Colourblindness

Colourblindness

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shmead.4915

shmead.4915

Anet, I write this post out of desperation. I enjoy WvW and commanding in WvW, however I have a disability which doesn’t allow me to command to my full potential. I am colour blind. This does not allow me to see red and white fields very clearly anywhere in the current WvW maps. This puts me at an immediate disadvantage as I cannot see where is safe for my group to go and where any water fields may be. So I beg of you for the sake of more people that are colour blind and play this game please add something to change the colour of these.

Colourblindness

Posted by: RKyrk.4761

RKyrk.4761

+1
Fix this

1 close 1 animal 1 far rest mid

Colourblindness

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

This has been brought up many times since launch. The overwhelming silence is pretty much the only answer you’re likely to get. Past performance is indicative of future results.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gw2+color+blind+site:forum-en.guildwars2.com

BG

Colourblindness

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

This has been brought up many times since launch. The overwhelming silence is pretty much the only answer you’re likely to get. Past performance is indicative of future results.

Pretty sure Anet altered the team colors awhile back to make them easier to distinguish for color blind people.

Colourblindness

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Anet has been pretty good with trying their best to adjust things for colour blind people in general including as Waffler said adjusting the colours slightly. If you still have problems with some things then writing a list of all the problem areas with examples would probably be helpful.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Colourblindness

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

texmod

Pretty sure you can fix it yourself.

Colourblindness

Kanebrake.6192

Pretty sure Anet altered the team colors awhile back to make them easier to distinguish for color blind people.

That’s not really the same as a colorblind mode. A cb mode lets the player toggle it on or off depending what they want/need. No one is forced to use it but it’s available for those who need it.

This battlefield video shows what I’m talking about.

BG

Colourblindness

shmead.4915

I understand that you can set Team Colours but this is not what I mean. I mean the fields on the ground are hard to distinguish between my team and the enemies.

Colourblindness

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

In WvWvW there’s such a large Zerg you are commanding, it’s easy to tell if it’s an ally field because no enemy would put a water field as an offensive spell…

Plus there are combo hearts, people are going to have projectiles pass through them.

Colourblindness

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

That’s not really the same as a colorblind mode. A cb mode lets the player toggle it on or off depending what they want/need. No one is forced to use it but it’s available for those who need it.

So when you were referring to the overwhelming silence of Anet regarding accommodations for color blind individuals, you were only referring to their silence to specifically creating a special colorblind mode. Ok, good to know.

Colourblindness

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Anet altered the ground circles for ease of distinguishing once before. I am colorblind and have a much easier time now than at launch.

Colourblindness

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Also check with the manufacture of your video card. I know you can change the color spectrum in the nvidia control. This might help as there really isnt an alternative that I know of.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Colourblindness

Kanebrake.6192

So when you were referring to the overwhelming silence of Anet regarding accommodations for color blind individuals, you were only referring to their silence to specifically creating a special colorblind mode. Ok, good to know.

That’s not even close to what I said. But thank you for doing your best to put words into my mouth

BG

Colourblindness

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are lots of colorblind gamers out there, including me. There should be colorblind support for this game. The percent of players, particularly male players who suffer from color blindness is higher than most people would think.

Colourblindness

Posted by: Oakwind.6187

Oakwind.6187

I’d love it as well. I don’t really play anymore as I’m not sure if my eyes just can’t follow or if I really can’t see all the red circles, but yeah. The shapes of the circles given out by the new bosses – that very visible one that looks like it’s from Wildstar, I can see just fine (however this is due to the visible shape, not the colors).

Otherwise, with a lot of green/brown/red mixed on the screen, I just feel kitten y.

I play Engineer.
Balthazar runes are broken.

Colourblindness

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

+1 from another colorblind player. It is really hard to distinguish beneficial AoEs from damaging ones, at least for me. for things like CoE with the alpha I had to memorize the size of the AoEs to stop me from dodging out of those my allies were putting down and losing my endurance before the real attack.

In WvW and any play with lots of fields (pug against AC spider queen as a recent example) require a lot more concentration for a colorblind player like me, as I must look at the center of every field and actively think about discerning the color, while most players can have their focus entirely elsewhere and notice the fields.

Also, responses like Chase.8415’s really show how quick some players are to minimalize other players issues when they can’t relate. Enemies drop AoEs on the zerg all the time, and your allies drop water fields too. It’s not a simple issue, and nor is it a major disadvantage. But it is a disadvantage, and the fix should be relatively easy.

Please ANet, do something about this, or at least let us use fields like from Liadri’s fight everywhere for enemies’ AoEs.

Colourblindness

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

This x10000000

So many times I’m standing in red circles I think are white, or I’m dodging out of white circles because I think they are red. This is especially bad when you’ve got both dropping in the same areas.

The big bright orange circles were a breath of fresh air, but Iwas disappointed it didn’t replace all red circles, only moves that apparently are extra deadly.

The circles are just so effing thin and faint. Might as well make them all invisible.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Colourblindness

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I’m colorblind as well. specifically, red-deficient. So reds and browns are less apparent and look similar to shades of green.
the popped-up aoe indicator they did a year ago was a step in the right direction, but what I really want is something like Nochtli’s aoe indicators.
but in general: beneficial aoe should not be just a different color than offensive aoe, but look physically different as well. like if friendly aoe looked like they do now and enemy aoe looks like a solid circle of red fire like Nochtli’s. That way, even if someone sees in greyscale, they could tell them apart just by them looking like a ring vs. solid circle.

Colourblindness

shmead.4915

Well you’d be surprised, if you have guildies with you they will put an offensive water field as they know that you may need water on that first push within a large zerg. I also do it myself if I am on an ele. I just don’t understand that for a game that has been out as long as it has been. There is no significant way to change the colours in game to help those suffering. It really puts me at a disadvantage and on several occasions has left me disheartened and to stop commanding as I do not want to let others down.

Colourblindness

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Anet, I write this post out of desperation. I enjoy WvW and commanding in WvW, however I have a disability which doesn’t allow me to command to my full potential. I am colour blind. This does not allow me to see red and white fields very clearly anywhere in the current WvW maps. This puts me at an immediate disadvantage as I cannot see where is safe for my group to go and where any water fields may be. So I beg of you for the sake of more people that are colour blind and play this game please add something to change the colour of these.

We suggested this in Beta… Add a color option for AoE Fields… I suggest bright orange for enemy AoEs… Like the new bosses use. It makes the game so much better and reaction based imo.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Colourblindness

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

Please support it. I can not notice Dark-Red color in the large Zerk.

Colourblindness

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I remember bringing this up back during the Assault on Scarlet, where you needed to gather colored attunements before you could damage her hologram. There someone mentioned that they had incorporated different symbols with the colors in order to help differentiate them for people that couldn’t do so via color alone. So that brings up the question, is there any visual indicator that the ring you are standing in is an unfriendly one? Does the glow change? Do the edges rise and fall in little waves? If not, could we add things like that via a shader?

Colourblindness

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I’m not colourblind, and find the red/white circles, are just too thin to see clearly. In the midst of everything else going on.

Even making that circle line thicker, would be helpful.