Close Victory

Close Victory

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BigMoser.8790

BigMoser.8790

Just a short story:

I was in Queensdale at the water plant (with the poi and vista close together) getting said point and vista when I saw in the distance burning fires on a farm. It was that level 2 farm that the green arrow points you to when you start in Queensdale as a human. I ran as fast as I could to get there and once I arrived there was ONE hay barrel left that was on fire. I quickly grabbed a bucket of water and ran to it, poured water on it when it was in it’s last pinch of health to revive it. Then the farm was shortly rallied by 5 other players and we defended against the final waves of bandits guarding that lone hay barrel.
If I had passed off this event, it would have failed.

I know this was an easy event in an easy area, but have you guys had any close calls in the game such as this?

(The reason I post something like this is pointing out the fun times I have in this game. There are parts of the game I don’t participate in much, but coming in to save the day from a close call is fun to come across.)

Close Victory

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

Killed Tequatl with 0:00 left; only kill I’ve gotten after the Megaserver patch :P.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Close Victory

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Mai Trin temporary dungeon, first time. Last man standing in the golem/laser room (yes, yes, I know, stack at the corner, but remember, it was new then). I equipped bomb kit and ran Benny Hill style, dropped bombs behind me for like 10 minutes – or it least felt like it – till the golems dropped – close to heart attack most of the time.

Close Victory

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Finishing a Marionette platform stage with only seconds to spare, including the fifth stage once. It was a pretty awesome feeling to be a big kitten hero for a little while.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Close Victory

Posted by: iceknite.6507

iceknite.6507

I was doing a fractal run with a PUG a while back and we were on the Thaumanova Reactor one. When we were fighting the anomaly, everyone wiped at around 30% hp and I was the only one standing. It was an epic 5 minutes of running around in circles trying not to fall off the holographic platforms. Platforms were breaking everywhere. About 4 minutes into my solo, my only way to survive was to make a long jump across one of the broken panels. I barely made it and I kept kiting him to death. After we finally killed him, I had to breathe for a moment to recover from the rush.

Close Victory

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Killing a Megadestroyer, that I did all the work on every pre event (there are atleats 9 in Mt. Maelstrom), with only 13 second left with a sub par group of only 10-20 people.

I felt really good about that seeing no one ever does any thing anymore and just comes to the last event to get their loots.

This was a week or two before the 15th patch btw.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.