Class Balance [Killshot OP]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Why are you running so little defense in WvW that any skill does 15k damage too you?
Anytime your running that little defense in WvW, as far as I am concerned, you deserve every bit of damage you take.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

*snipped junk

What is the point here?

You sure talk a lot someone who doesn’t even get what the point is.

Let me spell it out for you. You should never be able to 1 shot someone with full HP with any skill. Because there’s zero counter play.

And no, don’t bother to bring up backstab. That’s broken too. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

The only people it one shots are those in full zerk armor, with full zerk traits. That’s going to be a glass cannon ele, and a thief. That is also commonly with stacks of vuln on you.

There are counters to it. Let me help you.
1. The insanely obvious animation
2. The skill tracks you, should be obvious when you’re the one being targeted.
3. Immobilizes warrior, can’t move while channeling killshot.
4. Decent duration channel time.
5. Bullet has flight time

Tools at your disposal:
1. Dodge roll, easiest one. You have 2 dodges at start, and 1 dodge per 10 seconds BASE. You can dodge most killshots just with your BASE dodge rolls.
2. Running vigor, endurance regen traits, sigils of energy and stamina.
3. Evade skills… no point in describing this.
4. Block skills, unless the warrior is running signet of might, you can block killshots.
5. Interrupts, interrupt him……
6. Blinds, can’t shoot someone if you’re blind.
7. Invuln skills. Can’t be killshotted if invuln.
8. Weakness, weakness is amazing now, a weakened killshot warrior does MUCH less damage.
9. Teleport/Leap skills. Not only to get out of range, but if these are used at the right moment, they will cause the killshot to over-compensate it’s trajectory, and it will simply miss because it went flying off in another direction.

If you need more help than that, I can teach you how to read a rifle warriors build, and counter him through his build.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

(edited by WhiteAndMilky.2514)

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

I am not the first one to say it, and I am not talking about the thief backstab which is quite tolerable considering it does only 8k dmg for a very squishy build.

But this: 10,706 dmg and 15,247 dmg Killshots within 5-6 seconds from a warrior that has more health than my quite balanced Ele, my Ele which takes 5 seconds to cast a freaking meteor that does 4k dmg to him IF it hits at all.

During the a very short time window that Warrior does about 30k dmg. I fully healed after the first Killshot which brought me to 6k health, but the second shot brought down 80% of my health, and that is only because I have a half-bunker ele with 20k hp, else its an instant one-shot kill against any normal ele.

What are we supposed to think about that sort of balancing?

I occasionally run a full glass rifle build in wvw and the only way i’m getting a 10+ thousand killshot on someone is if they are running glass or an upleveled. You wouldn’t mind screenshotting your stats for us that you had at the time of these killshots? Btw a killshot has a 7 3/4 second cooldown with burstmastery.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Nihevil.8024

*snipped junk

What is the point here?

Let me spell it out for you. You should never be able to 1 shot someone with full HP with any skill. Because there’s zero counter play.

And no, don’t bother to bring up backstab. That’s broken too. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

The only people it one shots are those in full zerk armor, with full zerk traits. That’s going to be a glass cannon ele, and a thief. That is also commonly with stacks of vuln on you.

Tools at your disposal:
1. Dodge roll, easiest one. You have 2 dodges at start, and 1 dodge per 10 seconds BASE. You can dodge most killshots just with your BASE dodge rolls.
4. Block skills, unless the warrior is running signet of might, you can block killshots.
8. Weakness, weakness is amazing now, a weakened killshot warrior does MUCH less damage.
9. Teleport/Leap skills. Not only to get out of range, but if these are used at the right moment, they will cause the killshot to over-compensate it’s trajectory, and it will simply miss because it went flying off in another direction.

If you need more help than that, I can teach you how to read a rifle warriors build, and counter him through his build.

10. LoS’ing the warrior

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Oh yes, and I forgot to mention, You must fully trait for burst mastery to have it on a 7 3/4 second CD, with a 1 3/4 cast time that’s 9 1/2 seconds per killshot. Factor in bullet flight time and you’re looking at about 1 killshot per 10 seconds. Which is within your base endurance regen (1 dodge roll per 10 seconds, with 2 per start of engagement)

WhiteAndMilky.2514

10. LoS’ing the warrior

But but.. open field fights! I thought open fields fights is where all the strategy and skill was! Using terrain and structures is for noobs! Real men beat each other up in open fields.

Posted by: Blakvalhalla.6170

Blakvalhalla.6170

-Dodge it
-Instantly focus him
-Go into melee

lmao…are you serious? There is zero time to dodge….huge zerg attacks….dead. Anet knows lag is the killer not necessarily the skills of the opposing team.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

-Dodge it
-Instantly focus him
-Go into melee

lmao…are you serious? There is zero time to dodge….huge zerg attacks….dead. Anet knows lag is the killer not necessarily the skills of the opposing team.

Lag actually hinders rifle warriors more than it helps them. It increases their cast time and makes it even easier to counter a killshot. It also means that if you’re trying to line up a penetrating killshot, the people you lined up most likely are NOT in that position anymore, and are now spread out or even out of range.

Nihevil.8024

10. LoS’ing the warrior

But but.. open field fights! I thought open fields fights is where all the strategy and skill was! Using terrain and structures is for noobs! Real men beat each other up in open fields.

Oh you’re right, I forgot I was playing gw2.

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

*snipped junk

What is the point here?

Tools at your disposal:

Irrelevant when you cannot see it. There’s zero tell when the person is behind you and the alternative is really asking for the impossible, to pick out multiple warriors with rifles in a zerg to the point that I should be ignoring the attackers in melee range.

You sound like one of those posters that tell people not to fire an AOE into a zerg when you see retaliation up, which is a nonsense tip completely divorced from reality. Which makes all your tips even more lol cuz you actually seem to believe this crap.

What you have is pure broken and lazy programming by a team that’s refused to skill split.

Killshot is the result of spvp balance and it’s still OP in spvp, only slightly less so because you’re more likely to see it against 5 players. But my point stands, you cannot see it if the person fires behind you and there’s zero counter play to it. You seem to think that’s ok, and we’re not going to convince each other so we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Think about it this way, killshot has a 2 second cast time. It deals like 15K damage you said. That is about 7.5K DPS, something other classes can achieve quite easily if they go full berserker. Mesmers berserkers can do upwards to 8-10K per person AoE, backstab is also very strong. I’ve seen Guardians burst for obscene amounts, Engis as well.

The trade off for hitting 10-15K Killshots is that Warrior is full berserker. He probably has no condition removal, maybe around 2,300-2,400 armor which means that if anything breathes on him he will probably die. Rifle is a weak weapon if you don’t go full berserker. And if he is using a rifle, more than likely you can beat him melee.

I’m sorry but getting hit by one killshot is understandable, but getting hit by two in a row is unforgivable. There are so many factors that need to go into your favour for you to land a decent kill shot. This includes the target not moving out in range, blinds, aegis, blocking, invulnerability, dodging, the odd non-crits. Protection makes it hit like a wet noodle, decently armored targets aren’t getting hit any more than 7K by kill shots. And it also entails you yourself not getting hit by anything.

I honestly question your claim to being a bunker ele. You have not posted any stats or anything so we could see. Nor do we know how many might stacks the warrior might of had nor the stacks of vulnerability you had either. Even then, one of my warrior builds has 2,400 armor and the most I’ve gotten hit by a kill shot is 11-12K.

This skill is balanced because of all the risks involved and all the factors that need to work in your favour. It hits hard, yes, but if you have decent toughness and HP it is a far cry from a one shot. It has its strengths and its weaknesses.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

WhiteAndMilky.2514

*snipped junk

What is the point here?

Tools at your disposal:

Irrelevant when you cannot see it. There’s zero tell when the person is behind you and the alternative is really asking for the impossible, to pick out multiple warriors with rifles in a zerg to the point that I should be ignoring the attackers in melee range.

You sound like one of those posters that tell people not to fire an AOE into a zerg when you see retaliation up, which is a nonsense tip completely divorced from reality. Which makes all your tips even more lol cuz you actually seem to believe this crap.

What you have is pure broken and lazy programming by a team that’s refused to skill split.

Killshot is the result of spvp balance and it’s still OP in spvp, only slightly less so because you’re more likely to see it against 5 players. But my point stands, you cannot see it if the person fires behind you and there’s zero counter play to it. You seem to think that’s ok, and we’re not going to convince each other so we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

You won’t be able to see a LOT of skills in zerg fights. If that bothers you, go roam or play spvp. The argument that you’re trying to make is that any skill you can’t see because of a zerg fight should be nerfed. Ok, well we’d be left with no skills then. We’d all run around throwing paper towel rolls at each other for 0 damage and yell “Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!”

I don’t think I could ever explain things to you in a way that you would understand. Go to the spvp forums and make this same post about killshot being OP, you will be laughed off the forums.

If you have a multi hit skill like engineer grenades or a flamethrower, I will absolutely tell you not to AoE the FRONT of a zerg because of ret. AOE the back of it like a sensible player would do. But ret is currently unbalanced. When life steal on crit food had no ICD it was ok, but with that nerfed, ret is just too strong vs rapid multi hit skills and needs to be re-designed.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I honestly question your claim to being a bunker ele. You have not posted any stats or anything so we could see. Nor do we know how many might stacks the warrior might of had nor the stacks of vulnerability you had either. Even then, one of my warrior builds has 2,500 armor and the most I’ve gotten hit by a kill shot is 11K.

He is definitely not a bunker ele. Either he is running blue/white items, or glass. I only ever killshot eles for 15k when they are full glass armor full glass traits with vuln on them., and I have 15-20 stacks might.

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

I’m much more likely of dying from falling of a cliff than getting killshotted to death. I haven’t been hit with kill shot in months, is it really that common in other servers?

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I don’t necessarily think Killshot as an ability is OP.

But those damage numbers are just insane, there’s no way around it. I don’t see why in the world a Warrior has to deal so much more damage than any other class.

If any other class had such a strong ability dealing 10.000 damage over 1200 range we’d all be agreeing it is ridiculous. But because we’re talking about Warriors this is somehow ok?

Come on…

Nihevil.8024

*snipped junk

What is the point here?

Tools at your disposal:

Irrelevant when you cannot see it. There’s zero tell when the person is behind you

There’s this sweet thing called Panning Your Camera, you should try it sometime.

killahmayne.9518

I’m much more likely of dying from falling of a cliff than getting killshotted to death. I haven’t been hit with kill shot in months, is it really that common in other servers?

Killshot isn’t the most common skill you will be hit with. Berserker Warriors with rifle are kind of a rarity I don’t see them all that often. Its mostly hammer warriors, or longbow with swords and shields/warhorns being the most common off-set.

If it were OP why don’t we see a whole nation of berserker warriors using killshot and why isn’t it common. Maybe because people do realize that it isn’t even the most effective build we have and that we are susceptible by being 2 shot ourselves?

killahmayne.9518

well, he actually said he was a half bunker-ele, w/e that means.

Aridia.3042

*snipped junk

What is the point here?

Tools at your disposal:

Irrelevant when you cannot see it. There’s zero tell when the person is behind you

There’s this sweet thing called Panning Your Camera, you should try it sometime.

Someone should sticky this protip.

Yep, pan your camera to look behind you while you’re getting hit in front.

LOL.

Aridia.3042

You won’t be able to see a LOT of skills in zerg fights. If that bothers you, go roam or play spvp. The argument that you’re trying to make is that any skill you can’t see because of a zerg fight should be nerfed. Ok, well we’d be left with no skills then. We’d all run around throwing paper towel rolls at each other for 0 damage and yell “Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!”

I don’t think I could ever explain things to you in a way that you would understand. Go to the spvp forums and make this same post about killshot being OP, you will be laughed off the forums.

If you have a multi hit skill like engineer grenades or a flamethrower, I will absolutely tell you not to AoE the FRONT of a zerg because of ret. AOE the back of it like a sensible player would do. But ret is currently unbalanced. When life steal on crit food had no ICD it was ok, but with that nerfed, ret is just too strong vs rapid multi hit skills and needs to be re-designed.

Take your selective reading and condescending tripe and post it else where. You’re not helping anyone with your protips which basically amounts to. Look for it and dodge it, if you can’t see it because you can’t look behind your or when there’s too many people, then it’s meant to be unbalanced like that.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Take your selective reading and condescending tripe and post it else where. You’re not helping anyone with your protips which basically amounts to. Look for it and dodge it, if you can’t see it because you can’t look behind your or when there’s too many people, then it’s meant to be unbalanced like that.

Do yourself a favor and go re-read the posts that others, as well as myself have made in this thread. If you’re getting shot in the back, you might try panning your camera more often. I wouldn’t expect to see a thief stealth back behind me either, until he backstabs me.

Here’s one again, read it a few times. I added 2 more onto the end for you.

The only people it one shots are those in full zerk armor, with full zerk traits. That’s going to be a glass cannon ele, and a thief. That is also commonly with stacks of vuln on you, with the rifle warrior having a large amount of might stacks.

Tools at your disposal:
1. Dodge roll, easiest one. You have 2 dodges at start, and 1 dodge per 10 seconds BASE. You can dodge most killshots just with your BASE dodge rolls. Full traited, a rifle warrior can deal killshot damage every 9.5+ seconds.
10. LoS the warrior when possible. Terrain is the easiest counter to a ranged opponent.
11. Melee and dance around the warrior, they will have trouble building adrenaline if you’re moving around them constantly. This also translates to less damage taken by yourself.

(edited by WhiteAndMilky.2514)

Posted by: Grim Jr.8946

Grim Jr.8946

complaining about an easy to dodge skill.. with a 2 second cast time

My ele could do 20k damage in that 2 seconds. It’s probably OP for newbies

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

15K damage…

What it doesn’t show is your toughness..their crit damage modifiers, your levels of vulnerability, if you were conditioned..if they received 10% dmg to conditioned players etc. You have not provided enough data for this to be discussed.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

How on earth did you manage to get hit by a second? One is understandable, and if you are squishy enough to get one-shotted that’s just a risk of the build you’ve chosen. But getting hit by two seems flat-out impossible.

1- I didn’t get one shotted and I’m one of the least squishy ele you can find out there.
2- I never thought 2 OP burst like this would be possible in a row, specially not from a guy hiding 1500 away.

1- I didn’t say you were one-shotted, note the ‘if’.
2- It leaves a bright white glowing trail for nearly a half second, which leads right to the person that made the shot, how could you possibly not know where he is?

I play a bunker ele currently, and was one of the first people to play the warrior sniper build. The sniper build is not overpowered, if anything the ele is ridiculously underpowered right now. All other low armor and low health classes have inherent survivability in their class mechanics, the Ele has never had that. At launch it had instead inherent healing and powerful defensive utilities. Unfortunately ANet couldn’t understand why every Ele build was exactly the same when they had no survivability outside a dozen traits, a handful of weapon skills, and four or five admittedly overpowered utilities. And so to increase build diversity they halved (or less) any defensive ability the ele had. So now, all eles builds are equally terrible.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

I play a bunker ele currently, and was one of the first people to play the warrior sniper build. The sniper build is not overpowered, however currently pretty much any ele build is well underpowered.

Please don’t try to say Elementalist is underpowered in WvW since its currently the best class besides Guardians that are only good for powering up the Elementalists and Warriors.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I play a bunker ele currently, and was one of the first people to play the warrior sniper build. The sniper build is not overpowered, however currently pretty much any ele build is well underpowered.

Please don’t try to say Elementalist is underpowered in WvW since its currently the best class besides Guardians that are only good for powering up the Elementalists and Warriors.

Yeah, that’s what the developers have been saying, and it’s certainly what you see in WvW every day.

Oh wait, no it’s not, on either count. You never see Eles in WvW except acting as mobile dummy artillery and healers (little better than rally-fodder), and the Ele is so broken and nonfunctional that it’s entire class mechanic is receiving the biggest buff we’ve seen since launch.

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

Few people realize how shallow bag of trick the warrior has. It’s designed to be in a straight up raw stat fight and bullwalk through opponents, and if u get into that kind of fight, do not complain that u lose. From what I know, condi Necro is probably the only class that can go in a straight stat comparing fight with War and win.

Still, I’m totally fine with giving Warrior less raw number if they are given more sophisticated tricks (stealth, utility, clones, teleport, or better access to conditions all sound great )

Posted by: Trego.6182

Trego.6182

Nerf!

There are things that are beautiful , because one cannot obtain them.
There is neither Shadow nor Light, only Gray remains.

Posted by: Menno.6092

Menno.6092

WowWOwWow! i got 5k houres in this game and i can dodge that in any situation! oh w8, i could do that when i played the game for a week.. Killshot has a 2-3 sec channeling time, calling it OP is way outof line. Also you could see that at that point you’re only fighting 2 people so you could eazely see the channeling. Use blocks/reflects/unvin/blind/DODGE!, should try it! it realy works! :o its magic :o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96kwILL35ig

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Killshot isn’t OP at all.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: blutstein.2468

blutstein.2468

*snipped junk

What is the point here?

Tools at your disposal:

that are some really really progamer tips, glad we have you, otherwise i wouldn’t know how to reach lvl 10.

the grass is always greener on the other side.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

Posted by: apocalyps.7106

apocalyps.7106

let’s nerf every skill in the game, then we don’t have anything to complain and cry about on the forums.
Kill shot is the laziest skill on that rifle , you can even “dodge” it if at a certain distance by moving 2 paces sideways.
everyone getting powned by a skill at times , be it a upscaled wvw char or a full exotic one comes on the forums to say that skill is op and should be nerfed, play that class then see what’s op and what’s not.
backstab had it’s day , some months ago , on the forums , of “omg that skill is op , must be nerfed”

learn to cope with it, if we nerf everything , we’ll end up watching the stars on discovery.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

*snipped junk

What is the point here?

Tools at your disposal:

that are some really really progamer tips, glad we have you, otherwise i wouldn’t know how to reach lvl 10.

the grass is always greener on the other side.

You’re welcome! Happy pew pew!

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

I like warriors and I like thiefs…

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

He is definitely not a bunker ele. Either he is running blue/white items, or glass. I only ever killshot eles for 15k when they are full glass armor full glass traits with vuln on them., and I have 15-20 stacks might.

1- I am bunker “Enough” to my taste. More bunker than I am and I will make no damage at all nor play this game anymore.
I have 19000 hp without my stacks of Guard defense, 21500 with full stack (with food).
That’s twice my class base health pool, and it’s more than my friends bunker eles. My toughness is around 1650, you can’t have much more than that on an ele without going full bunker.

I can attain those stats only because everything I have is full ascended stats.
If I go more bunker than that my most powerful skill will hit for under 4k at MAX might stacks against an enemy without toughness, it doesn’t make Killshot any less OP.
And even full bunker the Warrior still has more health than most light class bunker.

Instead of crying OP everytime someone whoops your butt, try playing the thing you are attempting to talk about.

Well thanks for judging, I mean after over 1500 hours of play I come here to complain about a skill and here you go “I’m crying Op everytime”.

I was actually defending Thief Backstab, because it’s part of their specialty in 1 vs 1, I understand it, and they are a light armor class. I always survive the initial burst of a thief, they always get me when I have exhausted my run away skills.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

Posted by: Chullster.3608

Chullster.3608

I don’t agree with you OP and neither does Anet since they’re buffing the rifle trait.

When I play rifle in wvw I had a choice, max damage on 1 target (30/10/0/0/30) or not-max damage but on multiple targets (30/25/0/0/15).

Come today update, I can have my cake and eat it, max damage on multiple targets.

Expect more rifle warriors, even if it is a worse weapon than the longbow, it’s a lot of fun.

15k is rather bad damage by the way, I’d be ashamed hitting a killshot that low.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Kill shot is probably the easiest dodgeable skill in game. Makes the damage somehow justified. I still believe warriors are OP but kill shot is not one of the reasons.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Tag with a Guardian with wall of reflection since KS animation is easy to spot, guardian can get that damage refected to source.

2^cents.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

But those damage numbers are just insane, there’s no way around it. I don’t see why in the world a Warrior has to deal so much more damage than any other class.

If any other class had such a strong ability dealing 10.000 damage over 1200 range we’d all be agreeing it is ridiculous. But because we’re talking about Warriors this is somehow ok?

Come on…

So, a full zerker Ele is OP by your definition, right? Because I can do much more damage than rifle warrior can, and to a lot more ppl at once, using only two abilities at a time.
And you know why I can do it? Because ppl cannot dodge, that’s all, if they can, I would be screwed.
And for clarification, I haven’t been hit by a killshot yet, weird? Maybe I just position myself better, dunno. But a rifle warrior never killed me, or even downed me.

#ELEtism 4ever

WhiteAndMilky.2514

1- I am bunker “Enough” to my taste. More bunker than I am and I will make no damage at all nor play this game anymore.
I have 19000 hp without my stacks of Guard defense, 21500 with full stack (with food).
That’s twice my class base health pool, and it’s more than my friends bunker eles. My toughness is around 1650, you can’t have much more than that on an ele without going full bunker.

I can attain those stats only because everything I have is full ascended stats.
If I go more bunker than that my most powerful skill will hit for under 4k at MAX might stacks against an enemy without toughness, it doesn’t make Killshot any less OP.
And even full bunker the Warrior still has more health than most light class bunker.

Instead of crying OP everytime someone whoops your butt, try playing the thing you are attempting to talk about.

Well thanks for judging, I mean after over 1500 hours of play I come here to complain about a skill and here you go “I’m crying Op everytime”.

I was actually defending Thief Backstab, because it’s part of their specialty in 1 vs 1, I understand it, and they are a light armor class. I always survive the initial burst of a thief, they always get me when I have exhausted my run away skills.

You realize that killshot can only be used for good damage when its at full adrenaline too right? Kill shot traited lowest cooldown is still 10 seconds for actual damage, and you can dodge every 10 seconds. But that’s ASSUMING the warrior has full adrenaline the moment killshot is off cooldown.

Also, thief is a medium armor class, not light armor. There are 3 light armor classes, elementalist, necromancer, and mesmer. Thief is part of the medium armor class, which is thief, engineer, and ranger.

4235 hours played. I don’t PvE, I don’t afk. 16 level 80s. I say you’re crying because I have an extreme amount of experience with what you are talking about.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Come on…

So, a full zerker Ele is OP by your definition, right? Because I can do much more damage than rifle warrior can, and to a lot more ppl at once, using only two abilities at a time.
And you know why I can do it? Because ppl cannot dodge, that’s all, if they can, I would be screwed.
And for clarification, I haven’t been hit by a killshot yet, weird? Maybe I just position myself better, dunno. But a rifle warrior never killed me, or even downed me.

Yeah rifle warriors are pretty rare in WvW, and good ones are even rarer. It’s definitely not a dueling spec. I’ve beaten people in duels, but it wasn’t because of my spec, weapons, or utilities. It was because they let me do things that are easy to counter. Like channeling a killshot on a thief, he stealths, then thinks he is going to be immune to my channeled killshot. Or a guardian who doesn’t know what signet of might is, I pop killshot, he pops shelter, I pop signet of might and punch through it. He could have dodged with his perma vigor, but his lack of knowledge about my abilities gave me an easy kill. I really like when I encounter enemy rifle warriors in a zerg fight, because I know how easy of a kill they are (funny aint it?) The level of situational awareness required when playing glass cannon rifle war in large fights is pretty darn high. One little mistake and you’re done.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I am not the first one to say it, and I am not talking about the thief backstab which is quite tolerable considering it does only 8k dmg for a very squishy build.

But this: 10,706 dmg and 15,247 dmg Killshots within 5-6 seconds from a warrior that has more health than my quite balanced Ele, my Ele which takes 5 seconds to cast a freaking meteor that does 4k dmg to him IF it hits at all.

During the a very short time window that Warrior does about 30k dmg. I fully healed after the first Killshot which brought me to 6k health, but the second shot brought down 80% of my health, and that is only because I have a half-bunker ele with 20k hp, else its an instant one-shot kill against any normal ele.

What are we supposed to think about that sort of balancing?

There is no balance to be had here OP.

My questions are these : Why did you eat two consecutive kill shots ? They’re one of the EASIEST skill to dodge.
Two – realize please that while kill shot damage is pretty good your rifle glass cannon build has no utility whatsoever and you’re only good for sniping/trolling people. It is a non-competitive gimmick build that ANY decent build or ANY decent player will destroy.

Try running it yourself and see how you do. After that come back.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Harper.4173

By your logic a thief in stealth is also unbalanced because you cannot see him. Amazing.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’ve never seen a killshot warrior in wvw, come to think of it I hardly see any warriors with a rifle. If it was so kitten OP, surely we would see more of them?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

lol this thread was fun to read

Anyway one thing that OP is saying later in this topic is that he/she has problems dodge/reflect/parry this skill in big encounters like; what if there is 2 warriors casting killshot with 1sec in between but you only notice one of them. You also notice that a cow is falling down on your possition and also a warrior and Guardian and a mesmer is trying to melee you down (You are attaking a tower). You save your dodges to negate the killshot and you know to dodge now when the shot is fired and you say ‘HAHA’ and 1sec later you are downed and 2sec after that you are dead to the 3 melee enemies too. Poor warrior who missed since he/she will get nothing but the other sniping warrior will say ‘headshot!’ and feel proud and skilled.

I can agree with OP that a instakill or almost instakill skill is quite gamebreaking, sure it is easy to dodge and see but not in all situations. After reading this topic I have learned that I will use Killshot with my warrior in WvW when I havent been noticed.

Before I played GW2 I played LotrO and there is a skill hunters has that is almost like killshot (or it was atleast). It has long induction and does almost isnstakill but this skill when used has a big crossair above the targets head to indicate to you to ‘get out or die’.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

STRanger.5120

Come on…

Yeah rifle warriors are pretty rare in WvW, and good ones are even rarer. It’s definitely not a dueling spec. I’ve beaten people in duels, but it wasn’t because of my spec, weapons, or utilities. It was because they let me do things that are easy to counter. Like channeling a killshot on a thief, he stealths, then thinks he is going to be immune to my channeled killshot. Or a guardian who doesn’t know what signet of might is, I pop killshot, he pops shelter, I pop signet of might and punch through it. He could have dodged with his perma vigor, but his lack of knowledge about my abilities gave me an easy kill. I really like when I encounter enemy rifle warriors in a zerg fight, because I know how easy of a kill they are (funny aint it?) The level of situational awareness required when playing glass cannon rifle war in large fights is pretty darn high. One little mistake and you’re done.

Agreed, this x2 for a zerker Ele, we go down in a heartbeat when focused, but on the other side we also can unleash quite a destruction if the enemy let us. I vote balanced
Warrior have much more OP things than a rifle one-trick pony build.

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I want to take my thief and drop a shadow refuge with 4 warriors with berserker rifle warriors in it.

Dodging is not always a valid response.

Harper.4173

I can agree with OP that a instakill or almost instakill skill is quite gamebreaking, sure it is easy to dodge and see but not in all situations.

That’s the whole point. If it was easy to counter in ALL situations it would be useless. OP needs to step up his game. I can understand SOME complaints – but this one is just over the top.

STRanger.5120

I want to take my thief and drop a shadow refuge with 4 warriors with berserker rifle warriors in it.

Dodging is not always a valid response.

Well, just do it, nobody stands in your way At least someone who is thinking here, this is pretty smart usage of this, however I wouldn’t be happy to stand in the refuge when half of the zerg nearby focuses their AOE on it

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’ve never seen a killshot warrior in wvw, come to think of it I hardly see any warriors with a rifle. If it was so kitten OP, surely we would see more of them?

Yea, I’ve never seen a rifle warrior, nor have I ever been killed by one. I think OP was fighting in a zerg, some warrior on top of a tower wall had him targetted, OP was maybe casting meteor shower or fighting some other guy and got popped by KS like a sitting duck without even realizing it. That doesn’t make the skill OP. It makes it a viable defense skill. In any other situation that dude would be destroyed. I would love to come across a rifle warrior running solo in WvW. For the lolz.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….