Coin-fed salvage-o-matic refund

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

I just happened to stumble across an interesting reddit thread regarding refunds for multiple salvage-o-matics after the introduction of shared inventory slots.
My assumption was that it is simply bad luck if you bought multiple tools, but from the thread linked below it seems that GM are arbitrarily refunding such tools.

Can we get an official statement on the policy here, as the same issue seems to be treated differently without any reasoning behind it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4fykxb/now_i_have_a_shared_slot_and_5_coin_fed_salvage/

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I still have 2 wasted salvage-o-matics (of 3) that I got like a month and a half after HoT hit but before shared inventory became a thing. Support said it was too late to get a gem refund, I think the limit is 30 days. Sucks.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m still quite frustrated that I have so many Salvage-o-Matic’s wasted sitting around in my personal bank because they’re too valuable to just outright destroy. I, personally, think not refunding the gems for them is a mistake on ANet Support’s part as far as customer satisfaction goes.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I don’t care so much about a refund because I did get a lot of use out of all the Salvage-o-Matics and I have had them for quite a while. I would like a way of recycling them though or to be able to trade them for something else such as everlasting harvesting tools. It seems wasteful to not be able to recycle older stuff in some way.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’m still quite frustrated that I have so many Salvage-o-Matic’s wasted sitting around in my personal bank because they’re too valuable to just outright destroy. I, personally, think not refunding the gems for them is a mistake on ANet Support’s part as far as customer satisfaction goes.

Perhaps as an alternative they could add an in-game vendor that’d let you exchange them for 75 black-lion salvage kits…?

Even though 75 of the kits = 900 gems, and a copper-fed = 800 gems, I seriously doubt there’d be many people exploiting the vendor.

~EW

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Perhaps as an alternative they could add an in-game vendor that’d let you exchange them for 75 black-lion salvage kits…?

Even though 75 of the kits = 900 gems, and a copper-fed = 800 gems, I seriously doubt there’d be many people exploiting the vendor.

~EW

Or when harvesting tools are on sale for 800 gems then you could trade in a copper fed for one. That would be a reasonable trade I think.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The functionality of the item itself was not changed with the shared inventory slots so there wouldn’t be a refund unless you were still within that window.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Refunding gems should be the way tbh.. I mean we’re just gonna invest it back into the game.
Refunding for cash.. even if brought from cash isn’t something i’d ever expect.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

The only thing I disagree is the inconsistency of the GMs. I wanna get my refund as well but I can also accept if they won’t refund mine. But I’m so mad now knowing some people can get refund and some can’t.

Posted by: Bolita.2071

Bolita.2071

Made myself laugh one day picturing salvaging my extra Salvage-o-Matics for an armload of watchwork sprockets. Seemed a fitting result.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

This argument comes up all the time when a new feature comes out to make things easier. My opinion is simple. If you bought it within a month of the new functionality then sure, you can get a refund. If you bought it any time before that then you got your money worth from the item and the addition of something shinier or more convenient does not invalidate that, so no refund.

Ok, go ahead and flame me for this opinion, I’m ready for it

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The functionality of the item itself was not changed with the shared inventory slots so there wouldn’t be a refund unless you were still within that window.

Sadly the functionality was changed: the moment you put one of these items in the shared slot, the second and all the other you have become instantly useless.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I only bought one after the shared slots were added, but I strongly agree those who bought multiples before should be allowed to:

1) Return for gems, or
2) Make them tradeable so people can at least sell them to others.
Maybe even make them 1 time tradeable, once it’s used again, it’s account bound again.

The fact that these people bought multiples means they were supporting Anet through the gemshop, arguably Anet’s best supporters as far as income, as such I think Anet should be perfectly happy with keeping those customers happy.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Sadly the functionality was changed: the moment you put one of these items in the shared slot, the second and all the other you have become instantly useless.

No it hasn’t. Notice that I said “of the item itself”. The items still functions exactly how it was before shared slots were introduced.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i originally read the title of this as ‘colin fed savage o matic refund’. an i laughed

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I just happened to stumble across an interesting reddit thread regarding refunds for multiple salvage-o-matics after the introduction of shared inventory slots.
My assumption was that it is simply bad luck if you bought multiple tools, but from the thread linked below it seems that GM are arbitrarily refunding such tools.

Can we get an official statement on the policy here, as the same issue seems to be treated differently without any reasoning behind it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4fykxb/now_i_have_a_shared_slot_and_5_coin_fed_salvage/

The official policy is they usually refund stuff with a (polite) request made within ~30 days of the original purchase. They make exceptions for:

• Just over 30 days (they aren’t going to penalize someone for being just a bit late, but neither do they want to extend the deadline arbitrarily).
  • Extraordinary circumstances (mistakes, confusion, buying something and getting it gifted to you, etc)
  • Supervisor’s discretion, i.e. fits none of the above, but makes sense to veteran personnel to make an exception.

Given how many people probably owned more than two and given the fact that people who got a special refund are more likely to post about than those who didn’t even bother making a request, I’m not surprised that Reddit offers a confusing view of the policy. It’s not at all unusual in customer service for the exceptions to be more memorable than the standard policy, even if there’s 1 exception for every 10,000 cases.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

i originally read the title of this as ‘colin fed savage o matic refund’. an i laughed

At last! After all the crazy conspiracy theories it’s good to know the truth about Colin’s demise. Poor Colin. I wonder what they salvaged from him….

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Maybe they could make it that if its under 30 days old you get a refund, if its older than that, you can take it to a vendor who will give you 50% of the gems back, so you can reroll them into the gem store,

I too am stuck in with the issue of multiple salvage-o-matics, and picks/axes etc, it would be nice to have way to trade in these basically now unneeded items,

No one would have bought more than 1 set if they had known Anet was going to introduce shared bags.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

they’ve given gem refunds for similar things in the past (such as when they made unlimited tools account-bound). If you have multiple CFSoM’s, open a ticket, I’m confident they’ll agree to a refund (they’ll tell you to delete the extra ones, you tell them when you did that, they send you gems). and be nice about it, dont just demand they do it. they don’t have to.

slightly unrelated: having perma bank in shared slot makes single-use bank summoners 100% worthless, would be nice if they added a forge recipe to convert those into a random booster or even a different single-use summons (at least merchant and TP are usable by others near you).