Combo Killer

Combo Killer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dokk.5620

Dokk.5620

The team is aware of the issues with this daily and they’re looking into it. Thanks.

Can I get my karma jug for being stuck on this kitten daily prerequisite? stuck on 9/10 for 2 hours, then daily reset, awesome.

Combo Killer

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

yeah me too, 1 hour stuck with the combo quest -_- , great start…..

Combo Killer

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Really hard to do with guardians. Tried for like 2 hours in a group of 5 and only got 9 combos although we farmed dungeons. Tried both greatsword and hammer. Please remove this daily.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Combo Killer

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Just to add my experience those already here:

This combo did update in the achievement sometimes, and others not. I would get an aura after a leap combo or have my character say “Impressive combination” to confirm that the combo was performed, but get not update to my daily. At the time of reset, I had 8/10 after working solely on that part of the daily for almost an entire hour. The rest of my daily was done.

I would also like to add that I am not among those who said “Combo? What’s a combo?” When the daily first appeared after the patch. I’ve been using them since launch and am aware of how they work.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Combo Killer

Posted by: Sereloth.4378

Sereloth.4378

As an elementalist, I didn’t have too hard of a time completing this daily. Yes, there were times when I killed an enemy with a combo finisher and it didn’t count, so it definitely is bugged. However, once that’s fixed, it’s not that bad.

I just did 2 events where there were at least 2 or 3 other people and lots of mobs. Waited until their HP was kinda low and then used Arcane Wave (combo finisher). There were almost always combo fields down, so I was able to get multiple combo kills with just one wave (3 at max).

Combo Killer

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You’re suggesting changing your build in order to get a daily achievement? Sorry, this one’s broken. And, it was an easy one to foresee being broken. It just leaves you scratching your head.

Change your build? Hardly. Just swap a couple of skills. If you aren’t already swapping skills on a regular basis to match the needs of the situation, you’re doing it wrong (or at least inefficiently).

But yes, this one needs looked at.

That’s called a build. I don’t use that skill because it has no place in a shout build. If you are swapping your utilities with no thought of build synergy you are doing it wrong.

Agreed. This daily needs to be removed. ANET is telling you there is only one way to play the game. That goes against all of their earlier manifesto notes.

Combo Killer

Posted by: DJSkittles.7196

DJSkittles.7196

I mean really Arena Net, I had 5 of them done and than got booted out of game and it reset all of them, so I tried again and even though I was finishing and not getting credit, I kept grinding until i had only 2 left and than dailys reset, when that was the last thing I had to do…really this is some bs.

BTW, I have realized that it does not recognize any blast or leap finishers even if its for the last hit and kill (at least for my class, so were forced to work with 20% projectile finishers..)

Please fix this, I already got cheated out of my dungeon tokens during that roll back earlier this week, its starting to get irritating.

Combo Killer

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Agreed got stuck b4 reset……………..

Serenity now~Insanity later

Combo Killer

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

First time I get really kitten with this game. Was stuck at 60% of combo finisher and couldn’t do it, no matter how I kept trying, I don’t have a clue how I got them because it seemed a way, then I tried again and it didn’t work.
I’ll be travelling soon and will miss out 7 laurels, thanks to this really poor choice of daily, now I’ll miss one more.

So awesome to stay behind everyone

end of rant.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

Combo Killer

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

I mean really Arena Net, I had 5 of them done and than got booted out of game and it reset all of them, so I tried again and even though I was finishing and not getting credit, I kept grinding until i had only 2 left and than dailys reset, when that was the last thing I had to do…really this is some bs.

BTW, I have realized that it does not recognize any blast or leap finishers even if its for the last hit and kill (at least for my class, so were forced to work with 20% projectile finishers..)

Please fix this, I already got cheated out of my dungeon tokens during that roll back earlier this week, its starting to get irritating.

Same problem here is complete crap

Combo Killer

Posted by: Bailey DELUX.6051

Bailey DELUX.6051

I’ve never felt that i can’t join in on someones fight, until tonight after the patch.
I ran past a couple of guys, helped them out and then got yelled at for interrupting their combos.
Wasn’t one of the key innovative features that you could join in with anyone at any time? Well for the first time i feel as if i can’t.

Combo Killer

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Avoid combos with conditions.

The kitten things steal all the credit of the kill.
I got all 10/10 on enemies with no conditions.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Combo Killer

Posted by: Carlie.3869

Carlie.3869

Pretty frustrating, frankly.
If this is an attempt to make people stop wanting to play the game, I’d say it’s definitely working.

Combo Killer

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Before patch: “the zones are empty, please fix it!”
After patch: “oh no I have to group with people!”

Only complaint I have is that you obviously didn’t test it well enough so people wouldn’t be experiencing the bug right now

Combo Killer

Posted by: riddleguy.9738

riddleguy.9738

I love the daily crafter and daily underwater kills additions! but im not a big fan of this daily combo kills with allies….i think arenanet should remove it from rotation until we are able skip one like anet talked about or modify it to make it easier.

Combo Killer

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

Combo killer is off, new dailys on.

Combo Killer

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

This whole new daily system was, IMHO, not well thought out.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Combo Killer

Posted by: Arael.7426

Arael.7426

I don’t like this Daily combo kill, it’s horrible

Combo Killer

Posted by: Aldracity.9463

Aldracity.9463

This has nothing to do with being forced to group with people. This has to do with grouping up, getting combo finishers and fields all over the place, and yet still not getting credit.

Just make it “Combinations in Combat” and put the cap higher.

Combo Killer

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

The combo killer has been removed from the weekly rotation, clearly not working as intended.

Combo Killer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Thanks for the quick reply letting us know there’s an issue but I just have to take this opportunity to point out that if we had a working PTR system these things would not happen, would not be a surprise, and would not further alienate your fans/players from trust.

Crafting is fine even tho there’s nothing to craft at this point for most of us at 400 in our skills so asking us to craft all over again is a little weird and probably affects the sale of items, most people who are leveling crafting won’t be getting the items they can’t use to increase their points, they’ll be looking for raw materials so adding this is weird on two fronts. Lower profit for those who sell, no use for those of us maxed already as there’s nothing new to make really (especially nothing end game with the tight constriction you have on the loot that drops including the double RNG on T6 mats), and it requires people who don’t craft to actually do something they don’t want to do. Now I know it’s not that big of a deal to most of us who do craft, but think about it, we didn’t like it when they wanted to force us into dungeons or WvW for our dailies. It’s the same exact thing, lack of personal choice to spend our time for a reward system that’s flawed.

Reward for time spent is very important and having personal choices on how we do this is very important.

Also I just noticed that the dodge is not working either. I just dodged three attacks from two mobs and they are not counting.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Combo Killer

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The combo killer has been removed from the weekly rotation, clearly not working as intended.

Yay! Thanks!

Combo Killer

Posted by: Evrae Altana.1295

Evrae Altana.1295

i’m ele and i got it pretty fast when travling with groups
but melee mobs in my team usually got the shortest straw

Combo Killer

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

A man after my own heart, or at least, my dailies progression.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Combo Killer

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

The team is aware of the issues with this daily and they’re looking into it. Thanks.

Meanwhile some people have done it and others haven’t.

That doesn’t mean it’s not bugged, some people are getting disconnected and rerolled. Others aren’t. Does that mean it’s working as intended?

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Combo Killer

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I love you.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Combo Killer

Posted by: Demonik.9571

Demonik.9571

Getting rid of Combo killer now…….. does not help those who missed the daily already because of it…. So it was still a FAIL.

Many alts to go with my many personalities….
8 LvL 80’s all fight for XIV on Devona’s Rest
X Korupt X Char Guardian in T3 Cult

Combo Killer

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Getting rid of Combo killer now…….. does not help those who missed the daily already because of it…. So it was still a FAIL.

…sorry for that your goals were delayed by less than 24 hours.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Combo Killer

Posted by: grandjudge.4129

grandjudge.4129

I couldn’t get my laurel because of it. :<

I know it’s just a daily but it killed my excitement about the new content after I spent almost an hour trying to get this achievement and failing at 9/10 right before reset.

(edited by grandjudge.4129)

Combo Killer

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

I couldn’t get my laurel because of it. :<

I know it’s just a daily but it killed my excitement about the new content after I spent almost an hour trying to get this achievement and failing at 9/10 right before reset.

And I couldn’t get my laurel because I was at work between the time the new patch came out and the daily reset time…. it sucks that you missed out after being so close to getting it, but some of us never even had a chance at getting this first laurel.

Combo Killer

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Spent over half an hour on this and didn’t get my daily cause I couldn’t get past 20%, but I think I see what we were doing wrong now. We didn’t realize it had to be a damaging combo field, so I kept dropping water and ice and WTFing when we didn’t get the combo kill.

PS: Turning off autoattack and only using 100% combo finishers is probably a good idea

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Combo Killer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Thank you for removing that. Was the only reason I weren’t able to complete my Daily. But on a slightly related note, why oh why did the Daily reset at 1am CET, then again at around 1:20am CET? I was nearly done with this new batch, now I need to do it again, which I must admit I find slightly annoying.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Combo Killer

Posted by: grandjudge.4129

grandjudge.4129

Spent over half an hour on this and didn’t get my daily cause I couldn’t get past 20%, but I think I see what we were doing wrong now. We didn’t realize it had to be a damaging combo field, so I kept dropping water and ice and WTFing when we didn’t get the combo kill.

PS: Turning off autoattack and only using 100% combo finishers is probably a good idea

It was bugged. There was no right way of doing it. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn’t.

Combo Killer

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

This would have been seen if it were tested. Cant say that it was tested when so many are having problems. Same with dodge healer daily…

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Combo Killer

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Well its good we got an answer and that it was removed for now. But that still doesnt solve the problem with not getting the laurel.

Will we see any compensation, like a laurel added to our account?

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Combo Killer

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

And I believe there really isn’t any way to get the laurel? No system to check those that had it 80%+ completion?
Even though we made everything, just that one remaining as unfinished?

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

Combo Killer

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Any chance for a compensation?
It is the first daily ever I did not complete because of this bug. (Managed to complete every single pve and pvp daily so far)

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Combo Killer

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I didn’t have any issues with Combo Killer.

As an elementalist, I did the achievement with an NPC mesmer (southsun cove) that would put down a field. Using a projectile finisher would apply confusion to the target. If I applied the combo at the very start, it would still count – a killing blow by the combo was not required. I also used a blast finisher to apply chaos aura, which also counted after the mob died.

As for those who couldn’t finish it, the daily reset shouldn’t have happened, so really, it was a bonus to begin with. Everyone that usually logins after the reset didn’t even get a chance at the first daily laurel.

Combo Killer

Posted by: InfamousBrad.5879

InfamousBrad.5879

Crafting is fine even tho there’s nothing to craft at this point for most of us at 400 in our skills …

I had the same reaction at first. Then I checked to see if Refinement counted as “crafting an object” and it did. Which means that even if you started the day with 400 (or even 0) points in a crafting skill, all you had to do was go out and harvest 20 wood and craft it into 10 planks and call it done.

Combo Killer

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Can you put it back once you have fixed it? I quite enjoyed killing stuff with random people. If you just fix it it will be ok. I really think it does bring ppl together to play

(edited by CharrGirl.7896)

Combo Killer

Posted by: SQLOwns.7316

SQLOwns.7316

Maybe you should try a Ca Ca Ca Combo Breaker!!!!!!

SQL Owns – Elementalist
Dragon Steel [DSL]
Henge of Denravi

Combo Killer

Posted by: Sentry.6187

Sentry.6187

Removed? thank you, and by all means, never, ever bring it back, even if you do get it working.

Combo Killer

Posted by: soulwblood.1529

soulwblood.1529

I found it a lot easier doing it with a ranger and having someone else putting down some combo fields – mostly using 2 from 5 skills to have a 100% projectile and sometimes still didn’t work :p probably because it died from the field’s poison or fire. ah well. I’d love to see this daily again, but instead of kills, only combos between allies would be good ^^

Combo Killer

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

I understand that sometimes stuff won’t work properly. But what I want to know is why did we have 2 dailys in a day. Now, usually people won’t complain for having the opportunity to get 2 jugs some silver and 2 coins in the same day. But, why did you have to put it up so close to the reset?
Actually I think it would have been better if the daily didn’t reset with the patch, just implement it from tomorrow, like you planned to do with monthlies.

Furthermore, the daily didn’t actually reset either…. I finished my daily a few hours ago, and when I logged in after the patch so see what’s up (just a quick glance around because I was ready to go to bed), I found that I already had 5/5 events done, and the 13 kill variety done, but the other two reseted. What I did was….. log off. I thought the UI bugged up because, a normal rational person would never think that you’d give the opportunity to run a DAILY TWICE, just 1hour before the “normal” reset

Combo Killer

Posted by: Dravyn.2689

Dravyn.2689

Will those that had all of the daily complete except for the combos get their laurel? I had 4 of 10 when the Daily reset and was hoping that I could get my first laurel. Very disappointed. You guys do an awesome job, though… so I understand if this isn’t possible. But had to ask.

Dravyn
[SoR] Sanctum of Rall
[LoE] Legend of Elijah

Combo Killer

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

Sigh. The one thing that made me feel “special” was the combo in the daily. I have always done combos. I liked them, I built my ranger around them. I finished this part of the daily with another ranger quickly and taught other people how to do it.

Also I have always particularly loved the combos with guardian/ranger, since they are so strong. (although granted, they are not “kill strikes” on the guardian)

I am ENJOYING the new dailies. If you make the combo even BETTER then I will be double happy.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Combo Killer

Posted by: quickthorn.4918

quickthorn.4918

I didn’t have any issues with Combo Killer.

As an elementalist, I did the achievement with an NPC mesmer (southsun cove) that would put down a field. Using a projectile finisher would apply confusion to the target. If I applied the combo at the very start, it would still count – a killing blow by the combo was not required. I also used a blast finisher to apply chaos aura, which also counted after the mob died.

I was playing in a duo as an ele with my husband playing mesmer. One thing we observed was that the combos didn’t always count even when the combo obviously happened. It seemed to work about 2/3 of the time at best.

Combo Killer

Posted by: Xenth.2408

Xenth.2408

The “killing strike/final blow” must be a combo finisher(such as burning bolts).

Not that it matters because the daily changed. But that’s not true. During a champ fight with no adds I was watching my % go up on combo part just from people using finishers off my fields. It went from 10% complete to 60% complete before the champ was killed. So it didn’t require the killing blow.

Combo Killer

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

While the achievement may not have been working as intended, it certainly worked.

The success rate I had with it was 100% by taking note of a couple things:

The combo must cause damage to the mob.
-This means no light/water/ethereal/etc fields which only cause buffs, healing, or known non-registered damage abilities (confusion and retaliation).
-This means no blast or leap finishers (these cause self/party buffs and not damage).

The mob must sustain at least 1 “tick” of damage from the combo.
-This means that poison/burning/bleeding has to not only apply to the mob, but the mob must live long enough to take damage from it.

Projectile finishers only have a 20% chance to complete a combo.
-This is extremely important because the finisher will indicate the combo it creates even if the 20% chance did not proc. That is to say, even though it said “poison” indicating the combo, there’s only a 20% chance that the combo succeeded.

The combo does not have to be the finishing blow on the mob. It is only important that the combo was successfully performed on the mob prior to its death, and both players creating the combo must do sufficient damage to gain credit for the kill.

Taking all this into context, the easy, guaranteed method of creating combos is to have a shortbow ranger fire through a fire or poison field placed by another player at a mob which has high hp or armor. It took me about 5 minutes to run 3 people through this achievement on my server (including time to explain the process to them, gathering together, and explaining how to enter WvW) by going to an enemy borderland and attacking the eagle raptors near the gate. This achievement was very much attainable by any and all classes (I did not actually witness a warrior completing it, but the longbow adrenaline skill creates a fire field so it should be no different from getting it on necro).

I wanted to make this note because while it’s clear the achievement was not behaving as intended (blast and leap finishers should be able to progress the achievement) it did actually function properly in relation to both projectile and whirl finishers.

Combo Killer

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

I have no idea why you people couldn’t get it. A friend and I did it under 15 minutes of logging on after update. Quite easy when both of us clearly knows what we’re doing and can communicate with Skype-like program. Now we both have 2 laurels.