Commander tag

Commander tag

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: My Attack Will Kill.7816

My Attack Will Kill.7816

Commander tags should NOT be buyable for many people that don’t even know what to do with it.

suggestions make 2 version of commander tag a pve and pvp one

split the price of the two to 50 gold each + a required thing to do

the pve version can be earned by killing hardcore bosses like teq/ triple trouble or some other ways in pve

the pvp version can be rank required like atleast rank 100-200 before you can pay 50 gold for the commander tag

edit: And maybe remove all commander tags atm and return the 100 gold to the owner and then if they have enough rank or have killed any of the main bosses they can buy it back (the main bosses can be tracked with the achievements so that shouldn’t be to hard to retroactive this requirement

(edited by My Attack Will Kill.7816)

Commander tag

Posted by: psyckos.6893

psyckos.6893

I bought one that I only use for 2 purposes:

1. I use it when running with the champ trains when no other commander has theirs up so people can see where the train is instead of having to ask in map chat. I don’t bark orders. I’m just a beacon.

2. When doing temples in Arah, again, while no other commanders are showing their tag so people that just load into the map can see that a temple is being cleared so they can join in.

I don’t run teq or triple trouble and I would not show the tag if I did simply because I don’t know what to do at those events. Same for WvW. I let the commanders that are familiar with the scenario do what they do. If the commander clearly doesn’t know what’s going on, I don’t follow them.

Making me do something to receive the right to spend the gold I earned on a tag that I would never use at said thing is….well…..no. If you have a problem with certain commanders, bring it up to those commanders or block them in chat. Find another beacon to follow or become a beacon yourself.

Commander tag

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I host regular new player map runs (usually 10-15 players) and only use my tag for it. I’ve done this over 20 times and continue to do so when I have time. I bought my tag just for that purpose. It is a valuable tool and I would say my tag serves a purpose. So, no you can’t take my tag away just because you don’t know which tag to follow on a map or you can’t ignore a small icon.

The Burninator

Commander tag

My Attack Will Kill.7816

first of all this is a suggestion and an idea giving other ideas on top of this idea is the best way to find a solution maybe you could have suggested remove the pve requirement and just make a extra commander tag for pvp with a rank requirement

in pve i don’t have much problems with commander
but in wvw eotm if there is a commander there that doesn’t know what is happening that sucks

Commander tag

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

If only we could report the bad EotM commanders and have their tags permanently revoked. I would be in heaven.

Commander tag

My Attack Will Kill.7816

If only we could report the bad EotM commanders and have their tags permanently revoked. I would be in heaven.

nah i don’t like reporting people and they still payed 100gold for that thing

they just have to make a commander tag harder to get

every noob that plays for 5-10 days doing dungeons etc. can get it its way to easy and requires 0 skill and thats the reason of my suggestion

Commander tag

Posted by: Crimsonjr.4708

Crimsonjr.4708

They should just do a PvE/WvW Commander rank system like in WvW.
New skills for the Commanders like increase Exp for PvE or 5% damage for people in the Commanders squad

Mázai – Guardian
Legendary Jr – Engineer
Member of Cube on Piken

Commander tag

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Why don’t you become a commander yourself then ?
Or, even better, don’t follow them ?

Commander tag

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

New skills for the Commanders like increase Exp for PvE or 5% damage for people in the Commanders squad

Sadly that would left out others who are not on the Commander’s squad from that extra PvE experience (yes people WILL whine about this on the forums).

The Commander tag doesn’t needs any fancy extra loot or advantages, what it needs is the proper tools to organize people and know where’s everyone/trouble at.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Commander tag

My Attack Will Kill.7816

the thing is some people don’t like commanding or they know they suck at it

about that don’t follow them if there is only 1 commander in eotm where the big zerg always is even if the commander sucks what would you do ? free roam and get even less then to follow the bad commander ?

Commander tag

My Attack Will Kill.7816

Sadly that would left out others who are not on the Commander’s squad from that extra PvE experience (yes people WILL whine about this on the forums).

The Commander tag doesn’t needs any fancy extra loot or advantages, what it needs is the proper tools to organize people and know where’s everyone/trouble at.

i agree the commander tool doesn’t need anything extra except proper tools to organize + commander tag needs to be harder to get in my opinion

Commander tag

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

1. I use it when running with the champ trains when no other commander has theirs up so people can see where the train is instead of having to ask in map chat. I don’t bark orders. I’m just a beacon.

They still ask. Seriously.

Also thisthreadagain.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Commander tag

psyckos.6893

about that don’t follow them if there is only 1 commander in eotm where the big zerg always is even if the commander sucks what would you do ? free roam and get even less then to follow the bad commander ?

now I’m confused. You created the topic based off of what seemed like a poor experience(s) with commanders. The option is mentioned multiple times to follow another commander. You then say people are forced to follow the only commander in EotM and its horrible when they are bad. Other arguments were made suggesting becoming a commander yourself (which would add another commander to EotM and if you can spot a bad commander, you should be able to do better yourself, correct?)

Which of the following is accurate:

1. You don’t want to be a commander because you don’t like it.
2. You don’t want to be a commander because you’re not good at it.
3. You’ve been a part of massive organized units that have taken down wurm or teq and you only want to spend 50G on a tag because you cannot afford 100G.
4. You want your 100G back because of 1 and/or 2

Almost forgot possibility #5: You want 50G back because you already have a commander tag and just recently downed wurm or teq. Clever way to get a bonus 50G for an end game win. Kudos!

(edited by psyckos.6893)

Commander tag

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Bet he wants the 100g back tbh, Psy XD

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Commander tag

psyckos.6893

They still ask. Seriously.

Also thisthreadagain.

Very true but it does cut down on it

Commander tag

My Attack Will Kill.7816

now I’m confused. You created the topic based off of what seemed like a poor experience(s) with commanders. The option is mentioned multiple times to follow another commander. You then say people are forced to follow the only commander in EotM and its horrible when they are bad. Other arguments were made suggesting becoming a commander yourself (which would add another commander to EotM and if you can spot a bad commander, you should be able to do better yourself, correct?)

3. You’ve been a part of massive organized units that have taken down wurm or teq and you only want to spend 50G on a tag because you cannot afford 100G.

Almost forgot possibility #5: You want 50G back because you already have a commander tag and just recently downed wurm or teq. Clever way to get a bonus 50G for an end game win. Kudos!

1 and 2 if you really want to know

and number 3 doesn’t make sense if i would have commander tag which i don’t i cannot afford 100G? 100 gold is made in 5 days i already have full ascended armor and crap but i just don’t want to command because well reason 1 and 2

and with that said i don’t think you play eotm very much?

have you even seen a bad commander tag down? have you even seen a succesfull zerg being split into two or more groups because too many commander tags ? people start asking to tag down in eotm but the bad commander wont even lisen let alone that they understand English. first play eotm and then start commenting bullkitten thank you

and reason 5 whut ? even if you down the wurm or teq you would still have to pay 50 gold to get it (i know my wording is bad on OP but its says split it in 50 gold EACH) that is what my suggestion was but i already dropped that thing because people use it for other reasons in pve then kill the big bosses

(edited by My Attack Will Kill.7816)

Commander tag

JustTrogdor.7892

Most players in PvE and WvW that have been around awhile know which tags to follow and which to ignore. It only took me a few days my first time in WvW to learn what tags were bad and which were not. Sure new players might run astray but that is what /map is for to guide them to the proper tag. If you are mad at bad tags, be proactive and guide people to the proper tags via chat.

The Burninator

Commander tag

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

I would suggest a couple rules: Minimum Bronze General rank to buy a tag. No uplevel toons can sport the tag now that WxP is shared. Commanders MUST be in Team Speak OR have an assigned map chat person.

A nice to have: a rating system that allows those that join the squad of a commander to feed their results into a database that aggregates data and rewards THE COMMANDER AND THE PLAYERS for working well together.

Commander tag

My Attack Will Kill.7816

Most players in PvE and WvW that have been around awhile know which tags to follow and which to ignore. It only took me a few days my first time in WvW to learn what tags were bad and which were not. Sure new players might run astray but that is what /map is for to guide them to the proper tag. If you are mad at bad tags, be proactive and guide people to the proper tags via chat.

thats what we always try to do but

this is megaservers and eotm not everybody speaks english + not everybody reads chat some even have map chat on mute so

Commander tag

JustTrogdor.7892

this is megaservers and eotm not everybody speaks english + not everybody reads chat some even have map chat on mute so

Well unfortunately the players that don’t follow direction or have /map on probably fall into to the group of “bad players”. I hate using that term but they seem to fall into that category it probably doesn’t matter anyway no matter how tags are assigned. I’m NA server so I can’t speak for the language barrier.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Commander tag

psyckos.6893

and number 3 doesn’t make sense if i would have commander tag which i don’t i cannot afford 100G? 100 gold is made in 5 days i already have full ascended armor and crap but i just don’t want to command because well reason 1 and 2

have you even seen a bad commander tag down? have you even seen a succesfull zerg being split into two or more groups because too many commander tags ? people start asking to tag down in eotm but the bad commander wont even lisen let alone that they understand English. first play eotm and then start commenting bullkitten thank you

I wasn’t intentionally trying to bash you. I was trying to make sense of the request in the OP after reading some of your replies. Believe me, I have followed commanders that didn’t really know what was going on and I feel your pain (and pre-patch, your repair costs). I fall under categories 1 and 2 as well. I don’t like commanding, have never displayed the tag in anything other than champ trains and temple clears and I don’t think I would be a good commander in the ways they were designed to be used.

To answer your question since you answered mine, I haven’t played in EotM since it was in beta. I’ve seen horrible commanders and I’ve seen fantastic commanders. My thinking is the fantastic commanders started out as horrible commanders. If they want to show the tag and take the responsibility, perhaps they will learn from their mistakes. Limiting tags for new commanders to ones that meet the requirements you requested will leave out quite a few skilled players who just don’t care to run those events.

Commander tag

My Attack Will Kill.7816

Well unfortunately the players that don’t follow direction or have /map on probably fall into to the group of “bad players”. I hate using that term but since the seem to fall into that category it probably doesn’t matter anyway no matter how tags are assigned. I’m NA server so I can’t speak for the language barrier.

yeah i am on EU servers and with alot of languages its pretty hard to coordinate we even have commanders that don’t speak english so they just ignore good advice then someone else tagges up and the zerg gets split in half then we ask to let the bad commander tag down but they wont lisen or don’t understand us and then everything gets messed up

Commander tag

viralthefrog.6130

The obvious choice is to not follow them. So obviously, I do not follow them.
But where is your logic in telling me to become a commander myself?
When did I say I would want to be a commander? What makes you think that I care to be a commander?
I admit, I know I could do a much better job than plenty of awful commanders I see, but that does not mean that I want to.
There is no logic in saying, “Don’t like x commander, then tag up yourself.”
That’s like your boss saying, “I know you don’t like me because I’m incompetent, so go ahead and be the boss.” When you have never given any indication that you would want to be the boss.
Your logic is quite… illogical.

(edited by viralthefrog.6130)

Commander tag

My Attack Will Kill.7816

I wasn’t intentionally trying to bash you. I was trying to make sense of the request in the OP after reading some of your replies. Believe me, I have followed commanders that didn’t really know what was going on and I feel your pain (and pre-patch, your repair costs). I fall under categories 1 and 2 as well. I don’t like commanding, have never displayed the tag in anything other than champ trains and temple clears and I don’t think I would be a good commander in the ways they were designed to be used.

To answer your question since you answered mine, I haven’t played in EotM since it was in beta. I’ve seen horrible commanders and I’ve seen fantastic commanders. My thinking is the fantastic commanders started out as horrible commanders. If they want to show the tag and take the responsibility, perhaps they will learn from their mistakes. Limiting tags for new commanders to ones that meet the requirements you requested will leave out quite a few skilled players who just don’t care to run those events.

i am sorry to be so harsh then maybe my vision of commanders is wrong but is always tought a commander should have experience/skill and knowledge with the content he is commanding so putting a wvw rank req on the ‘pvp version’ would suggest that player played alot of wvw and actually knows his way around in eotm/eternal

from the pve perspective i was probably wrong thats why i already said i dropped that requirement

and why split pve and pvp well for the requirement if they are going to put a rank requirement on the tag it will hurt pve only commanders same for pvp only

Commander tag

Posted by: Swampedfox.4569

Swampedfox.4569

I think they should use the AP system to rank commanders into color codes.

Commander tag

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

I think the solution is giving the tags a ranking system… Players will +1 a commander theyliked…
After getting X ranks, tag will turn insert color here
After getting Y ranks, tag will turn insert another color here
And so on…
Also give an option to block rankings for those who use it as a beacon…
I think that could seperate the good ones, the bad ones and the beacons.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Commander tag

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

The obvious choice is to not follow them. So obviously, I do not follow them.
But where is your logic in telling me to become a commander myself?
When did I say I would want to be a commander? What makes you think that I care to be a commander?
I admit, I know I could do a much better job than plenty of awful commanders I see, but that does not mean that I want to.
There is no logic in saying, “Don’t like x commander, then tag up yourself.”
That’s like your boss saying, “I know you don’t like me because I’m incompetent, so go ahead and be the boss.” When you have never given any indication that you would want to be the boss.
Your logic is quite… illogical.

Oh, it’s perfectly logical. You just don’t see your hypocrisy.

You’re willing to revoke permanently ’’bad’’ EotM commanders, when you refuse to be a commander.

I bet you’ll be the first one to be upset if a ’’bad’’ commander get burned out by people like you, leave the game and nobody tags up, because who want command after seeing toxic people on the map ?

If your boss is willing to lead the team, when nobody wants, despite him being incompetent, then I believe people have nothing to say. It’s the same thing in EotM. If a commander tags up, despite being incompetent, that person is giving you and to everyone a shepherd to follow. Be glad someone is doing the dirty job you don’t want to.

Commander tag

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

Commander tags should NOT be buyable for many people that don’t even know what to do with it.

the pve version can be earned by killing hardcore bosses like teq/ triple trouble or some other ways in pve

the pvp version can be rank required like atleast rank 100-200 before you can pay 50 gold for the commander tag

edit: And maybe remove all commander tags atm and return the 100 gold to the owner and then if they have enough rank or have killed any of the main bosses they can buy it back (the main bosses can be tracked with the achievements so that shouldn’t be to hard to retroactive this requirement

So…you’re basically saying that people are not allowed to learn? Thats daft…
Like killing a bos or having whatever AP does make one a a good commander?
Even more daft..

Commanding is something you learn from experienced players/other commanders. A tag is nothing more then a sign of “here I am, follow me and stay close”

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Commander tag

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

This is getting out of hand, I’m seeing doritos EVERYWHERE when running world bosses. Was there a sale recently that I’m unaware of? LOL

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Commander tag

Posted by: Killdeer.7391

Killdeer.7391

I think to get a commander’s tag you should prove that in the real world you can hold a job, raise a family, and have an understanding of leadership. Else keep it where anybody can with in game currencies purchase.

Commander tag

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

WvW rank doesn’t make you a commander.. I would hazard the majority of WvW players could hit rank 200 in a few heartbeats whilst chugging there WXP pots and hiding amongst the 40+ hammer train zergfests…. add to that Auto attacking in a huddle during Teq/Wurm etc doesn’t prove anything either so were stuck with what we have, besides ANET likes it cos 100g often means gem sales.

Commander tag

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

There are some people who just lose their minds over a Commander Tag. Commanders aren’t some mystical Pied Piper and we’re not the rats that are forced to follow them. If you don’t want to follow a Commander, then don’t. If seeing eleventeen brazillion Commander tags on a map is the kind of thing that gets your skivvies all knotted up, then pick one and join his/her squad. Problem solved.

Commander tag

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

OP´s proposal will still not stop the ridiculous amount of trolling or whatever that is done with those tags. A different proposal: when a player wants to tag up, have a quick poll pop up for every player on the map (well, of the relevant faction only in WvW naturally), similar to the party kick mechanic, “player x wants to tag as commander, agree? yes/no”. Simple majority vote wins.

Commander tag

JustTrogdor.7892

OP´s proposal will still not stop the ridiculous amount of trolling or whatever that is done with those tags. A different proposal: when a player wants to tag up, have a quick poll pop up for every player on the map (well, of the relevant faction only in WvW naturally), similar to the party kick mechanic, “player x wants to tag as commander, agree? yes/no”. Simple majority vote wins.

Yes, because having a poll pop up on your screen every other minute every time someone wants to use their tag wouldn’t be obnoxious either.

The Burninator

Commander tag

Algreg.3629

Yes, because having a poll pop up on your screen every other minute every time someone wants to use their tag wouldn’t be obnoxious either.

lol, true, I actually did not consider this.

Commander tag

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

It’s this post again. Well you know what I’ll tell you my side of being a commander.

I don’t want to lead you, the average puggle. I want to lead because the strategy game of WvW is where I find my fun in GW2. I do not find fun the way the puggles think. I’ve just shut up about you because there is ultimately nothing I can do about you when I tag up and you show up. Yet you come to the forums with ideas like these because some commander didn’t get you the karma you expected to get that night or wiped constantly. This when you

• don’t get in the teamspeak
  • don’t follow my orders precisely
  • don’t build your character for WvW (i’m look at you bearbow ranger).
  • drop siege when I don’t want you to
  • don’t even show up when i call for a rally at the keep or spawn.
  • you bring your uplevel and you deign to put on toughness/vitality gear.

These are things I have no control over. Even getting pugs into TS is like driving a ball of cats through a car wash.

I want to lead a militia. I want to lead players who will put the progress of our server’s holdings above their personal gain. They’ll get in teamspeak, follow orders, build characters for GWEN metagame, hold on to their siege and show up promptly for a rally call. These are people I can lead because they are lead-able. These will help me win it and I’ll gladly lead them.

Being what I described as an average puggle is not lead-able. You’re only there for the karma and lootbags and could care less otherwise about the fight and how you help me win it. You’ll even kitten at me when I ask for you to get on TS. If you’re doing this and coming here to post these ideas about who should get a commander tag, wanting ANET to help you decide who to follow, I would strongly suggest you actually try to command.

Not just tag up and karma train empty structures but to actually fight against the enemy servers and try to win. Feel the burden I take on when I tag up, when anyone tags up. You’ll change your tune when your pugs come to the forums with posts of ideas like these and realize they’re targeted at you.

I provide the strategy, you provide the muscle to implement it. I can’t implement an elaborate plan to take stonemist without an army to do it. You can’t take stonemist because you don’t want to lead that fight. If my strategy is bad try to tell me. If you still don’t like it then lead yourself and implement your own strategy. Don’t come crying to forums after a night of wiping asking for ANET to help you decide who to follow. You’ll remember that commander’s name. Remember you don’t want to follow him anymore. That’s all it takes. Stop posting ideas like these until you’ve had a few hours of commanding under your belt.

A last note. Try to be a militia for your commander. Put aside your personal rewards, get in TS, and help him out. You’re all on the same server trying to win. There is no need for hostility toward each other. If you think he could have handled a situation better talk to him about it.

Little red Lioka

Commander tag

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

If you join the squad of the commander you like don’t you only see their tag?

Commander tag

Algreg.3629

There are some people who just lose their minds over a Commander Tag. Commanders aren’t some mystical Pied Piper and we’re not the rats that are forced to follow them. If you don’t want to follow a Commander, then don’t. If seeing eleventeen brazillion Commander tags on a map is the kind of thing that gets your skivvies all knotted up, then pick one and join his/her squad. Problem solved.

the problem is WvW. In pve content, commanders rarely serve any purpose and are easily ignored. But if you enter a WvW map and see 5 tags on your mini-map, it becomes kinda disruptive – especially when there is competitiveness involved or simply trolling that other commander guy.

Commander tag

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

@lioka qiao
You sir (or madame) get a +1. Very well said. This could easily be copypasta’d into every Commander complaint post and it would probably be 100% relevant every time.

the problem is WvW. In pve content, commanders rarely serve any purpose and are easily ignored. But if you enter a WvW map and see 5 tags on your mini-map, it becomes kinda disruptive – especially when there is competitiveness involved or simply trolling that other commander guy.

90% of my time is spent in WvW. When I see multiple Commander tags, I tend to pay attention to see which Commander is focusing on which objective. I also tend to ask in /m chat about who needs help. Ultimately, I try to make an educated decision about where +1 person might be the greatest benefit to our war effort at the time. Heck sometimes the best course is to support the Commanders by NOT being on a Commander tag (grabbing a camp before the tick, taking out a scout, preventing a couple of reinforcements from trickling in, scouting other gates to make sure the Commander’s forces aren’t just fighting the “distraction”, etc.)

The battlefield is very fluid and we really need to raise our own personal expectations of ourselves before we start pointing fingers at Commanders.

edit: (a disclaimer) I’m on Eredon Terrace and we oftentimes have the opposite problem I guess. I rarely see any sort of tag-trolling because frankly we can go for long stretches of time and not even have one single Commander tag on a map. Maybe I just don’t see it with the frequency that everyone else does. Maybe this is an incentive for awesome Commanders to join the ET Community. You’ll rarely be trolled by too many tags since there barely are any tags. [/ShamelessRecruitingBlurb]

(edited by Shademehr.1397)

Commander tag

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Few things:

-Guild missions needed significant coordination with PVE also a few of the hard world bosses needed the tags. Im a PVE commander

-WvW if you don’t know the good commanders on your server who do wvw each night are on mumble/TS and are proven you must not do WvW enough to be in the know.

-Lastly romming multiple groups is strategy and tags lets you keep track of them. You must have never seen 12 squads coordinate to take everything at once. Dispersion is especially good strage vs karma trains and large zergs.

Community WvW is strong on most servers->I’m on magguma and we got at least 20 commanders that do rotations on different maps are are extremely well known. In fact I would argue only reason we cant break tier 1 wall is no morning coverage but that is an issue with most servers. WvW commanders you can tell how experienced they are by fallowing them for a few mins (do they supply up do they do supply checks do they drop right amount of siege and type for what they are taking do they drop siege themselves).

Commander tag

Posted by: Crimsonjr.4708

Crimsonjr.4708

Well how about ratings. Like rating if a Commander is Good or Bad. If they are good then the tag will slowly start to change to a dark colour with the more rankings they get. Basic Commanders or rubbish ones just stay at blue
Or even do it with time based in WvW/EoTM and the amount of towers captured

Mázai – Guardian
Legendary Jr – Engineer
Member of Cube on Piken

Commander tag

viralthefrog.6130

Lioka Qiao, I have never been asked by a commander to join vent/ts/mumble/what have you.
I would be in that channel in a heartbeat with my headset plugged and ready to go.

Well, maybe not a heartbeat… I don’t actually have vent or mumble installed at the moment. Would take me the time to download those, first.

Commander tag

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Its just that every time this idea comes up I would almost guarantee you it was triggered by someone who followed a commander they didn’t like for some reason, be it no karma, always wiping, just tooling around doing nothing. Why else would someone ask for a way to mark commanders, give them ranks with icon changes, etc. If he’s leadin you just fine you don’t notice. It’s when he makes you angry that you come to the forums with these ideas.

If you had another motivation then great. That’s the way the idea should be brought up. If you want to genuinely help the commanders on your server you’ll bring up an idea that helps them. If you just want anet to help you find out who to follow you’ll propose an idea that implements commander ranks or marks without regard to the fact that they will be used to segregate good commanders from bad ones, most of the time unfairly.

It’s like World of Warcraft’s achievement linking and how it got used to filter out players for raids.

Little red Lioka

Commander tag

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Well how about ratings. Like rating if a Commander is Good or Bad. If they are good then the tag will slowly start to change to a dark colour with the more rankings they get. Basic Commanders or rubbish ones just stay at blue
Or even do it with time based in WvW/EoTM and the amount of towers captured

Not trying to bring down your suggestion but I hardly see this being implemented.

If a commander is bad in a borderland people will eat them alive, so he will eventually tag down. And if he/she doesn’t then people will stop following them, simple as that.

If a commander is bad in EotM… NOBODY cares, EotM is a map in which people only go to farm karma and levels, you can be the worst commander in the borderlands but as long as you are capturing things in EotM nobody cares.

We don’t need to waste time on indicators for bad commanders, that’s easily spot-able as of now, what we need is to improve the tag with actually useful commands.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Commander tag

Posted by: xerxes.3496

xerxes.3496

the officers in my guild have tags in order to show people on the map where they are during guild events. a couple of them are becoming good commanders in WvW. the rest of them would never tag up in WvW and have no desire to.

so the tags can be used for more than just commanding.

i agree that there are some really bad commanders out there. but how do you force them not to command?

some of my guildmates and pretty much every other person on the map were yelling at one commander during the marionette event. he kept trying to tell people to do things that were amazingly stupid. he kept insisting that his way worked while all the other commanders told him he was an idiot. he continued trying all the time during the marionette with the same dumb tactics. he is a good example of having 100g doesnt make you a good commander.

Commander tag

Posted by: Submariners do it deeper.2870

Submariners do it deeper.2870

I just wish the commander tag was account bound. i dont want to spend 100g for each toon of mine to get a tag.

Commander tag

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Problem is how can you police someone for using a tag “correctly” or not?

I agree with the idea of creating different kinds of tags in the future, though I would worry about the maps becoming flooded with a rainbow of tags — especially if we were to lower the price of tags as you suggest. If anything I’d say we should raise the cost of a tag, as 100g was intimidating at launch but just isn’t today in this market. Adding an achievement prerequisite is also a good idea on paper — but what would qualify someone as a good WvW, PvE, Guild commander?

Only someone that is pro at killing Teq and/or Triple Threat makes a good PvE commander?

Only someone that has killed 20,000 players in World vs. World is a good WvW commander?

I don’t believe so.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Commander tag

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

These are things I have no control over. Even getting pugs into TS is like driving a ball of cats through a car wash.

So being a commander gives you the right to tell me what software to put on my computer? Get kittened. I don’t want your voice in my home. If a commander can’t be bothered to put a two or three word comment into chat for people who don’t (for whatever reason) have teamspeak then that commander isn’t one to follow.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Commander tag

Posted by: Jaycen.2591

Jaycen.2591

Do players think that things like Commander tags can be “earned”? Who are you to declare what a good Commander is or isn’t?

Does this need to actually be explained to people? If you think a Commander stinks, then ignore him. Block him.

Goodness, but people have some really unrealistic expectations on the internets.

Obstacles cannot crush me; every obstacle yields to Stern Resolve.

Commander tag

Posted by: Jaycen.2591

Jaycen.2591

Problem is how can you police someone for using a tag “correctly” or not?

I agree with the idea of creating different kinds of tags in the future, though I would worry about the maps becoming flooded with a rainbow of tags — especially if we were to lower the price of tags as you suggest. If anything I’d say we should raise the cost of a tag, as 100g was intimidating at launch but just isn’t today in this market. Adding an achievement prerequisite is also a good idea on paper — but what would qualify someone as a good WvW, PvE, Guild commander?

Only someone that is pro at killing Teq and/or Triple Threat makes a good PvE commander?

Only someone that has killed 20,000 players in World vs. World is a good WvW commander?

I don’t believe so.

Exactly. There are Commanders who I can’t stand, but a lot of other people like them. Tell you what, if this cat were the king-of-acceptable-behavior, ANET would go bankrupt in a hurry.

Freedom. Freedom to play as you like, and freedom to choose your acquaintances. Exercise your freedoms.

Obstacles cannot crush me; every obstacle yields to Stern Resolve.