Colin Johanson on Twitch tomorrow

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

“…Livestream on July 16 at noon PDT with Game Director Colin Johanson, who will explain our Living World approach and take a look into the future.
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2…”

Hopefully this will silence some of the more vocal minority

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Darn, I will have to miss the live broadcast, but will surely watch the recorded one, later.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

A) To what statistical data can you claim one side or the other a majority?
B) Why do you want to silence those with whom you disagree?

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

“…Livestream on July 16 at noon PDT with Game Director Colin Johanson, who will explain our Living World approach and take a look into the future.
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2…”

You apparently are familiar with a different vocal minority. If anything this will inflame the forums.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

You asked for statistical data I was positive that there was some on this topic.
So here you go:
A) "Our data consistently shows, time and time again, that people are more likely to speak up when they have a bad experience, less likely when they have a great experience, and hardly ever when they’re somewhere in the middle. "
Source: http://foreseeblog.com/2012/08/28/feedback-vs-measurement/

On Topic: I am excited for this perhaps we might get some better understanding about the Living Story.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

You asked for statistical data I was positive that there was some on this topic.
So here you go:
A) "Our data consistently shows, time and time again, that people are more likely to speak up when they have a bad experience, less likely when they have a great experience, and hardly ever when they’re somewhere in the middle. "

On Topic: I am excited for this perhaps we might get some better understanding about the Living Story.

So the fanboys and the whiners, both, are most likely to have had a bad experience with GW2? Actually, it’s much simpler than that. On the forums you have voices. They are either in the minority or the majority. There is no vocal minority and no silent majority here. They do not represent any group other than the forum community, of which they represent a 100% sample of those currently posting on the forums. Anet has instituted the forums for the purpose of 2-way communication on subjects related to the game. The forums are fulfilling the role for which they are intended.

I, too, am actually quite excited to hear what Colin has to say.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

A) per Mark Katzbach – Community Special Operations

Okay everybody, this argument is getting a bit circular now. What’s important is the following.

The forum population is not a majority, but does provide valuable feedback which we do take into account, along with feedback from other sources.
The silent majority is not all in-favor or against. Their opinions vary as much as any group of people’s opinions tend to.
They are players just like you. They voice their opinions by either playing or not playing.
Others not on the forums show their opinions on their personal blogs, fansites, twitter and facebook.
Everybody’s opinions are important and valuable.

I hope this clears some things up. I’m going to close this thread now. Please continue to provide us with feedback to help us to continue improving Guild Wars 2.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Forum-users-ARE-NOT-the-minority/first

B) just tired of no-factual noise. There is opposing views with facts then there is opposing views without facts… that is the vocal minority I am referring

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Woot – been looking forward to this!

Expect to hear great things

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I hear this every time one of the devs is about to make a statement. And any time it happens, i get more and more reasons to repeat:
Actions, not words.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Pravda.7641

Pravda.7641

I want to get excited, but at this point for me personally, the only reason I’ll get super excited is if they announce work has started on a new expansion.

I know that is extremely unlikely. I’ll still watch and see what comes up.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The vocal minority is always the whiners. Since GW2 is such a great game, there’s no reason to complain except to troll.

*Puts on straw hat

Saying GW2 is a bad game is like saying bacon sucks. Everyone knows bacon is awesome, therefore the previous sentence is untrue.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

O_o
Whaaargarbl!?!
That said,

*Puts on straw hat

I like your style.

Polish > hype

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

I want to get excited, but at this point for me personally, the only reason I’ll get super excited is if they announce work has started on a new expansion.

I know that is extremely unlikely. I’ll still watch and see what comes up.

And you´re right.
Latest interview with Mike Z tells us that Living story is the expansion.
At least he explained that new races and areas aren´t out of the question.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Rooks Zaer.5846

Rooks Zaer.5846

I’m hoping there will be some information on whether or not they are going to go ahead with ascended armor/weapons. So people can plan their stay or exit from this game accordingly.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t think those complaining are a vocal minority. I’m not even sure they’re a minority at all. Which doesn’t mean they have a majority.

I think the people who really think deeply about the games they play, all of us that post here regularly, are DEFINITELY a minority.

Those who just log in and bang around a kill stuff without thinking are probably the majority.

It’s like those who watch movies. Most people I know go to a movie and watch it. They either like it or don’t like it, but don’t think too deeply about why they like or don’t like it. They say this movie sucks or this movie is great, and that’s as far as it goes for them.

Most people aren’t deep thinkers, because they’re trained to jump from one thing to the next thing. You don’t watch an episode of a TV series anymore and then wait a week to see what happens, you watch the whole series at one time, on DvD or streamed from a website.

You don’t have time to think deeply about things. Or you go from game to game to game to game…without fully exploring any of them.

That’s the majority. The rest of us, whichever side of the divide we’re on, are the minority.

Posted by: Raim.6123

Raim.6123

The thing I hate seeing most on here are people addressing dissenting opinions as nothing more than a ‘vocal minority’ without even considering why they would be thinking what they do. Its idiotic, and childish.

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

So here you go:

lol, that graph. Did you notice anything missing? Like numbers? or data sets?

I’m going to make a graph and put some squiggly lines on it and call it research. Sigh.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Majority is casual and casual isn’t vocal about anything. I mean anything.

Minority is hardcore and hardcore discuss character builds, game mechanics, lore, and game balance. Hardcores makes community websites, lead guilds and are your commanders in WvW.

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

I expect colin to say something standard at first, then jump into saying something slightly off-kilter and for the forums to blow up, circa “aoe nerf across the board”.

Isn’t that how most twitch/state of game/dev interviews/Q&A’s end up?

Also to op “silencing” a number of people may be beneficial to those who dislike hearing other people’s opinions, but it does nothing towards criticism and eventual improvement of the game.

(edited by nethykins.7986)

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Ill check it out, but I dont need another re-hashed explanation of the living story. Unless he has something new to say, its just more PR.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Ill check it out, but I dont need another re-hashed explanation of the living story. Unless he has something new to say, its just more PR.

Colin is their PR front man. Every time he talks you always have to take it with a grain of salt.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

1 hour to the livestream event!

Posted by: Galk the Bloody.4629

Galk the Bloody.4629

Dear Colin, for the love of god change your picture on the twitch page, that smile looks like something you’d give a dentist. No offense

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I hope he gives us his signature smile. This is going to be interesting.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Can’t watch stream atm, is somebody going to update real-time or so about topics?

(also recording for YT maybe)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.