Coming back to GW2 - Where to start?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

I left the game after playing for several months without a break a bit before Raids Wing 2 came out. I was a bit tired of the game after playing so much (x5 Lv80s and another two Lv40 characters during that time + Ascended gear… yeah I had a lot of free time) plus my guild wasn’t the best in terms of Raiding and the schedules were inconsistent, so the only thing I was interested in, Raids, wasn’t possible for me to do.

So now after several months I miss this game a bit and I’m considering to come back. So aside from the new Living World S3 content, what else could I do in the game? What has changed? What are your opinions on the current state of the game?

Also if you can tell me without spoiling, how good is S3? Is it exciting like fighting Mordremoth at the end (despite the endless bug) was?

I have a Lv80 Character boost that seems to be free waiting in my inventory and I have no clue why I have it. Does it expire? Hope not, because as I don’t remember which character I wanted to level first or which was a pain to level, Idk which one to use it in.

Sorry for so many questions and thank you to those that take their time in replying!

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

LWS3 is incredible, however you will not have access to part 1 unless you logged in while it was running. Since part 2 is still the current, you will get it for free.

Other than that, there have been small tweaks and added events throughout core Tyria as well. The 80 boost does not expire, but it is a one shot deal.

Over all I have found going back and playing through core story and revisiting HoT maps for loot and such.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Where to start?

Just keep on moving, nothing to see here.

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

LWS3 is incredible, however you will not have access to part 1 unless you logged in while it was running. Since part 2 is still the current, you will get it for free.

Other than that, there have been small tweaks and added events throughout core Tyria as well. The 80 boost does not expire, but it is a one shot deal.

Over all I have found going back and playing through core story and revisiting HoT maps for loot and such.

Loot is better now? I noticed the Mordrem Warbow drop like 40g (a bow I’ve been looking to buy for a while because it looks sick!) so either people are getting it more or there aren’t as many buyers.

And yeah I have Part 2 available but not part 1, I’m fine with it, is good enough that I have one part free

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

LWS3 incredible? Well I guess that’s a matter of opinion… Did it all in such a short period of time and so easy that I can’t even remember when I did it.. I think it was the third day it was out… into the story, out again a little later… so easy.. for me it was kind of boring… but that’s just me…

… just call me … Tim :)