Class for the next expac PLEASE...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

CREATE A FIGHTING CLASS! PLEASE!! I really would love fighting gauntlets as weapons. I mean its just so powerful for me, I personally find martial arts as a very beautiful form of expression. This game is amazing, but it wont be complete to me until you implement a martial arts master class….maybe when you release Cantha? Or right before you release it? Idk how you do it, but please make this happen, it would also please your Asian/eastern fanbase, including westerners that really appreciate martial arts and its culture.

(edited by Adry.7512)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I think fist type weapons would work well for several of the professions, we don’t really need a whole new class for it.

In the mean time, have you checked out the Daredevil elite spec for thieves? The new weapon is a staff, but they also gain a few bare hands attacks in their utility skills. Not enough to fight that way constantly, but it allows you to throw in an occasional weaponless attack.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Adry.7512

I think fist type weapons would work well for several of the professions, we don’t really need a whole new class for it.

In the mean time, have you checked out the Daredevil elite spec for thieves? The new weapon is a staff, but they also gain a few bare hands attacks in their utility skills. Not enough to fight that way constantly, but it allows you to throw in an occasional weaponless attack.

Hmmm not really. Think about it, martial arts master includes weapons too like in ninjutsu. Therefore you can have a martial arts master class, and then the fists can be added to other classes but with different attacks that pertain to that class. Like for example the warrior can be called the brawler, instead of martial arts master. The theme for martial arts master can be based on counter attacks, with high mobility, and dps.

(edited by Adry.7512)

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

this would be better as an elite spec, and there is a dev approved post with hundreds of suggestions in it. i suggest you post it there.

as for a new profession, i definitely think 9 is already more than enough, and this is too similar to thief and daredevil. it would encroach on their territory in the same ways revenant and mesmer already do

Adry.7512

this would be better as an elite spec, and there is a dev approved post with hundreds of suggestions in it. i suggest you post it there.

as for a new profession, i definitely think 9 is already more than enough, and this is too similar to thief and daredevil. it would encroach on their territory in the same ways revenant and mesmer already do

I definitely see this being an elite spec for thief, but the thought of a martial arts master class sounds more culturally appealing.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

OP ask yourself what niche would this class fill in the combat meta? What would they do differently that any other class can’t already do?

Next ask yourself why would we need a whole new class when the thief already has its roots in martial arts? The thief came from the GW1 assassin which was THE martial arts class of the Factions expansion in Cantha.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

This will not happen, I am pretty sure of that. Maybe we will get fist weapons on an elite spec for a few existing professions, but I doubt very much if we will get a whole new profession dedicated to martial arts. Especially when the Daredevil is already design along those lines.

Daredevil is very much a Tyrian martial artist, they have staff vaulting, acrobatic leaps, dodge rolling, palm strikes, sweeping kicks, etc.. I would be very surprised if Anet added another profession focused on martial arts and I would even be surprised if they added another elite specialization focused on martial arts.

I’d enjoy fist weapons too, but I just do not think it will happen. At least not as a stand alone profession. I suspect the next few expansions will bring with them new elite specs and existing (currently unusable) weapons to existing professions. And technically they could keep doing that for at least another 5 expansions, possibly 6, after which the Warrior will be able to use all weapons and they will have to create a new one to be able to give them something new.

All that said, who really knows for sure. Only Anet will know what they have planned. They may well bring back the monk profession one day, but in the form of a martial artist style monk rather than the healer of GW1 days. And maybe then you will get your fist weapons. But in all honesty, I cannot see it happening.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Adry.7512

OP ask yourself what niche would this class fill in the combat meta? What would they do differently that any other class can’t already do?

Next ask yourself why would we need a whole new class when the thief already has its roots in martial arts? The thief came from the GW1 assassin which was THE martial arts class of the Factions expansion in Cantha.

Very good point. Well I see the thief more as the ninja and the martial artist more as the….martial artist from the Asian themed continent. Remember that ninjas and martial artists played very different roles in Asian cultural history. Now in the meta, the martial artist would focus on counter attack, such as an interrupt with a daze/stun, with less of a damage output than the thief, but more counter attacks and time based play style. This could serve a purpose of delaying enemies while a team snatches a few points. The class would be more based on survival and counters rather than very high damage output. I imagine that in a 1vs1 this class would excel, but in a group battle or if outnumbered, I imagine this class would serve as a support with high survival capabilities, but insuficiant damage output to kill many enemies at once, unless played really well.

Edit: another addition could be knockdowns, dashes/dodges, fast dps, and immobility cancels.
Main buffs could be quickness, fury, superspeed, and defense buffs.

(edited by Adry.7512)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

H2h weapons would fill a close ranged fast martial weapon that some what missing but a club will fill this roll too. Daggers are close to this roll but they tend to be more magic and sword is more of a def weapon. A maces is a slow close ranged martial weapon.
So its not realty a class your looking for but weapon types and the roll they would fill.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Adry.7512

H2h weapons would fill a close ranged fast martial weapon that some what missing but a club will fill this roll too. Daggers are close to this roll but they tend to be more magic and sword is more of a def weapon. A maces is a slow close ranged martial weapon.
So its not realty a class your looking for but weapon types and the roll they would fill.

I need a weapon style that speaks to me. I’m sure if they implemented martial arts master, it would definitely become a fan favorite, unless they do a bad job with the development of the class.