Coming back after a long hiatus

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cgurps.2758

Cgurps.2758

Hey!

I am one of your random day 1 player, and I have been away from the game for at least a good year (almost two, I did came back for HoT, cleared most of the stuff and did some PvP, and went back right after, so I was back for only one month). Did quite decent speed runs in most dungeons, crafted one legendary, decent PvP rank (73, I think 80 was the max back then? And then leagues were introduced, but soon after I left), cleared a load of fractals.

So, what is the situation now? Is the game still alive and kicking, what content can I expect, how is the PvE/PvP situation (is there good stuff to craft, is it still the same difficulty to craft a legendary, are there still parties for every dungeon/high level fractal, is the queue for PvP still long and did the meta full boon/tank/block still there)?

Feel free to just drop a comment on how do you feel about the changes the game has gotten these past years/months.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Living World Season 3 is nearing an end. Perhaps, the announcement about the next expansion looms on the horizon. A click on the ‘Releases’ link above will show what’s been happening in the game the last couple of years.

Legendary Armor is here in a couple of days. The LFG still works for parties. A perusal of the PvP sub-forum would probably answer any PvP questions. I don’t ‘meta’, so I can’t comment on that.

Welcome return, and good luck.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Game is still busy, still has stuff to do. Fractals replaced dungeons, PvP and WvW are still there and busy, etc.

Dungeons are much less busy than they used to be, but I never have much trouble rounding up people for them if I try. Everything else is easy to pug, except perhaps raids, but that’s a “people want what the best raid guild does, nothing else” problem, not a lack of people problem.

Costs for legendaries are probably a bit lower than they were, and where the money goes has moved around. Crafting is still used for ascended gear, which remains the top tier. (Save legendary, which is a prettier version of, just as it was.)