Commander Chat

Commander Chat

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: matic.7843

matic.7843

I’ve noticed that the commanders have a hard time leading in WVW due to lack of transparency in the chat. I think you should add a chat option for them that would display in the middle of the screen so all the players would have an easier way noticing whats going on. I think it would be much better for everyone, especially for leaders. What you guys think?

Commander Chat

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

I agree, or at least have a blue color text in the chat area.

Commander Chat

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

You want to put a chat box in the middle of my screen during wvw(pvp). That doesnt sound like a bad idea to you at all?

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Commander Chat

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

There is the squad chat, but it’s rarely used because of militia

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Commander Chat

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

in the middle of the screen? wth?

Commander Chat

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

LOL? A chat box in the middle of the screen during something involving PvP? Okay…O_o

How about teamspeak. Mumble. Ventrilo. Ever heard of those? Good commanders join voice communication servers for their server, meet with their zerg and other commanders there and organize that way :O OMG! Problem solved. Mapchat really isn’t good for much except calling something out quick here and there for the map that is not on the voice com to see…

Commander Chat

matic.7843

Well I didn’t ment it has to be in the middle of the screen. It can be positioned on the bottom or right or left corner… it really doesn’t matter. My main point was just that it is written with bigger letters and can be visionable:)

Commander Chat

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

What if we just put the commander icon before their name in team chat? That way it’ll pop a little more, but not be a license to spam the middle of my screen. I suggest this only because no one uses squad chat.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Commander Chat

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

also, any decent commander would be using a voip, seriously, in the heat of battle, do you want your commander to stop in order to type commands in chat?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Commander Chat

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

Just imagine what would happen, as everyone is able to get a commander title. I would disable that chat channel immediately and I expect the majority will. So not really worth the development time and effort.

Commander Chat

matic.7843

also, any decent commander would be using a voip, seriously, in the heat of battle, do you want your commander to stop in order to type commands in chat?

I totally agree with you, but this would atleast be a nice alternative.

Commander Chat

Posted by: Xephens.3217

Xephens.3217

Any decent commander should be able to type fast even during battle he should be able to move and type. Besides that should we always go for 3rd party solutions?

Having a giant message in the middle of the screen when in combat is a bad idea. However a different color for commander chat is a good idea. Maybe with an alert option wich plays a notification sound when something is really urgent.

Someone abusing the commander tag and options? just block and ignore the person. The community will take care of the troller.

But don’t worry, we won’t see any of our bright idea’s here on the forums ingame. Maybe if we could buy these options with gems we may seem them in the future.

Commander Chat

matic.7843

what about above the minimap?:)

Commander Chat

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I do, because WvWvW isn’t that difficult. Its more of a pain to get 40 people on VOIP than just typing it out.