i play guardian to level 4 and i really like the fire blow spell ability
and i wanted a class which all spells have really nice animation
which class has this
pls dont say engineer

Class with best looking spells?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

try elementalist, has a “fire blow” spell you like plus many more cool effects.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Nausiation.1469

Nausiation.1469

I really like the spell effects of guardian

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Mesmer or Guardian. Mesmer got that purple

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

I personally like the necromancer spell effects and animations. But at the end of the day, that’s just MY opinion, and yours will probably vary.

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

Guardian hands down. Look closely at their consecration flame details in highest settings.
The flames are actually moving symbols designed to look like fire and not actually fire at all.
Also the effects projectiles cause when they’re absorbed by shields and walls. The ATD is incredible. If only the dev team we’re as good as the art team. Sigh.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Basically the Class with the most awesome visual effects currently can’t be measured, because in the end, its all just a matter of personal taste.

However, I think many skills in GW2 could look much much better and more detailed.
Most Skills I find personally boring or unappealing by their design and or effects.

There are many other games out there, which successfully are able to make their skills look much more impressive and that to an epic scale, that your jaws drop down just by looking at their effects.

Really hope that we get in future something like Skill Skins with that we can make the Skills look more impressive, otherwise I’ve to say that there exist even tons of offline rpgs with better Skill Effects, than GW2.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: adubb.2453

adubb.2453

For me, it’s a close bet between Guardian and Elementalist. The Guardian blue flames and bubbles look seriously rad, pair that with being a Charr Guardian, and it’s an admittedly intimidating look.

Elementalist abilities are also rad looking. And you have a huge range of AoE abilities. Lots of a really awesome looking abilities.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Basically the Class with the most awesome visual effects currently can’t be measured, because in the end, its all just a matter of personal taste.

However, I think many skills in GW2 could look much much better and more detailed.
Most Skills I find personally boring or unappealing by their design and or effects.

There are many other games out there, which successfully are able to make their skills look much more impressive and that to an epic scale, that your jaws drop down just by looking at their effects.

Really hope that we get in future something like Skill Skins with that we can make the Skills look more impressive, otherwise I’ve to say that there exist even tons of offline rpgs with better Skill Effects, than GW2.

Wow youre hard to please.. GW2 is beautiful. Get over yourself.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

On the other hand, I (and a lot more players) hope we get “turn all this crazy light off” check box in options menu so we can see at what are we actually swinging swords, axes, maces…

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Guardian, all the way.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Wow youre hard to please.. GW2 is beautiful. Get over yourself.

I haven’t said anything different, just only that GW2 is far away from being perfect in Skill Effects and giving the player the feeling of true horizontal progression that lets your character look really heroic, special and epic.
But in the end its naturally only just a matter of taste.

• It gives older games MMO, as like console ones, with better action orientated combat systems. The only thing that GW2 made good here is the Dodge Mechanic
  • It gives older games, MMOs, as like console games with better and more detailed Skill Effects, than GW2, where you truly see, that GW2 is simply a game made for old crappy PC, so that these can run the game too and not a game made in mind for high end PCs, thats I think also a reason why GW2 doesn’t still support sadly DX11 what could improve alot the Skill Effects for better PCs…
  • It gives older MMOs and especially console games with much better Combo Skill Effects, that don’t end up in a cluttered Effect Chaos like in GW2, where the player is basically forced to reduce the Effect Intensity to becoem able to see at all, whats going on in the battle, but i think thats more also a problem of game design due to the game promoting more for battlign with AoE skills, than with direct single target skills and also AoE effects based on critical hits, that plop up every like 5 seconds, what naturally sums quickly up so more players are bashing on one and the same enemy.

GW1 hadn’t these problems, simpyl due to the point that the game was everywhere instanced and thus it wasn’t posisble to bash as a huge crowd with tons of aoe effects on the same foe to the point, that you absolutely see nothign anymore.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Sundar.1735

Sundar.1735

Elementalist hands down. So much variety in spells between the four elements and in addition to that they can conjure a number of weapons, each of which have 4 or 5 flashy skills of their own.