Complain from returned player

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Exotrax.4207

Exotrax.4207

Played GW2 from day one and quit in summer 2013 with 720hours of game play.

Returned few weeks ago created a new char and started my adventure again.

I got quite disappointed when I discovered that I HAVE TO PAY (again) in order to do Season 2.

What the heck ……I payed 50e already for GW2 …..100e for the Ultimate Edition and now you want me to pay another 20e to do Season 2 ?

Sorry ArenaNet ……but you going to far here , I bought already GW2 so make no sense to have me pay another 20e to do Season 2 ….why ?
I was expecting that only people who get the F2P copy have to pay for it ……but not who bought the game when it came out !!!!

Luckily I had 4000gems coming with the Ultimate edition so I used it to do Season2 without paying again (even if I pay it anyway with gems…..but it feels less aggressive) , otherwise I think I would have quit the game.

Honestly I think this is not fair at all …..yes I know ArenaNet needs to make money ….and I always supported the company (when I played in the past) buying gems , but really …..you can’t ask money again to play a content that you need in order to enjoy the story and eventually progress the game.

Peace

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

There’s an ascended armor chest at the end, just make sure you get a light chest piece from it since those are the most expensive. Even accounting for the tougher achievements you’ll still save time and money in the long run.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, you could have obtained it free of charge, had you merely logged into the game (even for just 5 seconds) during each period the Episodes were active.

Sorry to hear you weren’t interested at the time things were given out free.

Good luck.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Everyone who logged in at least once for each chapter when they first launched had it unlocked for free. You weren’t there, that sucks, but raging here that you have to pay for additional content is… weird? Buying the core game once does not entitle you to everything for free forever. And you do not need S2 to progress at all.

…I see you had no trouble paying for the expansion. Why is it so absurd to pay for something that can be seen as DLC as well?
Right now, there are tons of temporarily-free ebooks on Amazon, which will cost money again soon. I could trawl Amazon to find them all and get them for free, but if I don’t, I can’t rage about how I should get them for free because they once were free but aren’t now. This applies to LS. If you were there, good for you, you could grab it for free. If you took a long break and weren’t, you’ll need to buy it with gems (and be glad that’s an option, you don’t even have to pay with cash if you don’t want to). How is that such a horrible idea?

Just keep that in mind for a potential Season 3, if you do keep playing.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Exotrax.4207

Exotrax.4207

Everyone who logged in at least once for each chapter when they first launched had it unlocked for free. You weren’t there, that sucks, but raging here that you have to pay for additional content is… weird? Buying the core game once does not entitle you to everything for free forever. And you do not need S2 to progress at all.

…I see you had no trouble paying for the expansion. Why is it so absurd to pay for something that can be seen as DLC as well?
Right now, there are tons of temporarily-free ebooks on Amazon, which will cost money again soon. I could trawl Amazon to find them all and get them for free, but if I don’t, I can’t rage about how I should get them for free because they once were free but aren’t now. This applies to LS. If you were there, good for you, you could grab it for free. If you took a long break and weren’t, you’ll need to buy it with gems (and be glad that’s an option, you don’t even have to pay with cash if you don’t want to). How is that such a horrible idea?

Just keep that in mind for a potential Season 3, if you do keep playing.

I’m not raging at all…..im just politely complaining about something I don’t agree.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

You don’t even pay a monthly subscription on this game, so roughly 80% of the content is or has been free.

Plus the developers have to make a living somehow right? Or do you expect them to work for free? So if you weren’t there at the time it was given out for free, you apparently had more important things irl to do/deal with.

Even I wasn’t around for LS2 but paid to unlock it so I can do it once and never griped about it. And there’s many other things I don’t agree with too. I would much rather pay for small bits such as this rather than a constant monthly subscription like some other games.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

While the OP is free to complain, some perspective is perhaps in order.

The OP may have also missed the last parts of Season 1, which was temporary content and which is no longer available at all. In response to player demands that temporary content no longer be a part of their process, ANet created the system under which LS content is created, available for the life of one’s account for free if you log in once during the initial release period (sometimes a two week period). For those who came later or didn’t log in for any reason, there is a charge.

I’m OK with this system. Why? Go ahead and comparison shop other Buy to Play games, both MMO and SPRPG’s. I think you’ll find that most — if not all — of them charge for any content added after release. With that as the industry standard, the ANet model doesn’t look so bad to me.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

OP, you could have “done” LS2 without buying it. You could have partied with someone / anyone that had it unlocked, and played through it with them. Then you could have experienced all of the associated story without any ‘purchase’ required.

Then you could have opted to buy if (and only if) you desired the achievements (and their associated rewards) from that content.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

There’s an ascended armor chest at the end,

Explain please. I got no such thing when I completed season 2, nor do I see it listed in the achievements for episode 8.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

I think the “ascended chest” was the Carapace coat box? (Legs? Boots? One of those things…) They look like ascended chests, which is a tiiiny bit confusing.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Well, you could have obtained it free of charge, had you merely logged into the game (even for just 5 seconds) during each period the Episodes were active.

Sorry to hear you weren’t interested at the time things were given out free.

Good luck.

This. Even in the last few months, and over the summer, I simply didn’t have time to play, and still haven’t done the last episode of Season 2, but I did try to login as often as possible, if for no other reason, to unlock the content and get the daily login reward. Over that time, I’ve amassed 6 exotic armor chests (Sitting in the bank waiting for a new alt) and nearly 150 extra laurels after getting all my T6 to 250, essentially for the 10 seconds it takes to log in. It’s a helluva bonus and from ANet’s perspective, it keeps GW2 in the back of the mind of players on “vacation”, so ultimately more likely to return.