Compensation for Copper-fed Salvage-o-Matics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Funtast.6459

Funtast.6459

Q:

Hi,

I’d like to get a compensation for too many bought Copper-fed Salvage-o-Matics for most characters, which was expensive.
This would improve customer satisfaction.

Reason: Because of the shared inventory slots, which made more than 1 Copper-fed Salvage-o-Matic needless (got about 11). Shared inventory slots could have been implemented at beginning of the public game, but were not. So first all buy Salvage-o-Matics and second all buy shared inventory slots.

Replacement ideas:
- 1 Silver-fed Salvage-o-Matic for x Copper-fed Salvage-o-Matics
- Infinite Mist Potions
- Bag Slot Expansions
- sendable as a gift for friends
- gems

Please all push this wish to the ArenaNet dev cloud =)

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

A:

I thought I had 3 but found a 4th recently ;-(

Think that ship has sailed already as they offered refunds so I’d let it rest.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Have you tried logging a support ticket?

I think that they did entertain some of these requests when they first introduced shared inventory slots but as these slots were introduced over a year ago you might be too late now.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

They only offered refunds on ones purchased just before shared slots were added, saying that we’d gotten enough use out of the older ones. I can safely say that I didn’t and that some compensation would be nice.

Funtast.6459

I sent a ticket before opening this topic, but they stated, that I won’t get a refund, because I used the Salvage-o-Matics many years.

So, long-time players don’t get a refund, but players, which bought them close to the introduction of shared inventory slots maybe got refunds …

this makes me teary :’(

Posted by: Imperator Nox.7509

Imperator Nox.7509

I think this is the wrong way to go about thinking regarding shared slots. Using this justification, you can ask for a refund for pretty much anything you have more than one instance of. Why not ascended equipment? After all, you can take it off, put it in the slot, and use it on another toon (assuming same armor type). And why stop there?

It is inevitable that new UI options will obviate some past functionality. While I agree with OP’s particular case (assuming I’m understanding correctly that you had JUST bought them prior to obtaining shared slots, and have not had the chance to even use some of them), I think one needs to consider that fact (about UI changes) as the first step.
PS – I also have a ton of them.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I can’t understand why you waited over a year after the shared inventory slots were released to complain about this?

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

The idea of being able to recycle these and other items really appeals to me. I got great use out of all my salvage-o-matics so I don’t see any reason for a refund. But being a person who hates to waste things, it would be nice if we could trade them in for black lion tickets, or mystic forge them for something else like a special mini. Prior to the shared slots they were a wonderful convenience I do not regret buying the ones I bought. But some sort of recycle program for stuff would be wonderful.

Posted by: mobile storage.1294

mobile storage.1294

All of this was addressed as soon as the shared slot was introduced for other things like unlimited tools as it was deemed that we had gotten our moneys worth out of them.
Now why wasn’t there a crystal ball on sale at the time

Funtast.6459

@Aerinndis.2730: you catched my true intention ;D

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I sent a ticket before opening this topic, but they stated, that I won’t get a refund, because I used the Salvage-o-Matics many years.

So, long-time players don’t get a refund, but players, which bought them close to the introduction of shared inventory slots maybe got refunds …

this makes me teary :’(

This is like any refund policy on any item anywhere. The longer you own something, the harder it is to return it. That’s just logic.

Most places will allow you to exchange something in 7 days for pretty much any reason. I know places that have a 30 day return policy. A 90 day return policy is considered generous.

You talk about loyalty. I could have bought a couple of them years ago, and then left the game for two years and then come back and want a refund on them. How old it is doesn’t necessarily make you more loyal.

I agree that people who bought them should have received SOMETHING for them, but to say that it’s bad that people who recently bought them shouldn’t be entitled to a refund is not really very logical in my opinion.

And yeah, I have seven of them.

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

The idea of being able to recycle these and other items really appeals to me. I got great use out of all my salvage-o-matics so I don’t see any reason for a refund. But being a person who hates to waste things, it would be nice if we could trade them in for black lion tickets, or mystic forge them for something else like a special mini. Prior to the shared slots they were a wonderful convenience I do not regret buying the ones I bought. But some sort of recycle program for stuff would be wonderful.

This covers my position as well. I think I have 8 or 9 of them, and have definitively gotten good use out of them. But now they’re sitting in my bank, because I don’t have the heart to delete them.

Would like something I could do with them, even if just the ability to gift them away to friends and guild members I’d be happy.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

These were account bound right from the start, correct? If so, then buying multiples of them was a bit overkill, and you were paying extra for the simple convenience of not having to walk to the bank in order to transfer the salvage-o-matic between characters.

As a person who has bought many unlimited gathering tools (and a few extra shared slots), I get the mentality behind paying extra for a little extra convenience. However, in keeping with the “convenience” mentality, you should keep in mind that the shared slots do not negate that convenience. They may offer additional convenience should you choose to place one of your salvage-o-matics there, but by owning a salvager for each character, you are able to free up that shared slot for something else. Therefore, owning extra salvage-o-matics is still a convenience to you.

I think with this in mind, and also bearing in mind that refunds typically only happen within a week or so of purchase, it’s unlikely that you’ll ever get refunded for the extras.

Let’s say I buy a bicycle this year and ride it all around town as my main form of transportation. It’s more convenient for me to get around this way than by walking, as it’s faster and less strenuous. Next year, the company that sold me the bike offers me a job with lots of benefits, one of which being a company car. The car is more convenient than the bike so I don’t really need the bicycle anymore, but the company isn’t going to give me a refund on the bike. I bought it a year ago and I’ve been riding all year round. And I can still ride that bike anytime I want, because I bought it and I own it, even if the car is the easier option.

Posted by: Auburn.2456

Auburn.2456

You do know you could have put it in your bank and pull it, out on your other toons. Its your fault for just being lazy. Question: Do you have all your crafts mastered on one toon? Or did you make something and put in bank and pick it up on the toon that needed it? Please stop blaming others because you cant spend 30 seconds on placing items in a bank and taking them out.

Justine.6351

I don’t get people thinking that its the fault of the player that they bought too many copper machines that were later made irrelevant by shared inventory slots that pretty much targeted things like unlimited salvage kits and unlimited npc summons.

After shared inventory slots came out people that had more than one unlimited salvage machine had 1 of 3 choices,

-don’t buy shared inventory slots out of spite
-delete extras
-put in bank thinking anet might add another legitimate option for them

instead they put their fingers in their ears and for some reason have players defending that response.

drunkenpilot.9837

But Justine, the shared inventory slots didn’t make any of this stuff irrelevant. The salvage-o-matic was always account bound. You could always transfer it between characters. The shared slot just removed a step from that process—instead of walking yourself to the bank to deposit it and then pick it up with a different character, you can put it in this slot and transfer it over that way instead.

Nothing has changed. Nothing has been made irrelevant. If you have 30 characters each with their own copper-fed and silver-fed salvage-o-matics, along with a full set of unlimited salvage kits, and each with their own infinite repair tool, permanent hair stylist contract, permanent trading post contract and permanent merchant contract, then you have the ultimate in convenience.

You can buy 30 of an account bound item, one for each character. That’s absolutely a thing that you can do. But you don’t get to turn around and blame Anet a year later because you realize you made (what some might consider) a foolish decision in buying so many duplicates.

And regarding the NPC summons, If you actually purchased multiple permanent NPC summon contracts, that’s a really silly waste of gold.

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

AFAIK support only refunds gem purchased items if you write them within 30 days or have very special circumstances.

I say this as someone with two extra salvage kits wasting space in his bank.

(edited by roamzero.9486)

Justine.6351

But Justine, the shared inventory slots didn’t make any of this stuff irrelevant. The salvage-o-matic was always account bound. You could always transfer it between characters. The shared slot just removed a step from that process—

If you have an open slot for transferring an unlimited salvaging kit why wouldn’t you just leave the kit there. You can use the kit from it…

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

But Justine, the shared inventory slots didn’t make any of this stuff irrelevant. The salvage-o-matic was always account bound. You could always transfer it between characters. The shared slot just removed a step from that process—

If you have an open slot for transferring an unlimited salvaging kit why wouldn’t you just leave the kit there. You can use the kit from it…

I think the point is that you could always have had 1 salvage kit that you used on your current character and pass that kit between characters using the bank. It’s what I did. The shared slots just removed the bit where you need the bank.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think the point is that you could always have had 1 salvage kit that you used on your current character and pass that kit between characters using the bank. It’s what I did. The shared slots just removed the bit where you need the bank.

Or they could have used all those gems that they spent on multiple salvage kits, exchanged them for gold and bought a permanent bank access and used that to put the salvage kit in the bank. Still have to go and pick them up later when you swap chars but saves that much time.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Aerinndis.2730

I don’t feel that being able to recycle items such as the salvage-o-matic is really compensation just because I chose to buy multiples for the uber convenience. I just like the idea that stuff that may no longer be as relevant can be re-purposed or salvaged.

I imagine that maybe somewhere there is this huge virtual landfill full of stuff we can no longer use, lol. It just seems wasteful to have to chuck stuff into the landfill… Actually it would be fun to be able to go through it and look for stuff folk threw out by accident…

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t see why any purchase should be regarded as future proof, unless the game literally changes within a few weeks or if they took them away. I mean, recipes became account bound instead of Soulbound; should I get a refund for the extra recipes?

I mean, should anyone get a refund for any possible duplicate that could fit into a shared inventory slot? You don’t need to put it in that slot; you can put other things in there too.

I think it just sets a bad precedent, because it creates major disincentive for them to introduce more QoL things if people demand mass refunds at every turn.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

would be nice if they added an npc where we can give back gemshop items like these for a smaller part of what they usually cost

something like 20-50% gems back maybe
No full refund since you did get some use out of the item but at least something for making it obsolete now

so you dont just have to delete them which really feels wrong

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You should be able to Mystic Forge them.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Since there are some of us that still own Copper-fed Salvage-o-Matics that are just sitting in our banks and we won’t get compensation I suggest this:

Make them kittenable Mystic Forge item that has a higher chance than usual (talking around 7%) to get a precursor.

Result: No more complains about this and a few happy players.

Ez.

Aerinndis.2730

I think we should be able to make a salvage-o-matic mini out of them!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Why would they be refunded where they still perform the same function before the shared slots as they did after. Nothing about the item itself was changed. All that shared slots give was the ability to not go through the process of swapping it between characters using the bank.

Posted by: WelperReaper.6312

WelperReaper.6312

why don’t you just put those Copper-fed Salvages in your in your individual character inventory and use that share inventory slot for something else? share inventory slot is not design solely for Copper-fed Salvages as you can use it on almost anything.. if you can get a refund on some cheap gem store item then what about those who have multiple permanent contracts such as bank contracts that have been account bound? how would they feel then?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I agree. It would be nice to be able to mystic forge or turn them into the black lion trader for a mini salvage-o-matic. However, not if the mini walks around constantly spitting out the same dialog it does when salvaging. That would be annoying.

Another idea would be to be able to convert them into some kind of guild hall decoration.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Aerinndis.2730

I agree. It would be nice to be able to mystic forge or turn them into the black lion trader for a mini salvage-o-matic. However, not if the mini walks around constantly spitting out the same dialog it does when salvaging. That would be annoying.

Another idea would be to be able to convert them into some kind of guild hall decoration.

Oh! I like that too!

drunkenpilot.9837

To clarify my position, even though I think it’s a bit foolish for someone to expect a refund from items they’ve owned for such a long period of time, I actually have zero objections to alternate uses for items, like Aerinndis and JustTrogdor have suggested.

If there were a mini salvage-o-matic you could get from MFing one of these with some other things or a new GH decoration requiring it, gem store sales would probably increase because of that change, even if only by a small amount. I just don’t think Anet should be held “accountable” (pun fully intended, wink nudge) because some people regret purchases they made a year ago.

+1 to alternate uses! Because why not?