CnD? It's fine.

CnD? It's fine.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Andrew.6487

Andrew.6487

You guys complain with CnD should learn to play your own class. There are so many

skills can avoid CnD, such as dazz, knock down, block, other CC…etc.

You may say that a theif can kill ppl in zerg , it’s unfair. But it’s impossible for a theif

to kill someone in a guild team, why? because there are CC and AOE everywhere.

I’m a theif, I killed a lot of ppl in WVW, most of them are noobs. What are they doing

while I’m spaming CnD? walk back, walk back, and walk back, than log in here and

complain!

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: McDili.1549

McDili.1549

But they aren’t going to nerf CnD, they are going to nerf stealth so it puts the reveal debuff on every time you exit stealth whether you attacked or not.

If I remember correctly, had you already been stealthed and you used CnD, you came out of stealth anyway.

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

CC and AOE mean squat when the perma-invisible thief simply walks around/avoids the danger zones, and continually CnD’s people in the zerg to remain permanently invisible.

The current problem with culling and the lack of a stealth debuff (even when doing nothing) makes stealth a broken mechanic.

The bads who have come to rely on that crutch for so long will have be forced to try something else that requires a little more strategy than simply mashing the same button over and over.

Also, it’s very likely that the people you kill with the backstab+CnD spam, who simply “walk back, and walk back”, are doing so because you are permanently invisible to them—they can’t see you—due to the culling. The patch will render that technique of yours useless, and they’ll actually be able to fight back.

Hope you have a backup plan.

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Bads will always complain about stealth.

I’m sorry but if you have a full blown zerg and you are unable to kill one thief you’ve got problems. Anyone who takes the time to learn thief and it’s ways and weaknesses can easily counter it. Stop acting like a baby because you are unable to kill a lone thief with your zerg’s autoattack.

People make it seem like “omg this thief is killing our whole zerg one by one and capping our objectives, OP OP OP” That is not the case at all. Thieves aren’t even a top tier class in sPVP.

The typical thief has very low defense and health pool. It only takes a slight amount of coordination and even less if you have a zerg to completely shut down a thief.

(edited by Phoenixfudge.5290)

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: Andrew.6487

Andrew.6487

It puts the reveal debuff on every time you exit stealth whether you attacked or not?

It’s fine, I rarely just spam CnD, I’m always spam stealth and wlak through the zerg,

than kill smoething.(or be killed sometimes.)

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

The problem with the broken stealth mechanics go beyond mindless zerg tactics.

But the bad players who have relied on the perma stealth crutch + broken culling will now be forced to do something different.

I literally shelved my thief and stopped playing the class because of how easy it was to survive any outnumbered encounter, while simultaneously using those same broken mechanics to win vs any opponent.

From the mindless CnD+backstab spam, to the blackpowder+heartseeker spam, these are obviously broken due to the current mechanics of stealth, and a change is long overdue. Anyone who says otherwise either has never played a thief or they don’t want to give up their cheese tactics.

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Thieves stop trying to make it seem that it’s all a l2p problem. You make our class look bad.
CnD perma restealthing is exploiting the lack of a feature that prevents it, next patch will be fixed, it’s useless to make these desperate attempts to get it passed as a l2p problem.
Learn to play the thief as it is meant to, instead of abusing holes in the mechanics to make up for your lack of skill.

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Thief is a pubstomper. It crushes newbies and uneducated people extra easy and instead of it being a learning process for other players they just dumb down everything.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Thief is a pubstomper. It crushes newbies and uneducated people extra easy and instead of it being a learning process for other players they just dumb down everything.

Well then you should be ok if they make it so you cant stealth all the time because there is a reverse view on the things where thief stealth is a pubstomper trick that any newbie could do.

Is stealth a skill or a crutch?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

CnD hits extremely hard, puts vulnerability on a target and stealths you. Why do thieves have an initiative system when they are forced to make a choice between damage and utility attacks (stealth)?

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Well then you should be ok if they make it so you cant stealth all the time because there is a reverse view on the things where thief stealth is a pubstomper trick that any newbie could do.

I’ve seen a very large handful of awful thieves that were easy to predict and counter.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I’ve seen a very large handful of awful thieves that were easy to predict and counter.

Then it will show even more which are better and which are worst. If a thf who is bad is losing a fight they can simply stealth up and jump there way out of combat and wait.
Its truly not fun at all playing vs a thf whom is good or bad when all they do is just stealth. If any thing these stealth nerfs should be a good thing because it will open up thf to higher dmg buffs and mobility buffs that are keeped away from the class due to the stealth ability it self.

See to me thf should be a trick fighter buying its time to land well places and high dmg hits. Stealth should be more of a flinch or a very short vanish to throw off the person your fighting.
A thf should not be the sum of its ability to stealth there NEEDS to be more about the class then one gimmick. I think this is true for all classes in all games.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Ranger gs > stealth thief

Bad thieves are just easy mode for rangers, especially now that stealth doesn’t lose aggro. My wolves eat thieves for breakfast.

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

I love the new change that’s coming. I like playing a Theif that only uses stealth occasionally like how other professions have access to their defense skills.

However, the not losing agro thing is not very fun when playing as a mesmer with much shorter stealths.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

CnD? It's fine.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Even Team Paradigm finds 15k dmg in 0.5s to be an uncounterable gimmick that needs to be changed, it’s a bit late for these attempts to blame it on l2p.