Clicking

Clicking

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Click CLICK CLIIICK!!! BREEEEEEEEAK!!!!
—————————————————
As we all know we have like HUNDREDS of things as bags, packs, chests to open every single day. For example, a stack of bags..
250 bags ~~~~~~~~~~ 500 clicks to just open one stack of it.
250 essence of lick ~~~~ 500 clicks

SIMPLE SOLUTION ~ opening with scrolling
———————————————————————
- hover your mouse over the item
- select item that you want to open
- scroll

Each tick of scroll would count as one double-click, which would save us a lot of time and clicking. It’s simple elegant solution, and I give it for free, I just want to stop this clicking madness

TL;DR Open your bags, chests, sacks with scrolling.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Clicking

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

While a really good point, that is a really obnoxious post 0_o

Clicking

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Tbh….you choose to stack so many bags,is not like you can’t open when you get them.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Clicking

Firelysm.4967

Tbh….you choose to stack so many bags,is not like you can’t open when you get them.

That’s still 250 bags, when you farm them and 500 clicks later.
If you farm world bosses, Silverwestern, Orr, WvW lootbags, or you simply buy bags from TP. You would know how is it to daily click 500+ times to open something.

EDIT: And i hope you did log for wintersday, then you know how many things you had to click!

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Clicking

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

If you want you can remap one of your keys on your keyboard to serve as a left click. It can be a lot more relieving to press a key repeatedly instead of clicking with a mouse, so it’s a nice alternative to consider.

http://www.autohotkey.com/

With this, you can write a script to remap one of the keys on your keyboard to perform the action of a left click and it will still follow the rules as long as it’s 1:1 (one button for one action).

You can do this by installing this and opening a notepad document.

In this notepad document, enter the following:

F5::
Click, Left
Return

When you’ve done that go to File > Save As…

You’ll see the usual stuff:

File name: .txt
Save as type: Text Documents (
.txt)

What you need to do is change the type of file from text documents to “All Files.” This way, you will be able to save the document as whatever type you want. In this case, you want it to be a file with the extention “.ahk”, so for this just save the file name “MyScript.ahk”

If you’ve done this successfully you should be able to right-click the script from whatever directory you’ve saved it to and you’ll see the top option will be “Run Script.” Select that. Now as long as this script is active, your F5 key will be equivalent to left clicking with your mouse.

Note1: you don’t have to make it the F5 key, I just chose that by default.
Note2: if your gw2.exe process is running with administrative privileges, you will need to run the ahk script as an administrator as well otherwise it won’t work while gw2 is the active window.

Hope this stuff helps you and anybody else reading this.

Clicking

Firelysm.4967

http://www.autohotkey.com/

You can write a script to remap one of the keys on your keyboard to perform the action of a left click and it will still follow the rules as long as it’s 1:1 (one button for one action).

You can do this by installing this and opening a notepad document.

In this notepad document, enter the following:

F5::
Click, Left
Return

When you’ve done that go to File > Save As…

You’ll see the usual stuff:

File name: .txt
Save as type: Text Documents (
.txt)

What you need to do is change the type of file from text documents to “All Files.” This way, you will be able to save the document as whatever type you want. In this case, you want it to be a file with the extention “.ahk”, so for this just save the file name “MyScript.ahk”

If you’ve done this successfully you should be able to right-click the script from whatever directory you’ve saved it to and you’ll see the top option will be “Run Script.” Select that. Now as long as this script is active, your F5 key will be equivalent to left clicking with your mouse.

Note1: you don’t have to make it the F5 key, I just chose that by default.
Note2: if your gw2.exe process is running with administrative privileges, you will need to run the ahk script as an administrator as well otherwise it won’t work while gw2 is the active window.

Hope this stuff helps you and anybody else reading this.

Yeah but this is equal to clicking while you still have to press or hold it, plus this is illegal solution My meaning of this post is to give idea to Arena net, and improve gaming experience.

Clicking

Purple Miku.7032

Nah, read what I typed.

It’s not illegal unless you make something that performs more than 1 action for each input.

To say that what I suggested is illegal would be equivalent to declaring keybinds for skills illegal and that we have to click all of our skills. That’s obviously not the case.

You can remap your keys to do whatever you want – it’s your computer and your choice whether or not you want to.

Either way I was merely offering you a suggestion to try to make it at least a little bit relieving, because I too know how repeatedly using a mouse to click can get tiring. Pressing a key is much easier on the fingers I find :P

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Clicking

Posted by: Breckmoney.6387

Breckmoney.6387

If you’re on Windows can’t you just enable Mousekeys to essentially do the same thing in much less time?

Anno [GAF] – SBI

Clicking

Purple Miku.7032

I’ve had a lot of trouble with mousekeys in the past not behaving the exact way that I wanted them to but you’re correct yes.

In reality what I suggested literally takes like half a minute at most to do, but I typed the exact instructions as basic as possible to make sure that anybody browsing this thread that might not be very literate with stuff like this is able to try it out.

Mousekeys are also not very intuitive to learn to set up. >_>