Combat Bug - More common since last patch (11/14)?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Einherjar.6709

Einherjar.6709

Q:

Mobs become bugged in this game very easily, and become immune to damage, resetting to full health, but often keeping you in combat, and most frustrating of all — running back to attack you again once they have full health.

Since this last patch it seems you are able to be stuck in combat indefinitely until you move a certain distance away from mobs that have bugged or reset. This is especially frustrating when trying to change out traits or gathering equipment.

A few of my guildies have noticed it too (especially during our daily orichalcum run). Anyone else seeing this? Was this indeed caused during the latest patch?

Is it to ‘prevent’ exploits? If so, it is punishing the ‘law-abiding’ gamers as much as the exploiters. This equal treatment stance has got to go … give us fair treatment as players. Punish the exploiters, not everyone.

Take this message and apply it broadly, and gamers will likely be more satisfied with your game, and far less frustrated. Thanks for reading.

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

It happens with my ranger frequently, especially when the game doesn’t think I’m pathable from the mob.

Posted by: Shamurai.5976

Shamurai.5976

I did notice this yesterday with a Champion Mob in Blazeridge.. me and 2 others keep taking him close to “half bar” and then pop he’d just magically reset to full health. This wasn’t a kiting issue.. we had a tank that pretty much just sat on him while my Elly blasted him and stacked bleeds on him… then POP full health.. after 5 attempts… we just wandered off.

Posted by: speedknob.6958

speedknob.6958

This happens to me often. It is frustrating to have to move through mobs when your health is stuck in a diminished capacity.

My eyes are small but they have seen the beauty of enormous things.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I’ve seen it a lot, too, altho not sure if it’s increased its rate since the maintenance.

Posted by: Polluxor.5970

Polluxor.5970

It happened to me also. From day one.
The invulnerability has to go, or at least the health return on mobs right after disengaging the combat. It’s soooooo frustrating!

Posted by: Never.6014

Never.6014

Getting it all the time lately. Sometimes I’ll wait 5 full minutes and end up closing and re-launching the game to clear it. Stealth doesn’t even work, so i can’t even use my OP thief powers of win to beat it. Nerf combat bug.

Tell Anet’s boss what you think: http://tinyurl.com/arkgzku

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

If there’s anything that I’d have changed in the game, then it’d be that. The invulnerability mechanic. Mobs resetting for no apperant reason.

You have NO idea how frustrating it is when you’re being punished from playing smart. Or for just playing normally for that matter.

I’d even openly state my support for the new patch if it also included removing this monster-reset mechanic.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.