshot of my chuka while running. These effects are just perfect!

Attachments:

Lillizypp – Asura Mesmer
[Soul] – Ring of Fire

(edited by Claridiana.5230)

Posted by: BOSSMAN.2647

BOSSMAN.2647

I made mine just yesterday. I am happy with the bow, but it’s still lacking the wow factor. Comparing this to my girlfriends Dreamer it’s no way close to the flashyness.

I also would like the Tigers to be more visible maybe solid not transparent.

Also I can’t even hear the sound effects at all, this bow has the weakest sounds compared to Dreamer, Predator, Quip and H.O.P.E

Also the footfalls are to short and are bad as Preds, can’t even see them compare to others.

Please Anet make it up to par with Dreamer.

Antinegative.4872

Here is a gallery someone posted on reddit. If you are not able to see the effects (like someone pretended above) you should definitley get glasses or a new monitor.

There’s been entire youtube videos and galleries dedicated to showing everything the bow has to offer since the day of release, so don’t act like the visuals are only privy to a select special few who has the bow, and throwing insults at other people does not change the fact that most agree this is a very underwhelming legendary, especially one that’s been so hyped, which also happens to be the last legendary to be made for HoT.

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

The whole point of legendaries are that they are flashy and they allow the user to stand out. That’s why they come with a slew of special effects such as weapon trails, weapon animations, auras, footfalls, and changes to existing attacks and skills, so your argument of “different taste” for non flashy weapons doesn’t really stand. If you want a non flashy weapon, there are hundreds of different weapon skins with 0 effects for you to enjoy, which also brings another point in that the Crimson Lion bow looks extremely similar in both appearance and concept, which totally ruins the fact that this is suppose to be a unique legendary that you have to work hard for.

The whole point of legendaries is their unique appearance with some effects like footfalls that no other skin has, they don’t have to be flashy.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Posted by: Claridiana.5230

Claridiana.5230

There’s been entire youtube videos and galleries dedicated to showing everything the bow has to offer since the day of release, so don’t act like the visuals are only privy to a select special few who has the bow, and throwing insults at other people does not change the fact that most agree this is a very underwhelming legendary, especially one that’s been so hyped, which also happens to be the last legendary to be made for HoT.

Your name together with the things you write show clearly that you are a troll.

And your negativity about the bow is even more ridiculous given the fact that there are now even threads with complaints that the bow and the journey are TOO GOOD, and that other legendaries should be buffed accordingly. Just lol.

Lillizypp – Asura Mesmer
[Soul] – Ring of Fire

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Some of us hate the 1st gen footfalls and have crafted 2nd gen legendaries for that reason (among others)…

Posted by: Hexs.8015

Hexs.8015

It would be nice for the new legendary weapons to get a second look.

My main desire is for the footfalls to last longer

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

To those complaining about the sounds… Try having a 1. warhorn that is 2. a legendary weapon and 3. called Howler, that has barely audible unique sound effect. Tiggybow is the last on the list of legendaries to be addressed.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

The only thing I’d ask to change about the bow is slightly louder and enhanced audio. Have more variants of the growl so it doesn’t sound as repetitive and more pronounced growling.

Visually, it’s not as flashy but that’s a good thing. If any visual flare would be added, perhaps just add claw strikes to impacted targets? Don’t really need solid-looking tigers flying across the screen, but claw marks on targets you shoot?

Posted by: vaxjani.9073

vaxjani.9073

I would like if all g2 legendaries’ footfall would last longer, but nothing else really. I like that the projectiles are not that visible so actually not every people can see where you are going in stealth with an Infiltrator’s Arrow unlike with Dreamer (i know this isnt a problem in spvp, they changed it, but in wvw you can still see it i think).

Lagspike – Never Gonna Find Me – Happy Burstday
War/Ranger/Thief Roaming Vids

Posted by: SpectralHorseman.1962

SpectralHorseman.1962

I agree to have the Footfall Effect last longer, just like the Gen 1 legendaries. ????