Community Needs Help

Community Needs Help

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

Guild halls are a step in the right direction but the game needs more to encourage people to work together.

Right now classes and content is so independent that you don’t really need to socialize or party for much. This kind of stigma creates a community that is alot more toxic because players don’t feel the need to play with one another to be successful. This leads to more foulness, more shaming, more segregation, etc. This is due to players not really needing one another.

When you play games that have class dependencies, you tend to respect your healers, tanks, or people good at their roles because you aren’t clearing content without them. Inter-dependencies also create camaraderie as players get used to playing with one another or learn how one class best compliments another.

Not saying the trinity needs to be revived, but more needs to be done to emphasize that a party is more fun, more rewarding, and more fun to play with than just yourself and possibly your ranger pet or minions.

In large scale zergs the comraderie is still there because players don’t need to group or be dependent on others to be successful. Dungeons have all become speed runs where parties break without much communication at the end due to zerk meta.

Community Needs Help

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Well HoT comes with “Challenging Group Content” so only time will tell

Community Needs Help

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

My experiences in Silverwastes are generally the kind of community you are looking for. And my guess is that Silverwastes is like a prototype of how (parts of) new zones in HoT will be designed.

Community Needs Help

Posted by: MikeE.5947

MikeE.5947

Well HoT comes with “Challenging Group Content” so only time will tell

I just hope it’s not AI with a million xp and immune to all conditions xD

Community Needs Help

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The game I’ve been playing sounds a lot different from the OP’s. I don’t see any sort of toxicity on a regular basis during group events, and I participated in all of Living Story #1. Dry Top improved upon those challenges and Silverwastes has done it better still (although I could have lived without the RNG grind of mordrem parts). Players come together randomly to handle substantial challenges and it’s one of the things I really enjoy about GW2.

tl;dr I think the game already encourages people to work together.
(I’m not against making guilds more useful; I just disagree about the reasons.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Community Needs Help

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

When you play games that have class dependencies, you tend to respect your healers, tanks, or people good at their roles because you aren’t clearing content without them.

I know this is anecdotal, but when I played WoW and pugged, I’d find that at least one person most groups I was in would shout at the healer or tank for the smallest slip-up even if they were in the wrong. As I said, it’s anecdotal and you may have had a different experience, but I didn’t find that to be the case in most of my groups.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.