Complaint about mission - Liberating Apatia

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cedric Ambidexter.9174

Cedric Ambidexter.9174

Hi,

I was very distraught to find that this mission took me to the ‘same’ location as several previous missions I have already completed in the world.

Why have they decided to use the same ship location for so many events/missions? It’s very tiresome because you have to climb to the bottom of the ship each time.

I’m not sure why this feature was introduced, but forcing players to repeat themselves is not good quality gameplay.

Thanks

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s been a while since I did that mission but if I remember it correctly you mean you had to go to the same Krait fortress as in Willing Captives (2 missions earlier), which is very similar to the one you visit in Striking off the Chains 2 missions before that.

In this case the answer is simple: it’s the same group of krait you’re fighting, so it makes sense that you have to go to the same location to find them.

But this will happen in other situations too. Although the personal story (and the other storylines) will periodically introduce you to new areas the main purpose is to tell a story, and sometimes that means re-visiting locations. You wouldn’t complain if the same set appeared twice in a movie would you?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Cedric Ambidexter.9174

Cedric Ambidexter.9174

It’s difficult to climb up to the top of that ship because you have to be careful not to fall off the very thin wooden flooring. This just gets tiresome after a few missions, but when you have no choice but to repeatedly do it….

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve never seen this complaint before, and I’ve seen a lot of complaints. Pretty sure it affects a minority of the playerbase…ie those that don’t enjoy platforming. The simple solution is to find a friend that’s a mesmer and ask them to help you out.

Because it takes me under a minute to climb that scaffolding.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve never seen this complaint before, and I’ve seen a lot of complaints. Pretty sure it affects a minority of the playerbase…ie those that don’t enjoy platforming. The simple solution is to find a friend that’s a mesmer and ask them to help you out.

Because it takes me under a minute to climb that scaffolding.

I’ve complained about that since the first time I did the mission. (And also all the back and forth, where you do the mish, report back to base, leave, go back — I felt like a ping pong ball.) However, eventually I ran out of toons to do those stories on and by the time I did it a few times, I figured out some work-arounds.

So I sympathize completely with the OP — I found that annoying about that mission, too. On the other hand, I sympathize with the implication of Vayne’s post: it’s ultimately not that big a deal; just a momentary frustration.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Hi,

I was very distraught to find that this mission took me to the ‘same’ location as several previous missions I have already completed in the world.

Why have they decided to use the same ship location for so many events/missions? It’s very tiresome because you have to climb to the bottom of the ship each time.

I’m not sure why this feature was introduced, but forcing players to repeat themselves is not good quality gameplay.

Thanks

I’m not a big fan of that krait fortress, either. I can’t count the number of times I’ve been knocked off that thing when I was just 2 steps from my goal and had to start all over – this is over the course of leveling around 12 characters. lol I don’t mind the back and forth so much – I got used to it doing the LOTRO epic story – but yeah, the krait towers can be frustrating.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Alas poor Apatia! She was very Norn: seemingly of infinite strength but was overwhelmed at the end.

They can be quite slippery in parts but like many things in the game its a matter of practice. At the risk of comparing myself to anyone (I don’t make many judgements on skill) I enjoy running up this to grab the chest from under the nose of the screeching witch.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

My solution to this problem is “Don’t do this quest chain.”