Collections & More AP

Collections & More AP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-collections-achievement-category/

Second blog post is up now… looks like there’ll be more AP stuff for the vets to grind out if they want. Spoons… might be interesting visiting the karma vendors I’ve never seen outside of hearts heh.

Thoughts?

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Collections & More AP

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

I like the idea, let’s see how it turns out

Collections & More AP

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

This is the first of this month’s preview which has now peaked my interest. I think there is a lot of potential here.

Hoarders Unite!

Collections & More AP

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

My pet peeve time! Piqued not peaked. Unless this is the most interest you’ll ever have?

That aside, I’m such a packrat that I’m looking forward to seeing what pops up in notifications post-patch. If an item has a name that works for RP, I tend to cram it in my bags. My character with the code name “The Sun” has been holding a Sun Ring karma item since first exploring Sparkfly long ago — and not once have I actually linked it in RP chat. But I can’t dump it! It’s RP-appropriate!

Collections & More AP

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ha ha. I still have the old Mysterious Soggy Bag, etc. in my bank. I doubt that it will trigger anything, but maybe something I’ve hoarded will! Lol.

Collections & More AP

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The most important thing here is that they are adding real rewards outside of the gem store (that aren’t champion bags).

Collections & More AP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Hoarders rejoice lol.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Collections & More AP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Hoarders rejoice lol.

I think many of us are

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Collections & More AP

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As to the spoons, given that they are about to do more live-action Tick with Warburton playing The Tick …

I will have to announce every spoon acquisition in guild chat with “SPOOOOOOOOOON!”

Collections & More AP

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

My pet peeve time! Piqued not peaked. Unless this is the most interest you’ll ever have?

I peeked at my pique, but it wasn’t peaked. I was then quite piqued (and annoyed).

Collections & More AP

Posted by: Forgara.9172

Forgara.9172

I enjoy collecting things, to an extent.

It’d be very nice if we could get some visual representation of our own collections. If you could have you partial or full spoon collection on display in your home instance (or preferably in some player housing some day). Or perhaps you box of spoons can be taken out to show people, and you put it down and friends can interact with it to look at the whole spoon collection and mouse over or click on them to see information about that spoon.

Collections & More AP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I enjoy collecting things, to an extent.

It’d be very nice if we could get some visual representation of our own collections. If you could have you partial or full spoon collection on display in your home instance (or preferably in some player housing some day). Or perhaps you box of spoons can be taken out to show people, and you put it down and friends can interact with it to look at the whole spoon collection and mouse over or click on them to see information about that spoon.

I’d love a little spoon collection plaque/box in my home instance

Collections & More AP

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

looks like more grind feeling to the game for me

collecting things which i dont want just to get something

I cant see any game mechanic in it which is fun

but ok its for free so thanks anet

Collections & More AP

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

I like it. It’s a simple incentive to go back and explore older zones. It’s not a damaging update at all so all good there. Us vets will always welcome a new goal.

| Lithia |

Collections & More AP

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

This is my sort of update – anything that rewards replay in old zones is a good thing in my book

Collections & More AP

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

OH BOY! As a veteran player I get to recreate all of those armor skins i made over a year ago just to get it in a collection?!? Thank you so much Anet for giving something for us veteran players to do…again. For nothing. For absolutely nothing. Really. Its great. Amazing and engaging content. Yup.

O_o

Was I too light on the sarcasm? I hope not. Though I’d love to know how any of yesterday and today’s updates were “things for the veteran players” since once again, this more benefits people just now exploring the whole world for the first time and crafting for the first time and ultimately this is absolute DRIVEL for veteran players.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Collections & More AP

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Collections & More AP

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

@PookieDaWombat
You dont have to recreate them if they are already in your wardrobe. If you made them before the wardrobe, then you probably had a different reason to do so.. This update doesnt invalidate that reason..

Collections & More AP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Is this guild wars 2 or Pokemon? Yes collecting things _can_be fun. Will have to see what the “rewards” are. Probably more back item skins……….. Joy.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|