Collection trophy and deletion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Epphyx.5078

Epphyx.5078

Hi,
I’m presently stuck with a lot of collection tropy (vigil honing crystal, priory honing crystal, …).
These items are only usefull as part of a collection.
They have no vendor value, cannot be recycled and need their name typed in full (without typo and with correct spacing) to be delete.
Could the Dev please change one of these 3 things :
either give them a value of 1copper so I can sell them, make them recyclable or remove the anti deletion by mistake mechanism.
Pretty please.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

This has been asked for several times.
Until/if they do something I found that the easiest way was to create a character (I have an extra spot) throw everything into that characters bag and then delete that character.
If you have no extra spots this can’t be done and you need to manually type each item.

Posted by: Epphyx.5078

Epphyx.5078

Thanks for the tip.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Easy way of getting the spelling right for deletion:
Shift-click the item, putting the name into the chat field.
Mark and Ctrl-X the name
Delete item
Ctrl-V to paste the name into the confirmation window. You will probably have to remove the brackets before and after.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I personally would find it nice, if all items, which the moment you aquire them and you don’t need them from that moment on anymore, because they are needed only for an achievement, should automatically delete themself instead of staying in your inventory and instead of waiting for the player to sell them for like barely 3 silver, the player should gain instead the 3 silver directly in the pocket.

That way we wouldn#t have this stupid inventory hassle with these otherwise useless items that quickly can clutter your inventory full.

Anet seriously has to design their items better, tp prevent item clutter, but as player you get more and more the impression, they do this without caring if thigns clutter up quickly, because it forces people to buy bag slots and chest slots to get more inventory space…

the problem is only… this inventory wars has become already so absurd in the last years, that you just have not enough inventory space, even if you bought already the maximum inventory space with bag slots, that is possible right now…
ANet should have implemented much sooner the identification system so that loot gets reduced in slot space as much as possible….

And for gods sake, finally remove this grey trash loot like thorns ect. out from the endgame maps… keep this trash loot for the beginner maps, but in endgame/WvW maps has this trash nothing to search into…

if you start multiple legendary collections at once to speed up things, you get so quickly overwhelmed with collection items, it becomes even more neccessary, that all this items should get better managed by auto deletion if they are just required for an ahcievement and aren#t needed from that point then anymore the moment you collected it – no need then anymore to say in the descriptions, that the item is only needed for an achievement, just directly auto delete after receive and good is.

You show you have kind if the tech for this Naet, you have the tech to let the characters on receive of an item instantly use it to gain exp/wvw progress ect.
So why can#t you do this not as well for instant deletion of gained items, that aren#t needed for anything, but just an achievement to collect?
Why do these things have to stay in the inventory, when you could let them insntantly also delete on receive??
Would make things much smoother in GW2

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside