Comedic reddit thread about the devs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Just check it out, its a satiric thread about Anet Devs answering player question. Dont take it too seriously http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2rwsaw/we_are_fake_peter_fries_and_fake_rubi_bayer_here/

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Fantastic.

We had to move this idea to another table, but you should be happy to know that it is still on a table.

I couldn’t stop laughing at this one, and all of the table-themed statements.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

To keep everything on the table, one can fill a room with tables and put tables onto tables. That way, if anything is off the table, it falls onto the other tables.

Awesome thread, OP, thanks for the link!

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Fantastic.

We had to move this idea to another table, but you should be happy to know that it is still on a table.

Too bad some people dont have sense of humor and just removed it from reddit…

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I agree with the one poster. We need a CDI on tables. Chris, get to it

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Fantastic.

Too bad some people dont have sense of humor and just removed it from reddit…

Or maybe somebody is kind enough to remove it after finding out that Rubi just lost a pet and maybe today isn’t the best day for an entire thread making fun of her?

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

haha pure comedy gold and very convincing. If I took a screenshot and deleted “fake” from their aliases….

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Says “[removed]”

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yes, but all the comments below are still there, and some are quite clever.

Timmyf, I’m so sorry for Rubi. This is the first mention I saw of her loss. I hope she’s been able to just turn off the computer and have some private time.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I am of mixed feelings about a thread that exists to call out and make fun of individual employees of a company in a situation where those employees likely cannot respond in kind.

On one hand it seems a pretty solid indication of hypocrisy and cowardice as the thread(s) do not include posters’ real names, employer, and workplace address for others to expand the, “fun,” to them.

On the other hand it is so much easier and safer to make fun of people that you know generally cannot respond in kind. Right?

Serophous.9085

I am of mixed feelings about a thread that exists to call out and make fun of individual employees of a company in a situation where those employees likely cannot respond in kind.

On one hand it seems a pretty solid indication of hypocrisy and cowardice as the thread(s) do not include posters’ real names, employer, and workplace address for others to expand the, “fun,” to them.

On the other hand it is so much easier and safer to make fun of people that you know generally cannot respond in kind. Right?

If they would get offended by this, then comedy like SNL which plays as mock famous people, would be removed from the air.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

If they would get offended by this, then comedy like SNL which plays as mock famous people, would be removed from the air.

The people who make fun of celebrities on SNL have their own names up on screen every week. Their workplace (SNL) is public knowledge. They are not hiding behind the anonymity of the internet while making fun of individual employees of a company. Individual employees of a company are not generally celebrities of the sort lampooned on SNL. Generally they are not allowed to respond in kind. A Hollywood actress can generally say what she wants to her critics (though its often a good idea to ignore childish teasing).

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Ashen, while I agree with the principles you’re stating, I don’t feel a line was crossed here. I say this without having seen the “AMA” itself as it was removed, but the followup commentaries seemed to be more respectful gibes, a friendly “roast” as it were. They just didn’t feel mean spirited or crude to me. They were more riffs on the table meme that’s grown up in GW2 culture.

If Rubi, Peter, or Colin are in any way hurt or offended by the thread, that’s another issue. I certainly hope they aren’t but instead take it in good spirit and humor. I myself have no Reddit account and so cannot comment there; perhaps that means I interpret the few Reddit pages I find via links differently from those immersed in that medium of communication.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

People are aware that making fun of employees makes them even less likely to tell us anything, right?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Serophous.9085

The people who make fun of celebrities on SNL have their own names up on screen every week. Their workplace (SNL) is public knowledge. They are not hiding behind the anonymity of the internet while making fun of individual employees of a company. Individual employees of a company are not generally celebrities of the sort lampooned on SNL. Generally they are not allowed to respond in kind. A Hollywood actress can generally say what she wants to her critics (though its often a good idea to ignore childish teasing).

So, even if these guys names were known, these childish readings will be ignored anyway? The thread was meant to be fun at poke at some stuff. None of it seemed mean, I mean they go on able tables, but all in good humor. If it was taken down out of respect for death of a pet, then more to them. If it wasn’t, then shame on mods.

Let’s not detract this by looking into what’s not there.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

People are aware that making fun of employees makes them even less likely to tell us anything, right?

This, exactly this. Why would people want to communicate when sometimes all they get are temper tantrums and diaper creme style posts. “I am leaving if you don’t do x”, or “I am never gonna tell my friends about this game if you don’t change y” Who would want to share there ideas and plans with people that threaten, mock and all that kind of stuff?

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

As they don’t tell us anything as is, there’s no risk of being told “less”.

Serophous.9085

If this small thing makes them not want to talk, then they would avoid the forums permanently with so many angry threads.

This, to me, was along the lines of me tripping and someone coming up and saying “have a nice trip?”.

lordkrall.7241

Read the post you quoted one more time.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

darkace.8925

Why would people want to communicate when sometimes all they get are temper tantrums and diaper creme style posts. “I am leaving if you don’t do x”, or “I am never gonna tell my friends about this game if you don’t change y” Who would want to share there ideas and plans with people that threaten, mock and all that kind of stuff?

Companies who want to generate excitement for their product?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

When you create anything for mainstream consumption, expect criticism. Whether warranted or not. We call that getting thick skin. If you don’t have it, you really have no business being in the business.

This is why, a lot of times, it’s recommended you don’t respond at all to criticism. It tends to feed the poor and childish behavior.

A humorous thread is a humorous thread. And a roast is a roast. But, sometimes, where there’s criticism, there really is fire.

It’s up to those people being mocked whether there is substance to it.

On that note, calling your peers ‘diaper creme style’ posters is pretty much the definition of throwing stones in a glass house.

Let’s not get that twisted in an attempt to look moralist.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If it got deleted by reddit, maybe it wasn’t really all innocent fun.

darkace.8925

Read the post you quoted one more time.

I don’t need to. As ArenaNet’s current policy is to tell us nothing, it’s literally impossible for them to be less likely to tell us anything.

lordkrall.7241

I don’t need to. As ArenaNet’s current policy is to tell us nothing, it’s literally impossible for them to be less likely to tell us anything.

This is what I wrote:

I did not say anything at all about them telling us less. I said something about them being less likely to tell us anything (and right now they do tell us stuff now and then).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Serophous.9085

If it got deleted by reddit, maybe it wasn’t really all innocent fun.

My speculation on that is either the people asked for it to be deleted, or the mods didn’t get it was a fake thread and just deleted it (as people in the thread even thought this was real, adding to the humor), or (and most likely) reedit is nipping this in the butt of fake AMAs appearing more often, and can confuse people trying to find real AMAs. So there isn’t two sets of confusing information going around.

CMM.6712

I do not feel posters that go that route are my peers, and my post was not an attempt to “look” anything. It was my opinion.

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ll be clearer: It was crass. And you’re in no position to call anyone on these forums anything when the words you used makes you no better than them.

What you ‘feel’ is immaterial.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

CMM.6712

I’ll be clearer: It was crass. And you’re in no position to call anyone on these forums anything when you’re no better than them.

What you ‘feel’ is immaterial.

I’m sorry you didn’t like my post are you gonna need some of that creme too? I never said I was better than anyone, anywhere. Kinda like your thoughts on my post(s) being immaterial? If you got a problem with it report it and let a moderator resolve it. I wasn’t aware there was a “no crass” rule on the forum or is that just yours?

Ardenwolfe.8590

:)

I did some further research on the original thread and found there was some confusion about it being humorous as opposed to serious. As Astral and Serophous said, it appears to be removed because there were real threads involving management that were similar.

Apparently, the thread appeared to mock a recent one with real concerns.

Given that situation, it’s probably the reason for it’s removal. Tongue-in-cheek or not.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Wait how is that different than anything historically in the United States?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Those are some pretty funny replies.
Would be weird if it is actually a couple Anet employees fed up with their “communication policy”.

Posted by: Moderator.1056

Moderator.1056

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.