Class with the best ELITES?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Radion.4578

Radion.4578

Honestly, just out of curiosity, since I’m quite new to this game. I know there has to be a few classes with pretty great elites compared to others.

Just wondering since I just hit level 30 with my Guard.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Mesmer elites are arguably the strongest but they require coordination

Norn culture have the best escape elite in the game.

Posted by: Altariel.4610

Altariel.4610

I like sylvari racial elite sumon the tree, she so strong and hit in area

Attachments:

Posted by: Radion.4578

Radion.4578

Okay, that thing is HUGE! Wow lol,but aren’t racial skills designed to be inferior than professional skills in every single way?

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Guard or Mesmer, for sure

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Posted by: MrSmiley.1543

MrSmiley.1543

Ranger RaO and entangling roots are both crazy good skills

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

Kinda depends on the situation. In a group sure the mesmer has a good Time Warp elite (tho after the quickness nerf I dont find it all that impressive), but solo roaming around in PvE you have nothing.
Luckly my mesmer is Sylvari and they have the fern hound elite, which in my opinion is the best racal elite iv ever used. Short cooldown, long duration and one of the few summons that has enough health to actually survive.

So far I only have 3 level 80s, Engi, Necro and Mesmer. and I’m not all that impressed with any of their class elites. I guess the necro’s flesh golem is the best Iv used so far solely because its the only one that I can tell makes a notable difference to combat.
Engi’s Supply Drop and Mes’s time warp (the 2 most used class elites) dont really DO anything. sure its a small spike in damage and supply drop does some healing, but if your just barely losing the fight, neither would do enough to change that.

Posted by: Ouragon.3421

Ouragon.3421

Guardians have varied elites, but I pretty much only run renewed focus as an oh kitten button, since the others 2 have horrendous cooldowns.

Warrior has surprisingly good elites, with battle standard notably being excellent. Rampage is a good way to get yourself killed unfortunately.

Ranger has pretty good elites, I’m a big fan of entangle.

Engineer elites are uniformly awful. Yes, I totally want to use a truncated version of another classes elite. Or make a stationary turret that does less DPS and has less range than my grenade kit. Supply drop is the only useable one, and even then unless you’re heavily turret specced it’s mediocre.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Guardians have varied elites, but I pretty much only run renewed focus as an oh kitten button, since the others 2 have horrendous cooldowns.

Warrior has surprisingly good elites, with battle standard notably being excellent. Rampage is a good way to get yourself killed unfortunately.

Ranger has pretty good elites, I’m a big fan of entangle.

Engineer elites are uniformly awful. Yes, I totally want to use a truncated version of another classes elite. Or make a stationary turret that does less DPS and has less range than my grenade kit. Supply drop is the only useable one, and even then unless you’re heavily turret specced it’s mediocre.

Hmm, I think engineer elites are pretty strong. Supply crate does very well and the juggernaut elite is pretty OP, especially in pvp. There is a bit of RnG element to it but I prefer to get the juggernaut over the tornado. In fact, I love to pvp with my engineer just because how well they can hold up against people and can survive 4 players for a formidable amount of time just with their elite.

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I think thief elites are pretty good. Thieves guild is great in pvp and dagger storm is awesome for taking out large mobs.

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Dagger storm would be my favorite. Mesmers have two good ones. I like Guardian’s RF and Warrior’s signet, though both are boring. Supply crate is fun for Engs, RaO is awesome for Rangers. My necro always has Flesh Golem out, and Ele’s Fiery Greatsword is pretty cool.

I’d have to say it depends on what you’re doing (Dungeons, normal Pve, WvW, spvp). Although I’d give it to thieves, since all 3 are viable, with a close second to Mesmers.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

My favourite elite is the Sylvari Take Root: 3 sec invulnerability and it sprouts a bunch of turrets- I love it!

I am also a fan of Supply Drop for Engi- I am specced for pistols and kits but it has saved my life too many times.

I actually prefer the Hounds (human elite) over Time Warp for my Mesmer

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Time warp was nerfed, Moa will be nerfed/broken, mass visibility is cool.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Engineer! wooooo!

You laugh, but I can either turn into a tornado, drop a box containing 3 turrets and some health packs (which, if I already have 4 turrets dropped gives me 7 turrets on the field!), or drop a mortar which is absolutely awesome in WvW wall sieging =D

<3 my Elites.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Notice how not a single person has considered or even mentioned the elementalist…

In my opinion the Thief doesn’t necessarily have the best, but it does have the elites applicable in the most situations, and three of them to boot. Warrior, ranger, Mesmer and Guardian each have two usable elites. Engineer and Necro have one. The elementalist doesn’t have a single elite that isn’t either highly situational or outright useless.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Thief basilisk venom
low cd
stun
works on any attack
ignores defiant…

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Notice how not a single person has considered or even mentioned the elementalist…

In my opinion the Thief doesn’t necessarily have the best, but it does have the elites applicable in the most situations, and three of them to boot. Warrior, ranger, Mesmer and Guardian each have two usable elites. Engineer and Necro have one. The elementalist doesn’t have a single elite that isn’t either highly situational or outright useless.

The ele elite is kind of balance. You get a pretty decent summon for a relatively low CD. The tornado is a bit of a meh, but then and again I use it as an engineer too and it’s really not bad sometimes, especially when you’re vsing like 3-5 people and you want to buy yourselves a extra 10 seconds.

I do admit however, that that elite could be changed/buffed slightly though.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Necromancer — I forget the Elite’s name but you turn into a noxious cloud for a good long while, doing aoe damage to everything in your circle of doom, and I like to spam the 2 skill in that so the stuff near me is mostly blinded and can’t hit me or my friends.

Guardian — I have the heal elite despite its 3 minute cd. In a game without healers it is deeply satisfying to announce on Mumble “big heal near me” as I channel the 5 skill and boom, everyone gets back to full health. Then there’s a lot of smaller heals I can fling while the elite remains active.

Posted by: sevtrisen.5247

sevtrisen.5247

I love the Ranger’s Spirit elite
Insta-ressing Keep Lords and such x)
Saved quite a number of towers and keeps from being capped in doing so

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

ranger or necro

plague cloud can shut down a huge area, or a hard hitting boss or anything else, with blind(and constant chill for me with traits) for 20 seconds. the lich form is a good spike in PvE too, on a condition build with no spike.

ranger, entangle is like an i-win button(not talking pvp), especially if you then set traps on them. RaO puts out crazy damage for me and my jaguar when you do Barrage and Rapid fire. 25 stacks of might, then do all your damage boosts like sig wild and jaguar stealth, hello!

Posted by: Altariel.4610

Altariel.4610

Okay, that thing is HUGE! Wow lol,but aren’t racial skills designed to be inferior than professional skills in every single way?

Well i think some racial skills is very weak, but i like the tree, good cd, duration and hp.
The weak point is she hit area, if you use wrong, she will agroo alot of neutral mobs

I m with my mesmer and my friend guardian both sylvari we make summon combo, i spam many clones and tree and he spam many weapon and tree, we have our personal army!!! very fun and very effective in pve.

Sumon Druid Spirit

Cd: 240s
Duration: 60s

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

and I like to spam the 2 skill in that so the stuff near me is mostly blinded and can’t hit me or my friends.

It could just be a misunderstanding on my part. But I just imagine you pressing 2 over and over while in the plague form not realized that 1-3 set the type of plague you are, rather than active skills.

Unless of course there is some kind of exploit that I dont know about that causes the plague to tick each time you press the skill causing for very rapid ticks.

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Time warp was nerfed, Moa will be nerfed/broken, mass visibility is cool.

Time Warp is still the best DPS steroid in the game though. Group Quickness has no equal there, even if it’s not what it used to be.

Moa is useful for solo fighting, though I still use Time Warp for solo fights in PvE so I can melt targets down faster.

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Engineer! wooooo!

You laugh, but I can either turn into a tornado, drop a box containing 3 turrets and some health packs (which, if I already have 4 turrets dropped gives me 7 turrets on the field!), or drop a mortar which is absolutely awesome in WvW wall sieging =D

<3 my Elites.

I reported you for trolling.
SupplyDrop is decent but horrible compared to other abillities, would trade for RaO any day. It is also the only elit that doesnt trigger runes of Lys

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

One thing is certian for me and its NOT the Elementalist Skills that are the best.

The stupid AI make our low-health summons useless in a WvW battle. They usually take 10 seconds just to do something. Our hounds only last 30 seconds and are unsummoned just before they could do their strongest attack a second time.

Tornado doesnt do any damage and prevent you from healing or anything else.

Fiery great sword doesnt target well (the blade attack 4 times only the first selected target – if it moves away you have 3 misses before you can target someone else) it also removes the possibility of using water to heal and it doesnt compensate for the lowest armor elementalist have…

And wow, the other elites are not even worth mentioning.

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Thief is the class with the best elite

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Before I would say the Mesmer’s elite skills, but they are balanced now. So I would say the Ranger has the most powerful elite skills. Entangle is amazing crowd control and good damage, Rampage As On is a great source of stability and swiftness, and you can rally yourself (and allies) by using Spirit of Nature. Each one of them has their uses for different situations, and they all make a noteworthy difference.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

It depends on the game mode. In team PvE, roaming WvW and sPvP mesmer has phenomenal elites.

Yet ironically those same elites are almost useless to the mesmers themselves in most situations. There’s a good reason in solo play many mesmers opt to use their racial elite

• Time warp < Extreme cooldown compared to other class haste skills
  • Mass Invisibility < Extreme cooldown compared to other class stealths
  • Moa Morph = Useless outside of ultra-small party PvP
The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I have all classes at 80 and I think the Necro elites are the best, even if the class as a whole is a little worse off than the others.

Lich Form – As a power Necro it’s ROFL mode cutting thieves in half for 5000 per nuke.

Plague Form – Chain blind is a enemy group’s worst nightmare.

Flesh Golem – Just to laugh at him knocking people over like bowling pins.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)