Can we get a green one ? Please ?

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

Commander tag

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Quite honestly, I think the few colors are a bit of a poor selection as it is. Not just in colors, but also in the look of the symbols. I wish we could choose between offensive and defensive types of icons. Like a defend icon, attack icon, dolyak or train icon. Maybe even an event icon (for community event hosts). The commander tag has a wide range of uses, yet for some reason we only have these simple WvW tags in just a few colors.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Commander tag

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

hmmmm……I just like green But I can see your point.

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

Commander tag

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

black and white?

Commander tag

Posted by: Evian.8741

Evian.8741

Green would be lovely.

It would be cool to see different icons as well, but that’s less of a concern as my server has just dedicated colors to each of the tags. Yellow is a guild commander, Purple is our multipurpose tag for havoc squads or golem/mesmer commander during rushes, etc. It’s been working quite well for us.

Commander tag

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Quite honestly, I think the few colors are a bit of a poor selection as it is. Not just in colors, but also in the look of the symbols. I wish we could choose between offensive and defensive types of icons. Like a defend icon, attack icon, dolyak or train icon. Maybe even an event icon (for community event hosts). The commander tag has a wide range of uses, yet for some reason we only have these simple WvW tags in just a few colors.

Even if ArenaNet went so far as to make different shaped icons and labeled them for such use – It would STILL be up to the commander/player to choose which to use. Since that is the case and we already have four colors, why not just pick what each color means as a community and stick with it?

As for asking for more colors, I’m against it. I already find it difficult to enjoy sometimes when it looks like someone tasted way too much of the rainbow and then vomited it back up on my map.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Commander tag

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

2 Points

• I also was hoping for green as a commander color too but,
  • I opened up the Map/Mission Map and after considering about 75 of the Non-Norn/Char maps are Green I figured that maybe ANet thought the practicality of green on green would be ill advised.

Commander tag

Posted by: InfernoHero.5687

InfernoHero.5687

2 Points

• I also was hoping for green as a commander color too but,
  • I opened up the Map/Mission Map and after considering about 75 of the Non-Norn/Char maps are Green I figured that maybe ANet thought the practicality of green on green would be ill advised.

You are likely one of three people that realized this quickly. Good on ya.