Common clothing

Common clothing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sundgot.5708

sundgot.5708

Hello!
I recently stumbled upon one of my good old “common clothes” tonics, and I must say that I really do miss those racial clothes that were given to us. It’s been awhile since the wardrobe changes were added to the game, but I was wondering if it could be possible to add the “common clothes”-tonic back as an outfit. They are all well suited as outfits in my opinion.

I imagine that it could be a great starter outfit, a way to introduce new players to the outfits of the game. It really is a shame that we rarely get to see these clothes in the game anymore, as they further display cultures of the different races.

Let me know what the rest of you think

Common clothing

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

We all miss the town clothing customisation. Arenanet deleted the system for New better stuff —>> outfits! Were you can customate your outfit up to 4 different dyes! Omg! Mindblowing!

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Common clothing

Posted by: sundgot.5708

sundgot.5708

Though I also enjoyed the old town cloth system, I can understand why they removed the option to mix and match as it probably added more work and gave more restrictions to what they could make. What I am suggesting however is simply to bring back the starter clothes that we were given on the launch of the game, which is currently imprisoned in a tonic. Just bring the complete set back as an outfit. Despite the limits to personal customization of an outfit, I still love outfits and will gladly throw my gems at them :P

Common clothing

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’d like the town clothes that became tonics to become outfits so I can wear them in combat and dye them.

Common clothing

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree completely. I have no idea why the original town clothes became a tonic instead of an outfit. I know it’s not possible to keep them as separate pieces to mix-and-match but considering there was a complete set it should be easy to combine them into an outfit like they did with the pirate and chef costumes. (And we know from the wedding outfit they can have ones which change based on your race and sex so that’s not a problem either.)

Like you I thought it would be a perfect ‘starter outfit’ and may actually lead to more gem store sales. At the moment you can completely ignore the outfit tab unless you’ve already bought one, or you got the free one for having an account before Play-for-Free was introduced. But if new players (and everyone else) got a free outfit to start with, like we used to with town clothes, and were told about it when they first unlock outfits, it would give them a reason to go into the tab and experiment with the functionality and then they’d be more likely to buy others.

But also I just miss my town clothes. I used to use them regularly (I even had a keybind set to switch between them) and ever since the wardrobe update the tonics have been sat in my private guild bank, because they’re not worth using and not even worth selling.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Common clothing

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We all miss the town clothing customisation. Arenanet deleted the system for New better stuff —>> outfits! Were you can customate your outfit up to 4 different dyes! Omg! Mindblowing!

No, we don’t all miss it; the old system was really awful in my opinion. The only thing I miss is that they never added some of the old skins to the wardrobe.

The new system is easier-to-use, easier (for me) to obtain charges for swapping, and is account-wide, permanently (instead of temporary and character-bound).

I also like the outfit system: when I’m leveling a character, I don’t have to transmute to maintain the look just because I get new gear.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Common clothing

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

No, we don’t all miss it; the old system was really awful in my opinion. The only thing I miss is that they never added some of the old skins to the wardrobe.

The new system is easier-to-use, easier (for me) to obtain charges for swapping, and is account-wide, permanently (instead of temporary and character-bound).

I also like the outfit system: when I’m leveling a character, I don’t have to transmute to maintain the look just because I get new gear.

Levelling? You mean click on 80 ToK right?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Common clothing

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

They should be converted into outfits already. They are rigged, scaled, textured, coloring masks are there. Old default town clothes could be an outfit unlocked at cc, rest of the tonics, well why not tradeable unlockables.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Common clothing

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No, that’s not what I mean.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Common clothing

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I mean clicking on a birthday scroll and 50-60 tomes.