Compass Event Prioritization Sucks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: S M I K E R.1604

S M I K E R.1604

If I’m trying to complete an area of the map in my case the Fields of Ruin, I do not need my compass to only show the events that are taking place in the area. I need it to show me where to go to uncover an unexplored area and find the singular hero point that I need to finish the area. It is infuriating when your only purpose for being in an area is to complete it, and you are being directed towards a community event that will be repeated again in a half hour that means nothing to you personally. The compass should not be prioritizing infinitely repeating community events until finite goals like completely exploring the area have been completed, this game isn’t pay to play, you do not need to waste your customers time in such a way.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Have you tried changing the Content Guide (in Options) to “Hide Events and Personal Story”?

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

If I’m trying to complete an area of the map in my case the Fields of Ruin, I do not need my compass to only show the events that are taking place in the area. I need it to show me where to go to uncover an unexplored area and find the singular hero point that I need to finish the area. It is infuriating when your only purpose for being in an area is to complete it, and you are being directed towards a community event that will be repeated again in a half hour that means nothing to you personally. The compass should not be prioritizing infinitely repeating community events until finite goals like completely exploring the area have been completed, this game isn’t pay to play, you do not need to waste your customers time in such a way.

The hero point you’re looking for is either in the extreme NE or NW corner of Fields of Ruin. Most of us found that one by looking it up.

It’s never a waste of time to look things up if you don’t know them. We’re nothing more than the sum of our knowledge. -Sid

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

So you’re looking for additional functionality that is more specific to what your current in games objectives are. Wow had an addon called tom tom that when combined with other addons could be very specific to current needs.

For better or worse, ANET doesn’t believe in addon’s, for a number of reasons. The reason that might interest you is that something like that is ingrained in the programming (since they don’t allow 3rd party addons) and the game becomes bloatware for alot of people who don’t have computer’s that can handle the load.

gw2 design path integrates alot of internet searches and social interaction to figure out nooks and crannies of the game.

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Also, you’re probably looking for the notoriously bugged Hero Challenge in Fields of Ruin that fails to appear sometimes. I’m pretty sure logging out and in again, or re-entering the map fixes it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scrabclaw's_Roost

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Also, you can hover your mouse over Hero Challenges in the legend, and if the Hero Challenge is not ‘borked’, it should be highlighted with a beacon on the map.

Good luck.

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

Also, you can hover your mouse over Hero Challenges in the legend, and if the Hero Challenge is not ‘borked’, it should be highlighted with a beacon on the map.

Good luck.

This will not work if the portion of the map where the missing hero points are located has not been uncovered – at least, for me it doesn’t.