Claw of Jormag Farmers

Claw of Jormag Farmers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kvitebjorn.7681

Kvitebjorn.7681

Im not how old the Quest Breaking the claw of Jormag is, but i havent seen it until recently, sadly tho already theres ppl flocking to the quest NOT to do the actual quest,but to Farm.
Its really sad that ppl disregard the actual quest so much, do u really just wanna farm and hack at nodes all day?
Today i tried to do the Jormag quest,but it was me and another lonely soul left at the hill trying to break that barrier, while 15 other farmers was wting for next wave of mobs to appear so they could farm em for Claws and ice shards..Its really boring.If all u wanna do is farm, theres plenty of other games where all ppl do is gurd nodes and farm mobs, PLZ dont make this game into the same also.

Hug your local GM :)

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: exphryl.3857

exphryl.3857

It’s the easiest way to get that type of Lodestone sadly…

Which means more Gold for the player and better upgrades eventually. Jormag offers terrible rewards for how risky the dragon is compared to other events.

There isn’t enough open areas for players to farm those or Tier 6 mats in general which is an issue.

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Kvitebjorn.7681

Mabe Tier 6 mats should be available in special areas like dungeons and other difficult areas, that could make it easier to keep a eye on Bots farming those mats plus the Events would be done more correct, it just sucks cos that event is really cool and nicely made and its a shame its beeing used that way.

I also agree on the poor reward on that event, on a regular i die a couple times, so the repair and teleport costs are higher than what i get from the quest itself..

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Which means more Gold for the player and better upgrades eventually. Jormag offers terrible rewards for how risky the dragon is compared to other events.

There isn’t enough open areas for players to farm those or Tier 6 mats in general which is an issue.

How is the dragon risky? I never saw someone die at Jormag on our server except if they tried that achievement or were not revived on purpose.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

The game was set up to encourage that kind of farming, once you’ve capped at 80. I won’t fault people for doing it. ArenaNet has been nerfing every other means of loot acquisition, so I’m sure it won’t be long before those mobs start displaying “This content has been disabled” messages.

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

People are only hurting themselves. There are other areas in Frostgorge to farm the stones. Namely the NW corner. That event just has the highest number and density of the type of mob needed.

What Anet will see: mobs are available elsewhere, people farming the event without the intention of completing it, getting a dragon chest as a byproduct of taking advantage of the event spawns rather than actively trying to complete it.

And what they will do: remove loot from the elementals.

What we end up with: Instead of getting the loot from those mobs during the event every three hours as sort of a bonus and addition to what we could be getting elsewhere, we get nothing. And hooray for the people that farmed the kitten out of it and ruined it for themselves and for everyone else for the life of the game.

Also, as far as I know, the Dragon chest there is the only way to get the recipes for the Shamans weapons, which are required to craft corrupted weapons. IMO that’s worth completing the event for.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

I don’t know, I got 2 rare weapons and a rare sigil yesterday, from this event. It’s random loot, like everything else. I guess if you have bad luck on a drop, then yes, random numbers can of course give you terrible loot sometimes.

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: Razorface.2714

Razorface.2714

LOL @ dying at claw of jormag quest! There is no reason you should die there at all, that is, unless you have absolutely no idea what you are doing. After doing this event once or twice it should be perfectly claer to you exactly how it is done.

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Kvitebjorn.7681

@ Razorface well just imagine a world where everyone isnt as l33t as you, casual gamers etc, plus When i have died, its because i tried to get that barrier down and the ppl who could revive me were to busy looking for claws down the hill..

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: Vim.7318

Vim.7318

The rocket launcher thing has a range of 2,000. You shouldn’t be dying that far from it.

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

How is the dragon risky? I never saw someone die at Jormag on our server except if they tried that achievement or were not revived on purpose.

The only time I die during this fight is from server lag. Toward the end of the fight my server gets so lagged that I can’t even use my heal ability.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

(edited by krojack.4920)

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Malediktus.9250

Yes the server lag is terrible during these large events. Anet should get better servers.

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: Vim.7318

Vim.7318

Server is as good as you are probably going to get without a subscription fee.

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

@ Razorface well just imagine a world where everyone isnt as l33t as you, casual gamers etc, plus When i have died, its because i tried to get that barrier down and the ppl who could revive me were to busy looking for claws down the hill..

Normally I’d be against the whole ‘2leet4u’ and L2P type of responses, but in this case, you really are dying because you’re approaching it wrong. I know that there are some render issues with the fight, so you might not be able to actually see this some of the time, but the people that attack the wall? The bulk of them stand on the right-side of the hill where they can avoid most damage and attack it from a range. I actually do run out and try to revive people that stand-front in center and/or melee the wall at times (In spite of getting about 4 FPS in this event), and the result is usually a facefull of icecicles and a 1ØØ foot trip in reverse. If you stand near the area everyone else is, you get revived almost instantly.

And as far as farming goes, I personally only started doing it because the event in general has gotten stale. I still say dragons should have been a bigger to-do, and should be weekly events with massive multi-zone chains building up to them and town-criers summoning people to the zones they appear in, but alas, that did not happen. So as it stands they’re regularly-scheduled loot-farms that really offer no impact, other than to drive everyone in one of the zones in which they spawn insane with constant questioning of, “WHEN DAGRON!?”

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: garraeth.3267

garraeth.3267

I do this because it’s fun. Don’t care about the “lootz”. Don’t care about the people who “farm” it.
And no, I don’t just grab a bazooka and hit “1” the whole time.

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Malediktus.9250

@Vim.7318: Then I would rather pay 15€ per month.

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: Deca.2741

Deca.2741

Fighting the mobs is more exciting and dangerous than the Claw (and more rewarding), honestly. Excitement/danger/reward is a pretty good recipe for FUN. Especially as a melee based class that can’t stand on the side during phase 2 it is much more enjoyable to kill pillars and dance with the god status champion puppy and icebrood. Considering the fact that all damage aside from the adds is proximity based there is really no excuse for dying outright.

Unless you’re a guardian there is really no reason to be smashing your head against the ice wall til it breaks. Every other class has damage at range that should out class the bazooka.

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Eh, my approach to Jormagg changed slightly here and its no longer dangerous to me. It also has the added benefit of helping allies around me.

Spawn a few ranged Phantasms for Regeneration, and repeatedly use Mantra of Pain + Mantra of Healing with Restorative Mantras. Keeps me alive, deal a little damage, and keeps allies around me alive with regeneration and healing when dealing with that Ice Wall. Otherwise, I prioritize with the creatures spawning around or Blink in and go crazy on Jorggy when his Ice Wall or DoT effect is down.

The only problem I have though, is that the Phantasms no longer seem to like attacking the Ice Wall at times. Anyone else get that?

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Claw of Jormag Farmers

Posted by: Lister.5678

Lister.5678

Glad someone else brought this up and judging by the sad justification people are giving for doing it just like on my post, I hope ArenaNet are sensible and mature people and fix this when possible. I’m convinced these posts backing up this ridiculous ‘farming’ stuff are by young kids, at least I hope they are.