Colors in-game

Colors in-game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Madman.6912

Madman.6912

Hi,

I was struggling to place this topic into a category offered so I figured I’d just put it in general discussion about the game, because It doesnt seem like a bug, but it still annoys me.
It is about game colors. It might be some effect the game engine has (in fact this is my best guess), and it is largely subjective, but does anyone else feel like that for about 75% of the time colors seem very “faded” in guild wars 2. There are some areas and scenes where colors seem beautifully vivid (so it is not that “you have a crappy monitor”) – but on the other hand for example when I enter the PvP lobby everything is just like color saturation was reduced to like 10% …

Did anyone else pick up on this?

Colors in-game

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Some places have dramatically different lighting than others. The PvP lobby is probably the most extreme, but you can see the same effect elsewhere. Orr and the Halloween labyrinth also have that “washed out” look.

Love it or hate it, it’s a stylistic choice. Some areas are warm and colorful, while others are cold and dead-looking.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Colors in-game

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Start using Sweetfx or Reshade and voila.

Colors in-game

Madman.6912

Yes I was thinking about that but I am just afraid I get banned for cheating if it gets interpreted like a cheat or something

Colors in-game

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Yes I was thinking about that but I am just afraid I get banned for cheating if it gets interpreted like a cheat or something

They are perfectly fine to use as all they do is enhance the color of the game. They don’t modify the mechanics in any way. They are just graphic enhancers. Been using Reshade for a LONG time with GW2 and never had any issues.

I seriously can’t play without it now. I tried, and the game is so washed out and faded normally, that I just couldn’t stand it. I need Reshade. lol

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Colors in-game

Madman.6912

They are perfectly fine to use as all they do is enhance the color of the game. They don’t modify the mechanics in any way. They are just graphic enhancers. Been using Reshade for a LONG time with GW2 and never had any issues.

I seriously can’t play without it now. I tried, and the game is so washed out and faded normally, that I just couldn’t stand it. I need Reshade. lol

What’s the perfromance hit of using it roughly?

Colors in-game

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Depends on the features you enable. The one I use has about a 5 fps hit, not much. There are others that are more performance friendly with less features. There is also those that are heavy in features that will hit you for about 10 fps.

Regardless, the fps hit isn’t that big compared to things like ENB and such. Reshade is very performance friendly, with only a 5-10 fps hit at max.

But that also depends on your system as well. If you’re using an old system, you’re going to feel it more than if you are using a higher end system.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Colors in-game

Madman.6912

Depends on the features you enable. The one I use has about a 5 fps hit, not much. There are others that are more performance friendly with less features. There is also those that are heavy in features that will hit you for about 10 fps.

Regardless, the fps hit isn’t that big compared to things like ENB and such. Reshade is very performance friendly, with only a 5-10 fps hit at max.

But that also depends on your system as well. If you’re using an old system, you’re going to feel it more than if you are using a higher end system.

Nah, I have a 6700k@4.6Ghz and a FuryX, but I am also very sensitive to fps playing on a 144hz monitor in 1440p resolution

Colors in-game

Posted by: Xetu.7341

Xetu.7341

Doesn’t work with the 64-bit client.

There are ways to get it to work, but so far I had no success.

Colors in-game

Madman.6912

There are ways to get it to work, but so far I had no success.

Havent tried the 64bit client yet, how stable is it? Is there any benefit currently?

Colors in-game

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

nah you’re perfectly fine man,ive been using Sweetfx since the first year of release and just recently switched over to ReShade.It’s just a visual thing where no one is gaining any advantage over another player,anet knows this.

@Xetu it does work,you just need to download a new Reshade framework and start using the Reshade64.dll.

Do note,you need to rename the reshade64.dll to d3d9.dll

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Reshade-and-64-bit-client/first#post5728629

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3rm1lm/psa_for_other_reshade_users_going_64bit

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Colors in-game

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Disable the “High” post-processing and it will go away.
I have it off because of the extreme bloom and over-saturation in some pvp maps, to the point where the color of the HP bar of your enemies doesn’t even change when they’re downed.
I’ve been suggesting for a while that Post-processing should be split into several options, such as bloom, lighting, saturation, those outlines, etc. Too many stuff is set to the same option, of which there’s only 3 levels. So its going to look bad.
IE: For me the Outlines are annoying, the over-saturation and bloom are often exaggerated, but i like the tinting of the screen on down state and such. But those are all freaking grouped into the same thing, so i have to endure those i don’t like to enjoy the ones i do, or vice-versa.

Colors in-game

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

F.lux is an option as well; you can get it here: https://justgetflux.com/

It’s designed to help maintain circadian rhythms by reducing certain spectrums of light, but it can easily be tweaked to saturate/desaturate anything you want. It affects everything you see on your monitor (not just gw2) but it’s not at all resource heavy, and you can always kill the process if you only want to use it for one application. I don’t notice any change in FPS using f.lux, which is why I prefer it over SweetFX and the like.

Colors in-game

Posted by: Xetu.7341

Xetu.7341

F.lux is an option as well; you can get it here: https://justgetflux.com/

It’s designed to help maintain circadian rhythms by reducing certain spectrums of light, but it can easily be tweaked to saturate/desaturate anything you want. It affects everything you see on your monitor (not just gw2) but it’s not at all resource heavy, and you can always kill the process if you only want to use it for one application. I don’t notice any change in FPS using f.lux, which is why I prefer it over SweetFX and the like.

Flux does something way different than SweetFX.