Complaining on AutoBalance in Dragon Ball

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

This AutoBalance in Dragon Ball arena sux because of no reward.
Please fix it!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Auto balance has nothing to do with the reward or vice versa. Or did you want some sort of reward tied to each match whether you win or lose? The thing is that this reward would end up being like Wintersday gifts where the majority of it was junk. The match average between 3-5 minutes (less if you hop and get lucky) so imagine how many rewards someone can accumulate.

Perhaps they could do a reward track like in PvP which is tied specifically to the activity.

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

Auto balance has nothing to do with the reward or vice versa. Or did you want some sort of reward tied to each match whether you win or lose? The thing is that this reward would end up being like Wintersday gifts where the majority of it was junk. The match average between 3-5 minutes (less if you hop and get lucky) so imagine how many rewards someone can accumulate.

Perhaps they could do a reward track like in PvP which is tied specifically to the activity.

Autobalance often kick you into loser team -> no win reward / no win counter.
Lose not rewarded at all.
Autobalance misused.

(edited by vpchelko.4261)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Oh. I assumed you got credit as long as you earned points on the previous side just like in PvP.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Autobalance misused.

Auto balance is working as intended.. it fills live games before starting new instances.. so in a round about way it helps to reduce the “oh this team sucks, I’m outta here to get into a better one”.
Just how effective it is.. well that’s another story maybe.
Each game may only be 3-5 mins long but with players looking for the easy win there is always some that just drop and try to hotjoin a winning team.. so I for one am glad their is at least some chance of a penalty.

Personally I would prefer it if ANET implemented something more in line with the grouping time out idea.. you drop from a game before it finishes then you get locked out for a penalty and then get placed into auto balancing… WIN – WIN

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Fix this in keg brawl, snowball mayhem, and aspect arena too!

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I tested, even if you press volunteer for autobalance and you get moved to the other team, you get no win credit contributes to daily dragon boss AP.

Dragon Ball’s auto-balance is a death sentence, which is probably an unintended and stupid design. Basically you can just leave the game if you get moved.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Autobalance misused.

Auto balance is working as intended.. it fills live games before starting new instances.. so in a round about way it helps to reduce the “oh this team sucks, I’m outta here to get into a better one”.
Each game may only be 3-5 mins long but with players looking for the easy win there is always some that just drop and try to hotjoin a winning team.. so I for one am glad their is at least some chance of a penalty.

Personally I would prefer it if ANET implemented something more in line with the grouping time out idea.. you drop from a game before it finishes then you get locked out for a penalty and then get placed into auto balancing… WIN – WIN

It doesn’t always fill live games.

I’ve been on a map with only three of us. One dropped from my team and the person on the other team was nice enough to let me kill him over and over since my team had points already.

I’ve also been on a map where there were only two of us…on the same team. Other person left and then I was in the match all alone. Made for getting the achievements for power ups really easy though.

But that isn’t what he’s talking about. He’s talking about being on the winning team and then getting shunted to the losing one to balance things out because members of that team are bailing, having your win stolen from you as you are randomly picked to go over to the other side.

And I can’t blame people for bailing when I see so many teams with people just standing there to be killed over and over to get the match done asap for their two quick losses to finish off the holiday daily.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

All auto-balance cases affecting players who are involved in a match (have at the very least gotten a kill) should reward the player win credit whether they volunteered or not.

This of course only applies to hotjoinable games. The non-balance and penalty systems belong in the more competitive matches.

It’s 2015 people. Getting screwed over by auto balance needs to go directly into the nearest trashcan along with kill tagging, not sharing EXP, and gear treadmills.

The ONLY purpose of an auto-balance is to keep a game balanced. It should have nothing to do with penalizing players at random. Save that behavior for corrupt prison wardens.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

They might run out of players too quickly in that case It’s only those who are really interested in grinding out win counts that might be doing it — regular people just get through 2 games to get the daily laurel (hello, 500:40 matches) and get out.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Autobalance misused.

I’ve been on a map with only three of us. One dropped from my team and the person on the other team was nice enough to let me kill him over and over since my team had points already.

I’ve also been on a map where there were only two of us…on the same team. Other person left and then I was in the match all alone. Made for getting the achievements for power ups really easy though.

But that isn’t what he’s talking about. He’s talking about being on the winning team and then getting shunted to the losing one to balance things out because members of that team are bailing, having your win stolen from you as you are randomly picked to go over to the other side.

And I can’t blame people for bailing when I see so many teams with people just standing there to be killed over and over to get the match done asap for their two quick losses to finish off the holiday daily.

Well I have no heard or encountered it myself.. autobalancing as far as I can tell works to fill the short manned team with hotjoiners otherwise it would make no sense to simply take players out of full/winning teams without as much as a volunteer notification first.
However, as I said.. how effective the ANET auto balancing mechanics are is an entirely different thing and to be honest previous balancing of the mini games has always been pretty poor so it wouldn’t surprise me if what your saying is true.
However, I am not convinced that is what the OP is talking about.. in fact strangely enough I was having this very conversation in map chat yesterday as some player was feeling grieved that every time he dropped from a game he was being hot joined to a loosing/ short manned team every time – karma can be a kitten sometimes I guess

Personally I think its a poor mini game anyway so like many I jump in to get the two participation counts now I have all but the ludicrous 100 interrupts achiev done then forget about it until the next daily comes round.

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

Amazing how all of the p-poor features of this boring game have remained the same for this year.

Or maybe it isn’t, given the track record :/

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Autobalance misused.

Well I have no heard or encountered it myself.. autobalancing as far as I can tell works to fill the short manned team with hotjoiners otherwise it would make no sense to simply take players out of full/winning teams without as much as a volunteer notification first.
However, as I said.. how effective the ANET auto balancing mechanics are is an entirely different thing and to be honest previous balancing of the mini games has always been pretty poor so it wouldn’t surprise me if what your saying is true.
However, I am not convinced that is what the OP is talking about.. in fact strangely enough I was having this very conversation in map chat yesterday as some player was feeling grieved that every time he dropped from a game he was being hot joined to a loosing/ short manned team every time – karma can be a kitten sometimes I guess

Personally I think its a poor mini game anyway so like many I jump in to get the two participation counts now I have all but the ludicrous 100 interrupts achiev done then forget about it until the next daily comes round.

You’re seriously misunderstanding what the OP IS talking about. They arent talking about the game filling active maps and then making new games. They’re talking about the “volunteer” option that, when time runs out, if no one volunteered, forcefully punts someone to the outnumbered team. You know, the same one that shows up in custom arenas?