Clones should stop when original is downed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mattidore.3482

Mattidore.3482

So many times I’ve downed a thief/mesmer with little health remaining on myself, only to get taken down before I could finish them off because of the clones attacking me, even though the original is technically “dead”.

Then when I get downed, they have their clones + their 1 which does more damage than just me spamming my 1.

How is this fair? I took them down to 0 health first, fair and square. This gives summoning professions so much more advantage over “normal” profession.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You mean that the downed state of a Mesmer does more damage than 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2?!?!?!?!
I have to ask my character to get on her back more often.

Mattidore.3482

You mean that the downed state of a Mesmer does more damage than 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2?!?!?!?!
I have to ask my character to get on her back more often.

I’m talking about their clones, I’ve killed a mesmer with maybe 1 or 2k hp remaining only to be downed by their clones then get killed, when in actually I “killed” them first.

The whole mechanic of downing is stupid, once you reach 0 hp, you should die.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

If you let a Mesmer keep up phantasms its your own fault. They make up for a Mesmers lacklustre damage.

Why don’t we remove a Necros condition when they get downed while we’re at it? Let’s destroy all the Engineers turrets & eliminate the Ranger’s pet too.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Mattidore.3482

If you let a Mesmer keep up phantasms its your own fault. They make up for a Mesmers lacklustre damage.

Why don’t we remove a Necros condition when they get downed while we’re at it? Let’s destroy all the Engineers turrets & eliminate the Ranger’s pet too.

I see you forgot to mention warrior and guardian? Whatabout their lackluster damage?

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Wow. You must really hate 3-bar necros with the downed damaged trait….

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

If I was OP, I woulda gotten the kitten away from the clone and wailed at my target with some ranged weaponry.

I see you forgot to mention warrior and guardian? What about their lackluster damage?

No class will ever beat Thief for Poopstain of the Month. My class doesn’t have anything else besides that T~T.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)