Combo fields

Combo fields

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: carl.7213

carl.7213

I am new to GW2 so I have to ask stupid questions. Sorry about that. When playing WvW the leader often stops the zerg and tells us to put down speed. Then we charge into the fray. Many people comment on their 2 min or more speed duration, while I , at best, get maybe 30 sec. Playing necro does not give me a lot of speed options. Is there a blast finisher I should be using to get longer speed boost? If so what do I do when the static fields are down?

Thanks for your assistance.

Combo fields

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Look for white/blue ground area, they grants speed buff.
Party with people, so you’ll have a priority on their buffs.
Consider using a Warhorn.

There is a WvW Forum and a Necromancer Forum if you want more help for each aspect.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer

Combo fields

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Necro’s dont have much blast finsihers (one is a mark wich needs a mob to trigger). Overall if you really truly want swiftness stay close to external source (the player giving it, like warrior, guardian) more chance to get it.

Secondly use spectral walk and warhorn 5 if swiftness is your thing. Rune of the pack can even prolong their duration, as do the cooldown reduction traits for those skills.

Otherwise, sacrafice a slot to signet of locust for walking.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Combo fields

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Warhorn and spectral walk guarantee you’ll be always next to your commander.
Also, spectral skills are the best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG_399O1epE

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Combo fields

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Playing necro does not give me a lot of speed options.

Actually, Necros have three good options for speed:

1) Signet of the Locust. Utility skill. Easy to mix into any build.

2) Quickening Thirst. Blood trait, giving +25% MS if you have a dagger equipped. Ideal for power builds using Dagger as your primary weapon, though Blood is a really good support traitline so it’s useful in WvW regardless.

3) Using Warhorn 5 and Spectral Walk almost give you permaswiftness together (50 seconds of Swiftness per minute). If you take either Banshee’s Wail (Blood Master-level trait) or Spectral Mastery (Soul Reaping Master-level trait), you get full permaswiftness.

Just a few suggestions if you want to be more self-sufficient with your map mobility.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Combo fields

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

As a zerg necro in WvW, I would definitely use quickening thirst, as Blaine suggested. Then you just need a dagger in one of your two weapon groups and don’t have to worry about it anymore.