Combat Music Needs Variety

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

Can we get a larger variety of combat music? The same music gets repeated throughout most of the game and only a few boss fights get anything special.

It just seems silly since this game has so much great music, yet while in combat you just hear the same thing over and over.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

This is going to sound crazy, but I have this thing called Winamp. It is a music player on my computer that plays all my favorite music from my collection. It has all the variety I need. Supposedly there is a way to customize the music that plays in-game with music from your own collection, but I’d rather just use my standalone music player.

Alternatively, you can suggest that ArenaNet remove combat music all together and just keep the base ambient music that is constantly playing in the world. Some might say “But how will you know you are in combat!?” and to them I say “Is your health dropping? Are you moving at half speed? Do you see the red border around your world map? You’re getting killed, yo!”

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Back when I started I thought the same and that the music choice was kind of meh.

The whole world ingame is and feels too safe with too cheerful of music. I’ve played other games that had ominous music in forests with really dangerous mobs and I liked it a lot.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

This is going to sound crazy, but I have this thing called Winamp. It is a music player on my computer that plays all my favorite music from my collection. It has all the variety I need. Supposedly there is a way to customize the music that plays in-game with music from your own collection, but I’d rather just use my standalone music player.

Alternatively, you can suggest that ArenaNet remove combat music all together and just keep the base ambient music that is constantly playing in the world. Some might say “But how will you know you are in combat!?” and to them I say “Is your health dropping? Are you moving at half speed? Do you see the red border around your world map? You’re getting killed, yo!”

I’m sorry, but this misses the point. I actually agree with the OP. Music is one of the most important parts of any media because of the immersion it creates.

I would almost go as far as to say music in general is lacking in GW2 (not in quality, just in variety) and that it’s something that should be evaluated and updated.

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Yeah, GW1 had way more tracks. Different for each area.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

In case anyone does not know, we can create a custom gw2 playlist that plays whatever music you want during things like combat, inside cities, underwater, and so on

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Yup. If you’re really tired of the music that plays find some music yourself that you think would be more fitting and just customize the music.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Yeah I know about that too.

I still agree with the OP though and have thought about it before.

I frequently use my youtube playlist or one of my own personal offline playlists while playing anyways so it’s not that big of a deal. I just remember when I first began I played with sounds on and everything because when I like to pick up a game I prefer to at least try to absorb all of what they try to throw at you for the sake of the experience.

I noticed pretty early on the music was really repetative. Hell, everything was. ._.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Custom playlists is the way to go. For example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi5EiCgQKuw is the first song to play whenever I’m in a World Boss fight. That’s some epic kitten to listen to when fighting Tequatl.