Class Balance [Killshot OP]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

If people want to continue to allow killshot to do it’s damage because it’s dodge-able then we need to balance the rest of the game in that same manner. All 1s skills will do half that damage, so if it’s 15k killshots then 7.5k for normal 1s attacks. Obviously channeled attacks like necro’s ghastly claws will do the full 15k over the 2s (better dodge!). It’s all dodgeable though so it’s not a problem right? Just gotta pan your camera better…

The argument for this type of damage is absurd. If warriors rifle is so bad outside killshot then it needs reworked, it should not justify the damage on killshot. A 2s animation also shouldn’t justify that damage because I can think of dozen more ways that you’re either not going to be able to dodge it or you’re not going to see it coming. In a 1v1 or even a 2v2 it’s balanced but very quickly it becomes unbalanced.

The bottomline of all of this is that there should be no insta-kill or near insta-kill abilities in this game. Those types of attacks completely kill tactics and strategy of combat. It isn’t just killshot that crosses that line and this isn’t just a nerf warriors thing. ANY class that has abilities or combos that can crit well above say 7k on a medium armor build need to be brought back down to size.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Don’t you get a target under you during the 2sec channel?

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Skills like kill shot probably need a special player animation (like a bull’s-eye floating above your head while the channel is occurring). This way you know you’re being targeted by something nasty. Although I’m sure this would spawn a “makes my skill useless” rant by the rifle warriors.

One-shot skills are quite lame imho — not fun and does not enhance the game in any way. It’s entertainment for an 8-year old maturity level.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I died with 25 stacks of invulnerability and he had 25 stacks of might and I am in full zerker gear, that <insert class name> with <insert skill name> is OP! No one should be able to one shot! #eyeroll

Honestly the amount of times I’ve 1 shotted someone with my killshot is like… zero? And I constantly use my rifle. Heck, my Volley at times deals roughly the same amount of damage and it at least allows me to remain mobile.
Back before it was nerfed, the killshot damage was overbearing, but now? Hardly worth using unless its situation. But if you are dying from one shot, I suggest you think about changing your WvW build or your tactics.

Although I always find it funny when people complain about you know… a killshot being well… a killshot. lol

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Killshot is way higher than backstab. Killshot is the hardest hitting skill pr hit in the game- if a backstab hits for 15 k a killshot will hit for 17 k.

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Lol you didn’t interrupt it, then don’t complain about it.

Quoted from Anet’s ranger guide video: “L2P”

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: Grim Jr.8946

Grim Jr.8946

If people want to continue to allow killshot to do it’s damage because it’s dodge-able then we need to balance the rest of the game in that same manner. All 1s skills will do half that damage, so if it’s 15k killshots then 7.5k for normal 1s attacks. Obviously channeled attacks like necro’s ghastly claws will do the full 15k over the 2s (better dodge!). It’s all dodgeable though so it’s not a problem right? Just gotta pan your camera better…

The argument for this type of damage is absurd. If warriors rifle is so bad outside killshot then it needs reworked, it should not justify the damage on killshot. A 2s animation also shouldn’t justify that damage because I can think of dozen more ways that you’re either not going to be able to dodge it or you’re not going to see it coming. In a 1v1 or even a 2v2 it’s balanced but very quickly it becomes unbalanced.

The bottomline of all of this is that there should be no insta-kill or near insta-kill abilities in this game. Those types of attacks completely kill tactics and strategy of combat. It isn’t just killshot that crosses that line and this isn’t just a nerf warriors thing. ANY class that has abilities or combos that can crit well above say 7k on a medium armor build need to be brought back down to size.

So… Nerf all classes right? cause you can well do that much damage with any class in a span of 2 seconds. reduce all damage by 50%

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

Wait, did’t the ts said hes a staff ele, just press earth’s reflect aura when the warrior is channelling Killshot? Much Profit, Such Fun

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Guys, I got oneshotted by an enemy zerg with my Zerker staff Ele, that’s OP, nerf it. Thanks

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

Guys, I got oneshotted by an enemy zerg with my Zerker staff Ele, that’s OP, nerf it. Thanks

lol yeah that is pretty much the truth about the OP in this post.

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

Killshot is way higher than backstab. Killshot is the hardest hitting skill pr hit in the game- if a backstab hits for 15 k a killshot will hit for 17 k.

And the warrior can’t go stealth 90% of a fight nor instantly apply 5 different conditions either…

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

getting flamed by people of your own class is embarrassing.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Rifle is useless on warrior, killshot included.

Such a long cast time you have all the time in the world to dodge.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Rifle is useless on warrior, killshot included.

Such a long cast time you have all the time in the world to dodge.

It’s actually pretty fun if you are defending against a zerg from on top of a wall and you see some Ele in the blob standing still casting Meteor Shower completely oblivious. Quite fun indeed lol. Rifle KS is only useful if the enemy stands completely still and isn’t paying attention. It is useless in almost every other situation.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

lich form does 8k dmg per auto attack every 3/4 seconds with a zerker necro OP!

But for real though, Rifles in general take advantage of people who are unaware or who are made of glass. Really, I don’t remember any moment that this game has been out where rifle warriors have been a problem.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

As a fellow staff ele, there is really no excuse to being sniped twice for those sort of numbers.

Solutions:
Get full celestial (or a mix to produce similar)
Position yourself correctly with relation to your zerg and the enemy zerg
Rotate attunements to keep protection and regen up
Armor of Earth ftw
Armor of Earth @ 50% HP trait ftw
Pop Magnetic Aura pretty much on CD
If you find yourself getting focused, MOVE kitten .

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I kind of wonder if pre-loading piercing killshots before taking a mesmer portal would be a servicable idea. Complicated as all hell, I’m guessing, but it might be interesting.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Kill shot isnt OP mainly because its the principal damage feature of rifle warrior. Its a sniping skill… as such its normal it does SNIPER level damage wich means a lot. Kill shot likely is the highest damage single strike skill in the game for that very reason.

I run dual rifle warrior (battle rune) 4 might swap and i can tell those numbers are 100% real yet the whole problem of the build is that unless you got a sitting duck you wont do these damage, In pve its 100% viable but you need an actual team in front of you distracting the mobs while you shoot them…
15 25 0 0 30 or 0 25 15 0 30
the whole point is that the target has to be availlable for the snipes (sitting ducks in the courtyards). WvW castle D and PVE provide those targets quite easily so rifle warrior will enjoy it. Killshot also is a 3 second casting time spell wich is somewhat obvious, unless your running away or your your just totaly daydreaming its nearly impossible you wont be noticing the warrior is preparing to killshot you (if i ever run rifle build in pvp i need to use my bola to keep my target from moving away)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This skill has like the most obvious tell of all skills ever, and can even be reflected for a wonderful 15k spike to the dumb warrior who shot it in the first place. Quite frankly I love fighting people who use Rifle this predictably.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

People are still complaining about warrior’s rifle? I’m guessing it’s those that just installed the game.

It’s the worst weapon in the game. Useless in melee and has the most obvious attacks ever. I love coming across these warriors because they are free kills.

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

nerfing killshot wont stop you from being bad at game srry op you just need to uninstall

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

It’s funny, I’m sure I read an Anet dev post a while back saying they do not like the idea of ‘one hit kill’ skills in their game ‘because that’s not fun’. I guess they got round that by making it ‘almost one hit kill’?

I don’t care if it’s easy to dodge/block/blind or whatever. No profession should have access to a skill that powerful for such little effort and so frequently.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Um… rifle warrior’s killshot vs staff ele… did you ever think of using fire 4, air 3, or earth 3?… Also while he sits there channeling you can dump any 2 of lava font, ice shard, or eruption on him. Heck, you could use air 2 when he starts his channel and you’ll blind his killshot while hitting him as hard a meteor hits.

Killshot isn’t effortless to perform, it’s even higher risk than meteor shower and at lower reward.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

It’s funny, I’m sure I read an Anet dev post a while back saying they do not like the idea of ‘one hit kill’ skills in their game ‘because that’s not fun’. I guess they got round that by making it ‘almost one hit kill’?

I don’t care if it’s easy to dodge/block/blind or whatever. No profession should have access to a skill that powerful for such little effort and so frequently.

How is it little effort? Your intended target has to be literally brain dead to be hit by it. Anyone with eyes can see the attack coming, if you get hit by it you deserve to be one-shot or close to it. If you’re attacking a tower in WvW and there’s even a slight chance the enemy might use the skill, here’s a tip: STOP STANDING IN ONE PLACE FOR LIKE FOREVER.

Saying Killshot is OP is like saying Ganondorf’s B attack is OP. You have every opportunity to avoid it. If it lands, it’s your own fault.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Phillip.6485

Phillip.6485

So assuming the devs will nerf Killshot, this lot here will complain about something else, and something else etc. It won’t stop. Just delete the warrior class.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

How is it little effort? Your intended target has to be literally brain dead to be hit by it. Anyone with eyes can see the attack coming, if you get hit by it you deserve to be one-shot or close to it. If you’re attacking a tower in WvW and there’s even a slight chance the enemy might use the skill, here’s a tip: STOP STANDING IN ONE PLACE FOR LIKE FOREVER.

Saying Killshot is OP is like saying Ganondorf’s B attack is OP. You have every opportunity to avoid it. If it lands, it’s your own fault.

In a 1v1 situation I would completely agree with you, but seeing as how combat is supposedly balanced on team play in this game, and a team can help their warrior make that killshot much easier, I do not see how this skill is balanced.

I think the main problem with it is in WvW. In sPvP it doesn’t matter too much as you can quickly get back into the game, and though they will have gained extra points for their team, it does not inconvenience you too much as you can get back into the action quickly. But in WvW, it can often mean a long trek back to get to where the fun was, by which time it is probably over anyway. Maybe Anet saw this as their sniper rifle, like in fps games, which is fine for the small maps of sPvP, but not so much fun in the large maps of WvW. Also, a sniper rifle requires careful aiming (so a skilled hand), while Killshot only requires an unaware target.

If any other profession catches you off guard and spikes you, a good player still has a small chance to deal with the situation. If killshot catches you off guard, you better hope you have a high enough health pool or you have no chance at all.

Personally, I have never been hit by Killshot, but I still find it an unbalanced skill for a game designed around team combat. I could also say the same about backstab. But then I’ve never really been keen on skills that take away more than half your health in one hit.

So assuming the devs will nerf Killshot, this lot here will complain about something else, and something else etc. It won’t stop. Just delete the warrior class.

Complaining about complaining is not really helping the discussion much is it?

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Kill shot is worse than Churning earth. Both rarely hit even if you Lightning flash your churning earth and kill shot gets reflected back in warriors faces. At least churning earth is AoE. Only thing kill shot has going for it is a short cooldown that 2 sec root is killer though.

Ida

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

HAHAHA OH WOW

Please don’t be serious, please.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

ok I main warrior I have 4 of them my main one has twilight and predator so I use rifle now Killshot is not op in any way ele hit by kill shot ok first time I’ll give u unaware but you should have been slapped in the face by the dmg which in case 10 seconds u could find him use eart/air blind or gust if I remember you also have a projectile reflection? come on get real getting hit a second time is dumb I only use kill shot when I’ve beat you in the face with my great sword and you are running away which most eles have mist form and wah-lah conditions get you but dmg doesnt. also to hit that hard means he is squishy even being a tank as you say your condition dmg alone will overwelm their 30 second cd heal that is only useful with full adren dodge burst(or tank if you can) and his heal is worthless in all honesty(since it is mostly used for a chain burst). thief zerker is a totally different matter either aoe your feet and run or die

(edited by TheJokester.4672)

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

I never use kill shot when I run with my rifle, because it sucks. It roots you with the most obvious animation ever and person usually just dodges, blocks it, or goes out of range. In a zerg situations I would rather just equip axe or GS and the cleave for 20k+ dps than charge 2 seconds just to possibly hit a single target.

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

I have 19000 hp without my stacks of Guard defense, 21500 with full stack (with food).
That’s twice my class base health pool, and it’s more than my friends bunker eles. My toughness is around 1650, you can’t have much more than that on an ele without going full bunker..

Actually, you can have more toughness than 1650 without going full bunker. You don’t need that much hp, you can shave off three or even four thousand since you have guard defense. Also there’s these amazing stat combinations called Cavalier and Knights. Full pvt is trash, stop wasting stats.

Edit: you’re squishy.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

I find all weapons and armor to be OP,
we should all run around in our underwear and dance the mobs to death.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Mier.5419

Mier.5419

Here is a helpful post. I play a warrior. Want to avoid killshot? Dodge it or get out of range fast. If you are busy fighting someone else in WvW and you get double teamed then it is a moot point because that is the nature of WvW. You are rarely going to find a 1 vs 1 situation there. Everyone else is saying “dodge” or “this skill from X class is even more OP” and they are ignoring the fact that this happened in WvW. In a 1 vs 1 situation this is more than manageable by most classes. Sorry you got tagged twice by this balanced skill. Yes I say balanced because you have to weigh the risk versus reward for it. Not able to move, wasted if player dodges or gets out of range and you are wide open to be ganked by a stray player.

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

1v1/2v1 situation is manageable, not much to say if you get hit. Though a warrior sniping 1500 range when you’re preoccupied (looked like OP was hitting a camp/tapping a gate?) and jumped, pretty easy to miss a KS.

Still way too many ignorant posts and trolls (“lol try 2 doge”). A “half bunker ele” getting tagged for 15k does seem a bit excessive. “Press X to not die”, especially in WvW, is simply cheap design and a terrible excuse for balance, I don’t care how bad a skill is.

IMO it’s a cheap skill for being able to hit so hard from so far away on a short cooldown that’s built into the class (no skill sacrifices), but if that’s mostly what rifle does well then I’m with letting lame warriors get their rocks off with it; good warriors don’t need this cheap burst and wouldn’t waste their adren on it, they would know how to fight.

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

1v1/2v1 situation is manageable, not much to say if you get hit. Though a warrior sniping 1500 range when you’re preoccupied (looked like OP was hitting a camp/tapping a gate?) and jumped, pretty easy to miss a KS.

Still way too many ignorant posts and trolls (“lol try 2 doge”). A “half bunker ele” getting tagged for 15k does seem a bit excessive. “Press X to not die”, especially in WvW, is simply cheap design and a terrible excuse for balance, I don’t care how bad a skill is.

IMO it’s a cheap skill for being able to hit so hard from so far away on a short cooldown that’s built into the class (no skill sacrifices), but if that’s mostly what rifle does well then I’m with letting lame warriors get their rocks off with it; good warriors don’t need this cheap burst and wouldn’t waste their adren on it, they would know how to fight.

The thing is, warriors who can pull this off do completely build for it and do it just to troll people. Stop acting like there is honor in a game. Kill people however you want. Be prepared to be killed as well.

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

sorry, i will have to use L2P on this one. Why? killshot takes forever to cast, and you cannot see it then it is your problem.

Please don’t bring 1v5 situation, you are getting ganked. A warrior facing another class, it is balanced and that is the point.

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

the one thing I love about it vs most other skills beat a thief in the face with gs swap and prep usually they are squishy and trying to back out so they stealth but it’s already started and it still hits them they come out of stealth in down state LOVE IT best counter to those op hoes

Edit: thief removed completely replace with Dervish k thnx bai

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Edit: thief removed completely replace with Dervish k thnx bai

Yes, so much yes.

Ida

Posted by: Kai.9182

Kai.9182

What you want to do is let the 2 second cast time happen without dodging, blocking, going invul, ccing him or moving behind any object that might block the attack.

That way when you go to the forums you can post a big hit of a full zerker warrior building up his adrenaline on you then managing to hit you with it.