Complaining about pressing 1 over and over?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tharomir.6985

Tharomir.6985

Here’s an idea. Why don’t you just turn auto attack on? Then you only have to press it once and then just sit back and watch as your character swing his sword. And then swing his sword. And then swing his sword. And swing his sword again until the mob is dead.

Sometimes I think you pick the strangest things to complain about.

(edited by Tharomir.6985)

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

“In most games, you go out, and you have really fun tasks, occasionally, that you get to do, and the rest of the game is this boring grind to get to the fun stuff. ‘I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. Hey! I swung it again.’ That’s great. We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that. No one finds it fun.” ~ A Sword Swinging Backpeddler

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

“In most games, you go out, and you have really fun tasks, occasionally, that you get to do, and the rest of the game is this boring grind to get to the fun stuff. ‘I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. Hey! I swung it again.’ That’s great. We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that. No one finds it fun.” ~ A Sword Swinging Backpeddler

And people wonder why Anet won’t talk to them. A quote from a four year old video is still being quoted today and used as a weapon of sorts.

Anet should just shut up and stop saying anything. It might come back to haunt them.

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

I think it’s because some people feel the need to spam the 1 skill despite the auto-attack being on.

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

And people wonder why Anet won’t talk to them. A quote from a four year old video is still being quoted today and used as a weapon of sorts.

Anet should just shut up and stop saying anything. It might come back to haunt them.

Yes, the manifesto is qouted to this day because this is what got many of us excited, the manifesto really sold the game for them, this is what we wanted and unfortunately Anet did a 180 on their initial vision.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Here’s an idea. Why don’t you just turn auto attack on? Then you only have to press it once and then just sit back and watch as your character swing his sword. And then swing his sword. And then swing his sword. And swing his sword again until the mob is dead.

You just made me cry, oh how I wish that game was like what they said.

SAB or RIOT

Tharomir.6985

I agree. Anet has been giving the community too many responses to our feedback. They need to focus on making more changes to the game. Simplifying the game was a smart choice.

Swizzle.7982

And people wonder why Anet won’t talk to them.

No, people wonder when Anet lost their mental faculties and decided to make changes to a good game based on the metrics of non-gamers and the ability of their gem store to drain the income of whales. That’s what they wonder.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Who are you replying to?

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Anet should just shut down these forums all together.
Anything and everything they say or do is met by angry, foaming at the mouth, insults and verbal throat jabs from the same people over and over again, who think they know better then everyone else…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Vayne.8563

Yes, the manifesto is qouted to this day because this is what got many of us excited, the manifesto really sold the game for them, this is what we wanted and unfortunately Anet did a 180 on their initial vision.

There were still two years of information provided by Anet between the manifesto in this game. If that one paragraph in the manifesto (which I believe is largely misintepreted anyway) is what people based their purchase on, then people need to learn to be smarter consumers.

On topic: I’m not sure how many more threads we need on the new leveling system. They’re all going to be merged anyway.

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

They’re doing a pretty kitten good job of shutting up and just making changes on a whim without actually consulting the ones that are paying them, and of course using you as a conduit for what they are thinking and then attempting to get others to ignore the massive elephant in the room, since that’s all you seem to do around here.

Tharomir.6985

Anything and everything they say or do is met by angry, foaming at the mouth, insults and verbal throat jabs from the same people over and over again, who think they know better then everyone else…

I’m being serious here. How often does Anet actually listen to fan feedback and put what players want into the game? People don’t like being ignored after spending their money.

Vayne.8563

They’re doing a pretty kitten good job of shutting up and just making changes on a whim without actually consulting the ones that are paying them, and of course using you as a conduit for what they are thinking and then attempting to get others to ignore the massive elephant in the room, since that’s all you seem to do around here.

Anet isn’t using me. Get that straight. Just like others profess to care about this game, I care about this game too. But I also care about being fair. I don’t think most people do.

Are you saying no changes in this patch have been asked for?

Posted by: Seth.1308

Seth.1308

It is on.

It’s that the option of pressing “2” is locked until a higher level, and I literally have nothing else to do except push a button unnecessarily.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Its because Anet HUNG THEIR HAT on this. This was their mantra. This was their cudgel that they used to beat the idea that their game wasn’t like the rest. This was their “angle” to get people interested in jumping on board. It was their “promise” to us as players and early adopters of the game and they have gone against it in the worse way.

if they want to come back and say “hey we were wrong to go in this direction and we are trying to bring the game back to something more familiar” then fine. I won’t be happy, but I’d appreciate the honesty. At this rate they might as well start trying to shop their game as having “the ultimate customizable holy trinity” and just throw that concept of theirs under the bus as well.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Tharomir.6985

It is on.

It’s that the option of pressing “2” is locked until a higher level, and I literally have nothing else to do except push a button unnecessarily.

Perhaps I should have ended with /sarcasm. Sarcasm is so difficult to convey with the written word.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Anet isn’t using me. Get that straight. Just like others profess to care about this game, I care about this game too. But I also care about being fair. I don’t think most people do.

Well I take a nice 3 month break and come back to read this feature pack of meh, Vayne still white knight (thought you quit the forums months ago?), and a content drop not til November…so it looks like nothing has changed except items in the cash shop, pass.

JQ Druid

Im Mudbone.1437

I wish “THEY” WOULD shut down the forums as they are useless, illogically un-heeded unless it’s something “they” want to see in the game anyway and GW1 did just fine without a forums.

Swizzle.7982

Other than automatically having minis out (which is broken) what exactly was asked for? I don’t remember anyone asking for leveling to be changed. In two years I don’t recall ever seeing a thread on these forums about how leveling from 1 to 10 was too confusing.

If you can manage to put your clothes on in the morning, feed yourself, and turn on a PC you can grasp the basics of a video game as simple as GW2 was pre-feature pack.

These changes were made for one reason, to sell VIP packs in china and to sell level up scrolls in the US/EU. Mark my words.

Tharomir.6985

Vayne still white knight (thought you quit the forums months ago?).

Is there anybody else who honestly likes these changes? In every topic it is always Vayne irrationally defending the game. If you truly believe this game is flawless no matter what points people bring up, you can’t be reasoned with.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Anet was still referring people to this video up to the launch of the game. if it was no longer relevant they probably shouldn’t have done that.

Im Mudbone.1437

Anet was still referring people to this video up to the launch of the game. if it was no longer relevant they probably shouldn’t have done that.

THIS^^^^TY, Fernling.1729 for stating what Vayne and his cronies refuse to acknowledge.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

OMG this is pure gold. I laughed so hard.. not because it was funny but because it is a sad truth

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: layzoe.6035

layzoe.6035

I don’t think anyone here is actually complaining about pressing the 1 button over and over. It’s rather the fact it takes no skill to do that. It delays the combat training. Despite the simplicity of the buttons itself, the combos, utilities of each button, Area of effect… It all takes time to learn.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

I wish “THEY” WOULD shut down the forums as they are useless, illogically un-heeded unless it’s something “they” want to see in the game anyway and GW1 did just fine without a forums.

If it means less toxic, hyperbolic bullcrap like half the stuff I see posted by the same people who scream over and over again when the game changes at all, then yeah. I’d be all for shutting the forums down.

And for the record, I have tried the new leveling system. It seems fine to me.
So go ahead… Throw your insults about how I, and others that aren’t vomiting up how much they hate the game now and how it’s completely ruined now, are nothing but white knight apologists.
Flame anything that myself, Vayne or anyone else says, that isn’t jumping on the ‘I HATE ANET!!! WAAAAAAH!!!11!1’ rage-fueled freight train.
It’s all these kitten ed forums are good for anymore.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’