Coming back after a 6 month break

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

And I don’t notice any changes at all.

I stopped playing after the Tower of Nightmares patch because I was just highly disappointed with ArenaNets updates.

They always promised so much cool stuff that we would see through free updates, but all we got was this Living Story zergfest with one of the most terrible set of characters ever written and on the side a few permanent updates here and there.

Don’t get me wrong, the things we got were great, I’m really digging the WvW Seasons stuff, the Tequatl fight sounds great (never played it though) and the Aetherblade path was also a lot of fun. But it’s just too less compared to the amount of bad quality living story. I try to imagine what would’ve been possible if they used these ressources on more game advancing stuff.

This game had a lot of potential in my opinion. The combat system is engaging, the world is beautiful and the leveling is always fun. But combat lacks depth, PvP needs more love, WvW needs more tactical elements and PvE needs challenging content (not hard, challenging, there’s a difference).

Do we see anything of that after 18 months since launch with a pretty active developement team?
No. There are hints that they are actually thinking of some stuff, but most stuff is just Living Story.

So ArenaNet, I have a message for you. I beg you to turn down the living story in order for the other areas of the game, which have a really solid and fun foundation, to grow and thrive of your ideas. The concept of the Living Story is fine, it’s entertaining on a certain level but it will not do your game any good if you set your main focus on that.

Of course I am wrong in other people’s opinions and some of my facts may be outdated and wrong aswell, so leave your own opinion here, I’d like to read it.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The only 2 things I’ll add is that I know you write “bad living story”, you have missed some excellent chapters. OK, granted that probably makes you feel worse in that you can no longer replay them, but be careful about judging the Living STory when it has had some big improvements (including some of that challenging content you ask for – Teq/Wurm/Scarlet herself were just a start I would say)

As for new stuff, well April is shaping up to be a big overhaul of core features. Some of it is quality of life stuff rather than content, but it builds up when put together.

One of the key moments will come with the new season of Living STory. It still needs to change or improve more may be a better phrase. If it starts how Season 1 started, that doesn’t necs bode well for a section of the community who aren’t behind it.

As for me, I view this as just a game. What they do, is what they do at the end of the day – there are bigger issues in this world than anything GW2 has to worry about.

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Yes, but no matter how excellent these Living Story chapters are, they are gone now. They put all their work into them to make them so “excellent” just to take them out again. I don’t see anything left of this now, so what does it add to the game in terms of permanent quality?