Coming back to the game.....again.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Walker.7204

Walker.7204

For the 3rd or maybe the 4th time, after a bit of a break, I’m coming back to the game again, and excited about it.

It always feels like a brand new mmo when you come back after 6mo or longer, and I get a bit overwhelmed…but in a good way.

Not sure exactly where to start or what to start doing again. I have each of the jobs leveled to 80, so i probably need to pick just one and try to get adequate at it once again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, and glad to be back

Posted by: Roam.2807

Roam.2807

I do this as well, I think most people do and its not a bad thing. I think the way the content has been made right now (pre HoT) just gives you a chance to take a break, its nice because no sub, and come back when there’s stuff to do.

When did you stop playing last time?

To be the Man, You must Beat the Man.

Light Templa

Posted by: Dolphin.2574

Dolphin.2574

Since this it the first forum post for you, what did you do the last three times you came back?

The game hasn’t changed that much in permanent content with the exception of the Maguuma Wastes, so what ever you did the past three times, you have about the same options.

Walker.7204

It’s probably been atleast 6 months..maybe closer to a year. Last time I finished leveling thf and necro (my last 2 jobs to get to 80), and I also worked on crafting. I started crafting some ascended items.

I’ll probably just start by working on the dailies and monthlys, and hope to run into a helpful active guild to rejoin.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Monthlies are no more…just an FYI.

Welcome return!

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Howdy! I hope you have fun for however long you’re planning on staying.

Walker.7204

another quick question…. is there a release date for the expansion? I’m assuming it’s a paid expansion right?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It is a paid expansion, and there is no release date, as yet.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/105801626-Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-FAQ

Posted by: SinSama.2085

SinSama.2085

Im currently coming back as well! I wanted a new mmo to play Tera got boring and WoW got boring again so Back to Guild Wars 2! I remember it was the most fun iv had in a mmo ever.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

You might want to check out the silverwastes, personal story stuff, edge of the mists, pvp, those are what I can think of that’s gotten updates in the past year.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Walker.7204

Lol….I hopped back in and started doing the dailies on my Engineer. Wow, was that a mistake. I turned into a button masher while i was trying to figure out what I was doing.

Maybe I’ll switch over to my GS warrior, and take the degree of difficulty down a notch.

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Back too after a break, although a lot shorter than yours. Where is everybody? Go to Cursed Shore daily, only to find the maps fairly empty & same with Silverwastes, as I had assumed there would be a multitude of players there looking for portal keys.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Back too after a break, although a lot shorter than yours. Where is everybody? Go to Cursed Shore daily, only to find the maps fairly empty & same with Silverwastes, as I had assumed there would be a multitude of players there looking for portal keys.

I notice that SW is packed atm. You are prob unlucky enough to be getting into low population shards because so many have filled up by people using lfg to hop into the busier shards. There is definitely no shortage of people in SW.

Orr, well I find people in all zones thanks to the megaserver, but people will do Orr less since there is little reason or incentive to keep doing those zones now that everyone is in dry top and SW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

I notice that SW is packed atm. You are prob unlucky enough to be getting into low population shards because so many have filled up by people using lfg to hop into the busier shards. There is definitely no shortage of people in SW.

Orr, well I find people in all zones thanks to the megaserver, but people will do Orr less since there is little reason or incentive to keep doing those zones now that everyone is in dry top and SW

Did not think about the lfg tool.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

I took a bit of a break for a while, had internet issues but finally got something else and that works well. I think in the past year, the only real changes were lfg tool improvements, addition of dry top and silverwastes maps, and EOTM… which is … well just mentioning the obvious notable changes. Oh, and changes to the living story thingy…
But I guess for the most part, new content came and went, so we returned to basically the same thing. An actual expansion is coming though, which imo so needed it long ago instead of this temp content.

Randulf.7614

I took a bit of a break for a while, had internet issues but finally got something else and that works well. I think in the past year, the only real changes were lfg tool improvements, addition of dry top and silverwastes maps, and EOTM… which is … well just mentioning the obvious notable changes. Oh, and changes to the living story thingy…
But I guess for the most part, new content came and went, so we returned to basically the same thing. An actual expansion is coming though, which imo so needed it long ago instead of this temp content.

Just to add, the temporary content was stopped at the beginning of 2014 in response to feedback. The non festival content since is all permanent to enjoy, including all of season 2 living story. Nothing was removed.

Walker.7204

Just wanted to thank everyone for weighing in and all of the advice….2 days in now and I’m really enjoying my time back. Basically I’ve just been doing a world boss rotation on each of my jobs while trying to get my inventory and stuff straightened out.

It looks like I was halfway through crafting my 2nd ascended weapon when I stopped last time…now I just can’t remember what weapon I was going after (gs was my first), and also starting to take a lot of my crafts to at least 450.

My old guild was an uber-one with tons of people and it looks like they’re still around in droves, but I might go with a smaller group thi time round.

Randulf.7614

Just wanted to thank everyone for weighing in and all of the advice….2 days in now and I’m really enjoying my time back. Basically I’ve just been doing a world boss rotation on each of my jobs while trying to get my inventory and stuff straightened out.

It looks like I was halfway through crafting my 2nd ascended weapon when I stopped last time…now I just can’t remember what weapon I was going after (gs was my first), and also starting to take a lot of my crafts to at least 450.

My old guild was an uber-one with tons of people and it looks like they’re still around in droves, but I might go with a smaller group thi time round.

Remember, you can join multiple guilds

Walker.7204

True… But it also seems like most of the bigger ones seem to be 100% rep