Complaints everywhere....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

Every single class forum the same.
Why people have to complain about everything before something really comes out?
Wouldn’t be better to wait for something to come out first, before even someone start to criticize it?

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Because every spec but your own one gets all the cool stuff!

Fact!

Every expansion, every MMO, every time.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Wouldn’t be better to wait for something to come out first, before even someone start to criticize it?

1) Peoe are people
2) They care about the game passionately enough to voice concerns in the hope they may be looked at pre-release although it’s doubtful anything will be done
3) So Devs can guage the player base’s climate
4) People wil want to complain about aspects they dislike. Mounts are contentious fir example

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This is only the warmup complaining. The real complaining will begin with the first beta weekend and reach full voice about 2 weeks in after launch when: there’s nothing to do, too much grind, not enough of X and too much of Y.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

This is only the warmup complaining. The real complaining will begin with the first beta weekend and reach full voice about 2 weeks in after launch when: there’s nothing to do, too much grind, not enough of X and too much of Y.

Oh this plus ad infinitum.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Because every spec but your own one gets all the cool stuff!

Fact!

Every expansion, every MMO, every time.

:D exactly, humans are silly childish race that can only whine and take offence

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

I think people saw the “Elementalist is getting 40 new skills” and let it go to their heads a little bit and how they’re mad because they have something that all other classes are lacking.

They are acting like ArenaNet hasn’t favoured Elementalist since the game came out…

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Well for one thing they announced a major nerf to the condition classes without actually answering whether they would be fixing two of the classes that need power options, the engineer and the necromancer.

The engi and necro have been chronically stuck in the mud of condition only builds since 2012 and instead of first coming on to state that they would be addressing power builds for classes that have had this ongoing problem, they make a statement about how they would be nerfing condition duration which basically nerfs the damage output of these classes.

So complaints yes but these complaints aren’t unwarranted. Had they learned from their mistakes concerning communication this wouldn’t be a problem right now.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Necrum Davengers.3519

Necrum Davengers.3519

Because those people as i, want the game succeed by giving them criticism? I believed in this game back in 2013 by bought the collector edition and buy HOT at day one. But serious with Hot they messed up so many thing and kittening me off, and worse thing of that was the lack comunications of Arena. Still remember Colin for this behavior “If you are against on visual downgrade, then you are against on E-Sports” this is how you don’t comuncate with your comunity.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think some of it is definitely complaining for the sake of complaining, considering one “problem” I’ve seen raised is that the preview for some elite specs was 2-4 seconds longer than others. (This apparently shows a clear bias in favour of those professions.)

But some of it is people genuinely raising things they see as problems as early as possible in the hope that it will be addressed/fixed before release. (Generally speaking it is easier to change things the earlier in the process it is.)

Some of that may well prove to be non-issues – like the complaints that an elite spec will be underpowered simply because it doesn’t look/sound as exciting or “only” gets an offhand weapon or they didn’t show all the skills in the initial announcement. Other things may be valid complaints, even if it seems silly (for example some people are concerned that the green aura rangers get in soulbeast form will get really annoying if it’s on all the time).

But in general it’s easier to start and continue a discussion about something you don’t like and want to see changed than something you do. Positive topics are basically “I am happy and excited for X!” “Yes, I am also happy about X”…and once everyone’s chipped in to say they’re happy it dies out. Whereas changes can prompt long, detailed discussions. As a result ‘negative’ topics tend to drown out positive ones on any forum.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

People on forums like to cry before having pains, thats all.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.