Commander tag suggestion

Commander tag suggestion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Coodles.6198

Coodles.6198

Since we are getting a little update to Commander tags in September, I thought I would give a suggestion that I think would be greatly appreciated by all the WvW enthusiasts. This, or something similar, may have been suggested before; but I could not find anything like it in the forums.

So my idea basically is that when someone turns on their Commander tag, a new utility bar would show up (possibly above the current utility bar, and just move the buff/condi bars up a little). This utility bar would be filled with icons for all the siege/traps in the game. A small number would show how many the commander has left, or be dimmed/grayed out if they don’t currently have any of that siege. There could even be a few slots for the EoTM items you can use like the airstrike canisters and such, although I think using it for siege is the best/most useful.

The Commander could just click on the icon he needs at the moment and have it ready to throw out. I think this would be a great quality of life improvement for commanders. This way they can have access to their siege much easier/faster and don’t have to rummage through their bags to get what they need in the heat of battle.

While new colors are definitely nice, I think the community was hoping for more substantial improvements to the Commander system after two years of playing. Especially if the price is being raised by 200g. There are other things I could list that I think would improve the system, but I’ll just share this one for now.

Thoughts?

(NA) (HoD) Leader of Cherry [BOMB]! Now recruiting new/experienced players!

(edited by Coodles.6198)