Cleanup of Orr. (Not what you think...)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Hi guys!

So with NPE most of the starting positions of the story missions that take place in Orr start of at the Pact Airship at Fort Trinity.

While I personally do not think this would happen BUT…

Doesn’t it seem like this could be the first stage for cleaning up Orr to fit with current events in the rest of the world?

Wouldn’t that be cool if we can get the land of Orr to slowly recover?

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They always started there. At least I remember going there way too often.

Novuake.2691

They always started there. At least I remember going there way too often.

Nope, you needed to go to each location through Orr itself. At least that is if I might not be going insane. Which I think I am not… But that is what an insane person would say… OHHHHH darn…

Posted by: knives.6132

knives.6132

Hi guys!

Yes.

I personally think it would be sad for Orr not to change a bit if ever LA will be rebuilt.

But the thing to consider is, what about others who haven’t finished their personal story? Should they see a recovering Orr even though Zhaitan is well alive on their arc?

Novuake.2691

Hi guys!

Yes.

I personally think it would be sad for Orr not to change a bit if ever LA will be rebuilt.

But the thing to consider is, what about others who haven’t finished their personal story? Should they see a recovering Orr even though Zhaitan is well alive on their arc?

You didn’t read the whole post?

As mentioned, most PS instances start from Fort Trinity airship since NPE. So most of the time you aren’t running through Orr anymore, its instanced instead.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The entry points will be restored to their original locations as a part of reverting the changes to the last parts of the personal storyline

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Novuake.2691

The entry points will be restored to their original locations as a part of reverting the changes to the last parts of the personal storyline

Yeah i JUST got pointed to that. Pfft…

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

What the heck is NPE?

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Novuake.2691

New PLayer Experience Introduced in the September 2014 Feature pack. Give it a google.

Also your specs are super close to mine and GET AN SSD! :P

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

What the heck is NPE?

New Player Experience. It’s a long story, but suffice it to say that a lot of the changes in the September feature pack were… unwelcomed.

Big problem with trying to instance all the Orr missions is that when you enter an instance, it makes a copy of the current map and adds in the monsters (and maybe some barriers that’ll change). If you start cleaning up Orr, at least from a landscape perspective, it’d still be cleaned in the instance. Honestly, this is one of those situations where Orr will never be cleansed properly, just like the Charr-Human treaty will never be formalized as events are tied to it, and it’s part of the Vigil’s storyline. I still say that if you want some demonstrable cleansing of Orr, it’d have to be either an instanced part of the map (only accessable if the PS is complete) or add a new map past the current Orrian ones.

Iyeru.5240

New PLayer Experience Introduced in the September 2014 Feature pack. Give it a google.

Also your specs are super close to mine and GET AN SSD! :P

I can’t, I need to get a new computer. My case is too dusty, and the Intel fan is a stock fan, which means it heats up like crazy, and the GPU is dying, Sound Card (Motherboard Integrated) is also dying and the DVD Drive is over 5 years old, the Harddrive is having Sector Errors.

As for the NPE, I know what you mean now. So basically these things:

— Disallowing players to turn into a golem in the asuran starting area for that one Heart, instead forcing the golem to be an NPC that follows you around.

— Removal of the RC Golem Mini game.

— Removal of water buckets from that farm in Queensdale, which DISSALLOWS YOU TO REPAIR / HEAL THE HAY BALES IN THAT ONE DYNAMIC EVENT AS A RESULT.

I could go on.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

(edited by Iyeru.5240)

Posted by: BrotherNumsie.8123

BrotherNumsie.8123

They could, after the Orr cleansing mission, make the environment look like it’s healing for your character (add a live plant here and there, sunny skies, ect.) only you can see this, anyone else who hasn’t done the mission it would look the same as always.
After the completion of the PS they could then have all the mobs in Orr (maybe even all the risen mobs everywhere else too) have yellow tags, they only attack you if you attack them or are grouped with someone who attacks them. This would add to the feeling of Zhaitan’s waning influence.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

No thanks. I don’t want even more content permanently gone from this game. Forget about (non-existent) continuity and leave it as is.

20 level 80s and counting.

Iyeru.5240

No thanks. I don’t want even more content permanently gone from this game. Forget about (non-existent) continuity and leave it as is.

Indeed. I didn’t even get to play any of LS1.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The world must change. If Anet can create a separate instance for the old Orr, great. If they can’t, then let the content be lost. We will win more than we lose anyway.

I think the very notion of “permanent content” is flawed: We don’t need “permanent” content. We need “engaging”, “fun” and “challenging” content. Orr isn’t any of these three anymore.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The world must change. If Anet can create a separate instance for the old Orr, great. If they can’t, then let the content be lost. We will win more than we lose anyway.

Existing content doesn’t have to be removed for the world to change. I would rather they add new content in new zones and leave the existing world as is for those who like that. It’s been what, about two years since Zhaitan was killed, how much do people think Orr will have really changed in two years?