Concept Idea - Snowflake / Candy Corn Muncher

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pyr O Desolation.5017

Pyr O Desolation.5017

how many players would like to see these items become fodder for the next Princess, Star of Grattitude or Mawdrey? I know i would! im not an employee who works for gw2 but i would like these overfarmed junk (more or less) items transformed to treasures let me know in the comments below what y’all think, positive and / or composed feedback appreciated.

It’s not always about winning, sometimes its about losing without feeling used.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

A Snowflake muncher would give a much needed sink to those items. However the gemstore has already sold a candy corn muncher so I don’t see them undercutting their sales to put that ingame.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Candy_Corn_Gobbler

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Pyr O Desolation.5017

i also think to better balance the economy as snowflakes and candy corn are tradeable, the munchers should be a gemstore exclusive item ^.^

Pyr O Desolation.5017

i have that one! i meant other munchers tho.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Crafting maize balm is a decent way to get rid of candy corn if you don’t have the gobbler.

Snowflakes need a sink though, definitely.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I won’t feel overfull of candy corn until every alt has a full set of 20 slot bags.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I’ve never had to use Mawdrey.

Crafting Toxic Focusing Crystal gives me a much larger profit return on my bloodstone Dust.

Snowflakes and Cany Corn could use some better sinks than just food (the same food that is also oversupplied on the market).

The recipe: Twisted Watchwork Portal… Exists. The item teleports your character someplace random. When it cane out, anet said it could even teleport you to a jump puzzle chest, but i’ve never seen that happen. So most of the time the item is useless.

But, if you have a bunch of twisted Watchwork portals, you can take a new character (say a Revenant Alt that you leveled with tomes), and spam a few dozen portals, and end up with waypoints on most maps that are really close to the waypoints you want. This is really nice if you don’t want to go through the tedium of running around the whole map just to get a few key waypoints for Cursed Shore/Tequatl/Jormag/CoF.

So, that’s at least something kinda useful that you can craft with super cheap snowflakes and candy corn (except that it also needs no-longer-cheap zhaitaffy).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I just wish the frosted harvesting tools worked the way I expected. Primarily that the tier of snowflake they produced was directly related to the tier of node being harvested. If you only harvest Ori with the pick you only get tier 6 snow. No one needs tier 1 snow, and no one needs 50 stacks of it, that’s for sure.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Something to eat snowflakes would be good. Right now they suffer the same fate as dragonite and blooddust.

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I have a stack of unopened Frostbitten Toolboxes, and I can’t even recall how many stacks I destroyed, simply because I actually ended up aggravated that tiny snowflakes were clogging up my inventory. I can’t count the number of stacks of snowflakes I’ve trashed either. They’re so much worse than ascended mats, IMO. I’d love a real sink for them. Candy corn though…

I won’t feel overfull of candy corn until every alt has a full set of 20 slot bags.

I’m with Donari.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Exactly.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I would much rather have one for luck. At least snowflakes and candy corn have their own uses. Luck is useless outside of 1 event recipe for a back item once you’re 300%.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I would much rather have one for luck. At least snowflakes and candy corn have their own uses. Luck is useless outside of 1 event recipe for a back item once you’re 300%.

I certainly agree that luck needs an “eater.”

Just a flesh wound.3589

The question is, is the percent of players who’ve reached 300% high enough to warrant making a luck eater. All level 80s will get dragonite, empyreal shards and bloodstone dust if they play which makes these eaters useful for 100% of these players. Only a few percent have gotten to 300% luck though which means most people will either not make the device or not use it if they do for a long time, if ever.

Until the percent of people who have 300% luck is higher I don’t think it’s a good idea to spend resources making it, unless maybe a gemstore version for those that want it.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Snowflakes weren’t a problem until this winterfest. We went from drought to flood. Tiny went from 30K to 25M for sale. Then someone sucked 16M out of the market and the price went up for a couple of days and then collapsed again.

Sure if they put out a converter that drops even one random common mat the supply problem would vanish within a week but then they will be back to 8s rather than 2c. It’s feast or famine with these less common mats.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

The question is, is the percent of players who’ve reached 300% high enough to warrant making a luck eater. All level 80s will get dragonite, empyreal shards and bloodstone dust if they play which makes these eaters useful for 100% of these players. Only a few percent have gotten to 300% luck though which means most people will either not make the device or not use it if they do for a long time, if ever.

Until the percent of people who have 300% luck is higher I don’t think it’s a good idea to spend resources making it, unless maybe a gemstore version for those that want it.

This is true, but there are those who have maxed luck so it should be on their radar.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Snowflakes weren’t a problem until this winterfest. We went from drought to flood. Tiny went from 30K to 25M for sale. Then someone sucked 16M out of the market and the price went up for a couple of days and then collapsed again.

Sure if they put out a converter that drops even one random common mat the supply problem would vanish within a week but then they will be back to 8s rather than 2c. It’s feast or famine with these less common mats.

Yeah, but then I would use up my wintersday harvesting tools instead of my gemstore tools if they did that. I have over a stack of boxes of tools, enough to last me a very long time.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Cant you upgrade the tiny snowflakes like any other material?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

This is true, but there are those who have maxed luck so it should be on their radar.

How hard would it be to implement? Since they’ve already implemented 5 similar items I’m guessing the tech is pretty much down.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Cant you upgrade the tiny snowflakes like any other material?

Yes you can promote them in the forge but there are so many snowflakes of all types since this last Wintersday it simply isn’t worth it. There is no interest in T1 and T2; T3 is bouncing around 8c; T4 is around 50c; T5 at 2s 30c range. T6 is only worth around 12c.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Just a flesh wound.3589

How hard would it be to implement? Since they’ve already implemented 5 similar items I’m guessing the tech is pretty much down.

It’s not the device itself that would be hard but making up the event chain or the NPCs to give a quest or give you items or the items needed to craft the device that would take time. Granted, we are not talking about a lot of time (I presume) but it would be time that would otherwise be used to do something else. If it is for a device that few have a need for and therefore would not use, then it’s essentially wasted effort that could be better put to something else.

ANet may give it to you.

Manasa Devi.7958

To be fair, we have no idea how many people who haven’t maxed their luck would rather feed it to an eater-item. (If only to get rid of the stuff with less clicking.)

Manasa Devi.7958

By the way, I would also welcome a few more ways to use obsidian shards. They’re also stacking up quite fast lately.