Compact Bags should stack items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chickenooble.5014

Chickenooble.5014

Am I the only one that thinks hitting ‘Compact’ should condense stacks of stackable items?

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

It does.

It just does not stack equipment.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

it does.

if you have more than 2 not full stacks, you need to click compact a few times.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Speaking of stacks. Why can’t these stack? Taking up 2 bank tabs for same item.

:(

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Because those aren’t the “same” item — they have the same name, but two different IDs. (Some of us have speculated that they intended originally to offer the second one with a different number of levels and then changed their mind.) Of course, it would be better if ANet converted all of the items into the same ID, but … well, that takes extra effort (and QA) and I’d just as soon see that effort put into some new items.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Chickenooble.5014

Chickenooble.5014

it does.

Interesting. I had two stacks of silk — one with 14, the other with 17. I hit compact and it didn’t stack. I’ll try compacting more next time. Thanks.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Yeah, my bank character has over 100 stacks dragonite ore with the last stack not completely full. Now if I use Princess the first stack will be used and (if Princess only eats 4 times) remain at 50 items. To merge the first stack with the last one I have to klick compact more than 100 times.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Yeah, my bank character has over 100 stacks dragonite ore with the last stack not completely full. Now if I use Princess the first stack will be used and (if Princess only eats 4 times) remain at 50 items. To merge the first stack with the last one I have to klick compact more than 100 times.

Yeah, that’s how they work. Princess will use the first stack, and compact will merge the first stack and the second, and so on. Next time just move the last stack to the first stack and use Princess.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Yeah, that’s how they work. Princess will use the first stack, and compact will merge the first stack and the second, and so on. Next time just move the last stack to the first stack and use Princess.

Of course I can always merge the stacks manually by dragging the last one onto the first one until the first one is at 250 items, but it would be nice if the compact function did this.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

it does.

Interesting. I had two stacks of silk — one with 14, the other with 17. I hit compact and it didn’t stack. I’ll try compacting more next time. Thanks.

Was the 17 in a sortable bag? (Ie not an invisible, oil, crafting, fractal, etc. bag) If it was, it should have stacked them. If it was in one of the other kinds, I don’t believe it will move it.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Because those aren’t the “same” item — they have the same name, but two different IDs. (Some of us have speculated that they intended originally to offer the second one with a different number of levels and then changed their mind.) Of course, it would be better if ANet converted all of the items into the same ID, but … well, that takes extra effort (and QA) and I’d just as soon see that effort put into some new items.

That’s what I figured but it is kind of annoying.. Same thing has happened to my tomes as well. I have a stack of 170 and another stack of 7. They just won’t stack :/

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel