Concerns about the revamped krait.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arianna.9304

Arianna.9304

Last night a few friends and I were waiting for Tequatl to spawn out in Splintered Coast when I realized my bags were almost full, so I headed over to the nearby karma merchant to empty them. Then the ‘defend the supply of energy from krait’ event spawned. No big deal, I’ve run this event a thousand times before. A few other bored Tequatl-campers joined us, and I counted about five or six people total. For me, that’s an amazing turnout for a DE since I routinely am lucky to have even two or three people helping me. This was going to be over in no time!

Everyone died.

We were primarily level 80s waiting to slay a dragon, and every last one of us died. Poison wells sprang up too fast to dodge and the moment you spent your condition-remove skill another AoE would crop up. You couldn’t dodge, you couldn’t run, and sometimes you would be immobilized and then assaulted by poison wells. I can’t tell exactly what changed, but I do know that this event has never played out like this before.

I was playing a mesmer, and I had a few skills that would’ve let me retreat with my life, but one of the things I love about this game is that it’s made me someone who doesn’t leave a fellow player behind. People go out of their way to make sure I don’t die and get stuck in a jump puzzle, and I go out of my way to make sure that if I retreat, everyone else makes it with me. So I stayed, trying to resurrect people who’d gone down. But the poison wells just kept coming, and meanwhile the krait were still physically attacking and swarming us. So I died as well, and we waypointed out and ran back to finish the fight.

This makes me really concerned for enjoyment of the game as a whole. I haven’t fought any of the new risen yet because I signed off in frustration after Tequatl finally spawned so I can’t weigh in on them, but I’m definitely already dreading it.

Fighting the krait made me feel helpless and overwhelmed. The krait have never been fun to fight, even before this. I used to actively avoid having to fight them outside of DEs. This does not make me want to fight them any more. That single DE cost me 2+ silver in repair costs and 1+ silver in waypoint costs. That may not be much in the long run, but it makes running the event more costly than it’s worth.

I’m also worried that this will change the way I play the game, as well as how others play it. I might have to start being someone who doesn’t go out of her way to help others. If I see someone mobbed by krait, I might really have to run the other way because there’s no sense in both of us dying and having to waypoint out with damaged armor. That doesn’t sound exciting for either parties involved.

I disagree with a lot of things that happened in this patch, but I decided to focus on this one because missing out on content is a shame but the way regular mobs behave is something that affects nearly every moment I play the game.

Has anyone else had similar problems with the revamped mobs?

(edited by Arianna.9304)

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

Yes. I was having all kinds of trouble on my thief. I finally just logged out & came here to find out what was missing in the patch notes. (and here read just how bad the missions are for small guilds – not a good day yesterday!)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

For some nebulous reason unknown to me, they apparently decided to make the krait more “fun and challenging.” I have no idea why they felt this was necessary. Was there some 100-page rant thread with people going on about how they are so bored with krait that they need to be changed and I missed it?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Yes. I was having all kinds of trouble on my thief. I finally just logged out & came here to find out what was missing in the patch notes. (and here read just how bad the missions are for small guilds – not a good day yesterday!)

It’s funny as I was on my thief doing Pent/Shelt when I got to experience the new/improved more ‘interesting’ Orr. A party member summed it up nicely: “they killed it”. I think their current missteps with the krait and Orr simply betray a misunderstanding of the MMO. My response was also to log out. It wasn’t so much to come here though I did; it was more to give myself the breathing room for a proper facepalm.

(edited by Raine.1394)

stobie.2134

I wasn’t sure what they did – but they sure did something. I wish these changes were, at least, clearly indicated in the patch notes.

I’m not sure why mmos keep feeling that ‘more annoying & frustrating’ somehow equals ‘more interesting.’ I’d say something unexpected is interesting – like if a krait just stopped & offered me tea. Trapping me in poison would not be my idea of a pleasant surprise.

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

“Challenging” translates from ANetese into English as “Spam CC and conditions”

Gravelings in AC were made more challenging by, you’ll never guess…giving everything bigger than a hatchling knockback or knockdown. This means instead of a single graveling scavenger knocking you down for 4 seconds and then omnomnoming you to death, you get tossed around like a rag doll.

Personally, I’d happily go back to omnomnom as that at least made stun breakers a viable defense against certain death.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

The no one helps others thing, already happening. Dunno how many times people already expect that to happen and just port to a wp. It must be a thing or people would not be doing this. I’m one of the few people left who like you wouldn’t hesitate to res someone who’s down and I’ve noticed this happening more and more.

I have to say I don’t think it’s going to get better because if your report is true (which i don’t doubt btw) then that means that between that and the design flaw that requires a certain level of DPS to get credit for the event or for loot to drop and the higher the dps the better the loot, doesn’t really make for a good support system does it. They definitely need to completely redesign these two aspects if they expect people to play anything other then burst zerger warriors and thieves who do nothing but dps while everyone dies around them and repops.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I thought the Krait seemed a lot more powerful. Encountered them in WvW, on the center BL island where its usually easy to solo upwards of 10 of them if you have to, and they knocked my health down so fast I had to run. I don’t remember them having stacks of 5 and 10 might before.

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

I think they hate us. The devs…not the Krait. The Krait have always hated us. Now the devs just have the Krait doing their dirty work for them…killing us.

I have always found the Krait to be one of the hardest mob types to fight. They are mean-spirited things. Not looking forward to that being even worse now.

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

I love their new abilites. Poison AOE in threes and they gain quickness for like 4 or 5 seconds occasionally.

Magummadweller

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

The headline should read: Dragon Campers get owned by regular mobs! Petition to make all Krait into building models started!

Personally I hope this is the beginning of the end for the Dragon campers, and Tunnel farmers.

Raine.1394

hahah l2p

hahah

hahah

(i need to continue laughing for message lenght.. :/)

Avatar, you are proving yourself a singular source of non-contribution to threads today. I’ve noticed when enough people call you on it you make your escape. You’ve been called.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I just tried that event at splintered coast. I dunno what you lot were doing if you were wiping, but I could comfortably hold off one side pretty much solo (2-3 veterans, bunch of regular mobs).

The veterans have a metric ton of HP and take a while to chip away at. They also use like .. a whirling defense style attack. Not sure if this reflects projectiles or just blocks.

Posted by: Arianna.9304

Arianna.9304

I just tried that event at splintered coast. I dunno what you lot were doing if you were wiping, but I could comfortably hold off one side pretty much solo (2-3 veterans, bunch of regular mobs).

The veterans have a metric ton of HP and take a while to chip away at. They also use like .. a whirling defense style attack. Not sure if this reflects projectiles or just blocks.

I couldn’t tell you what the other people there were doing since I don’t know them or how it played out from their perspective, but on my end I was approaching it like I did any other fight. Like I said in the original post, I’ve done this event so many times before waiting for Tequatl that I didn’t even think about it when I joined in the fray.

I’m really glad it didn’t give you as much trouble as it did us. I don’t consider myself a particularly skilled player, but I’d like to think that I’m not bad at this game. I’ve completed all of Malchor’s Leap on my main but haven’t headed into Cursed Shores yet. I ran Hodgin’s path in Ascalon Catacombs prior to the patch in just over an hour and a half and had a lot of fun doing it.

What I’m saying is that I’d like to think I represent the average player of this game, who understands a variety of class builds without perhaps having mastered them, who tries to have decent gear but might not have anything better than mostly rares and a few exotics equipped at any given time.

I feel like the krait have become unnecessarily difficult to play against, and last night I saw that at least four complete strangers who were wiping along with me to be experiencing the same thing. I’m glad you don’t have to share in our frustration, but I don’t feel like this is a good direction for the game’s play style to be going even with the existence of players who can handle it effortlessly.

Raine.1394

I just went and did the event on my guardian to test it out. It would have to be difficult to phase her as she’s 80 in full exotics and pretty tanky. I was able to do the event with another guardian lending a hand. The other guardian looked to be level appropriate and did go down during the fight and rezzed when I took out the mob on him.

While we had little trouble 2-maning it, it was quite a bit more difficult than it used to be. My guardian has condition removal, stun breakers, and healing that is through the roof. I know if I did this on my thief it would be touch and go. They now have a lot of AoE that hits pretty hard and of course CC. Honestly, I wouldn’t want to do it on anything but a guardian if it was a light group.

The thing is I used to solo dynamic events with no problem, even on the thief. It feels a tad over the top for the level. Krait and Risen of all kinds really aren’t underpowered in the game and I don’t think the changes are appropriate.

Edit: BTW, the individual Krait in the area don’t seem to be any more trouble than they were before. It’s only when they are in a group attacking from various ranges with their newfound powers.

Edit 2: Hung out there while doing other stuff and the event spawned again. This time with a full group and a variety of professions. People went down regularly. Looked a lot like the new/improved grenth temple event with all the tombstones flying. They stated they tuned that one for the hardcore players. Maybe they are just focusing on the hardcore throughout the game now to the exclusion of all others.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Are they harder out of water or something?

I completed my aquatic slayer daily in WvW BLs last night with no hassles. I didn’t notice any change for that matter.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

I thought the Krait seemed a lot more powerful. Encountered them in WvW, on the center BL island where its usually easy to solo upwards of 10 of them if you have to, and they knocked my health down so fast I had to run. I don’t remember them having stacks of 5 and 10 might before.

See thats why they boosted them being able to solo 10 endgame mobs at the same time……. clearly they weren’t powerful enough.

Now they laugh at you as you run in like a fool thinking your god mode. Only to be put in your place.

I like the changes personnally going afk during events and spamming a button or two was not my idea of fun or engaging content.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Lol I rolled a new Mesmer today (I have a lvl 80 already) and proceeded along my merry way through the Sylvari starter Map and then BAM… My now lvl 7 Mes was rudely awakened by lvl 13/14 Krait smacking so much bleed and Poison on me it was insane… what the heck happened to balancing maps and mobs etc… If I try to hit a mob now 5 levels higher than me, i might tickle it and ceetainly less than tickle it with my baby condition damaging attacks… yet If a Krait 5 levels lower than me decides to try their luck, their chances seem significantly higher… as for actually having to fight Krait 5 levels higher than me on a starter map where gear etc are all but nudity disguises its taken a shine of even going back and rolling new toons when balance has shifted so radically. I could get behind it if it was scaling based on group size or others in the immediate areas but I was soloing and no one else was anywhere remotely close

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Every time anything is made more difficult, there’s always a wall of complaints about it. Sure it was easy, even mindless before. And most of the PVe world really is. And there are, believe it or not, some people who complain about lack of challenging content in PVe. I know it’s hard to believe, but I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

I had more problem with the krait than I used to, but they were doable. Even solo, I was able to defeat a bunch of them, but I had to think on my feet, and I did go down a couple of times. Fortunately I was able to kill nearly dead ones to rez. It’s harder, but it’s not impossible by any means. That said, I did this on my 80th level mesmer.

I’m pretty sure there were supposed to be harder and easier areas in the game all along. And when most people didn’t have 80s and exotics, the area was probably more challenging to begin with. Games need to evolve.

In a month, no one will care about, or be complaining about this, because they’ll figure out how to deal with it, and overcome this challenge.

I agree, though, I don’t find it more fun. But then again, I wasn’t one of the guys who was complaining PVe was too easy.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

With the hilarity being that we can’t do the same to mobs because of a mob specific ability that refresh automatically…

Honestly the game seem more and more tuned towards the top percentage of PVPers that can solo zergs with one hand on their back.

Posted by: Lord Kreegan.8123

Lord Kreegan.8123

It’s not just overpowered krait…

ANet said they were “experimenting” with new ways of handling scaling; the overpowered Krait is just one example.

I’ve got five 80’s (five different classes) and I’ve been through most areas/events/mobs multiple times. Today I went out with my warrior and experienced another one of ANet’s experiments… For a particular fight I’ve done several times before, where I usually had to fight a single group of three mobs, I now got wave after wave of three mobs. I think I fought six waves… and barely survived on my warrior. Any of my other alts would have died.

Personally, I don’t think ANet has a clue how to balance mobs against player characters; there have always been overpowered mobs (relative to on-level characters) as a result of poison, knockdown, daze, and other skills that put character skills to shame (I sure wish my thief’s posion-applications – for which he’s traited – could knock out a mobs health as fast as their posion knocks out his). But now, things have gone past “poor balance” to ridiculous.

Maybe they’re telling us we all have to run around in groups from now on…

Well, I can always go back to Skyrim (at least all the mechanics aren’t broken) until ESO or Archage comes out…

stobie.2134

I found that my thief was hurting in a L73 area, but back to her good form in the 80 shore. So I wondered if it was some revision in area scaling, too. Then again, I didn’t tangle with a krait at 80. They’re mean!

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

FAILED ATTEMPT at new content!

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

We had 3 Champion Kraits spawning at that event too when 20+ of us where lingering around that karma vendor while waiting for Sunless. Imagine the chaos, lol!

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

We had 3 Champion Kraits spawning at that event too when 20+ of us where lingering around that karma vendor while waiting for Sunless. Imagine the chaos, lol!

That sounds difficult. What happened? Has anyone figured the best approach to these new kraits?

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Every time anything is made more difficult, there’s always a wall of complaints about it. Sure it was easy, even mindless before. And most of the PVe world really is. And there are, believe it or not, some people who complain about lack of challenging content in PVe. I know it’s hard to believe, but I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

I had more problem with the krait than I used to, but they were doable. Even solo, I was able to defeat a bunch of them, but I had to think on my feet, and I did go down a couple of times. Fortunately I was able to kill nearly dead ones to rez. It’s harder, but it’s not impossible by any means. That said, I did this on my 80th level mesmer.

I’m pretty sure there were supposed to be harder and easier areas in the game all along. And when most people didn’t have 80s and exotics, the area was probably more challenging to begin with. Games need to evolve.

In a month, no one will care about, or be complaining about this, because they’ll figure out how to deal with it, and overcome this challenge.

I agree, though, I don’t find it more fun. But then again, I wasn’t one of the guys who was complaining PVe was too easy.

I am all for more challenge and upscaling based on levels and numbers.. but it needs to be sensible.

I agree PvE needed some upscaling of difficulty for sure as it was all to easy to level up and farm with the exception of most Champ fights. I guess the issue I have apart from proper balanceing of difficulty is how mundane our own dmg attacks can be, certainly at lower levels and condition damage is something that needs to be addressed. Yes there have been numerous threads about Condition damage and how good or bad it is so I wont share any more on that but facing mobs 5 levels higher than you are in a starte map area and then see them throw out multiple conditions for silly DoT amounts with no real effective counter at low level after the first removal, makes it nonsense.
That isnt challenge that erroronious difficulty scaling imo… but it was fun for the first 5 to 7 deaths trying to get the last challenge point for Map completion on Caledon Forest seeing as it was guarded by many fast respawn over leveled Krait , oooh and a Champion Krait in the middle of it all

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Raine.1394

I’ve read in a couple threads where people are excusing the content based on it being experimental or ‘testing’. Listen, if you are putting something into production where all users will experience it you believe it’s viable. This is where Anet’s disconnect from the genre shows itself clearly. The MMO is not about crushing challenge. For those who have played multiple MMO’s how hard was it getting to max level? If you want crushing challenge there’s always an open world arpg like Dark Souls which actually rewards skillful play and doesn’t use artificial difficulty to to masquerade as challenge.

It’s getting more and more difficult to bear with Anet’s missteps. It’s fine when they make mistakes, we all do. But, I have begun to question their reality testing ability, knowledge of gaming genre, and judgment.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Oh great, soloing that sea village event in Kessesx Hills was bad enough before this update as you were pulled around like a rag doll plenty and hp went down so fast. Now you say they are harder to fight?

I dunno but I’m starting to see that they are giving far too many mobs Knockdowns and pushbacks. Heck I did the Dredgehaunt Hills map on my Warrior 2 dys ago and I swear almost EVERY mob there had some form of a knockdown or pushback. I call this lazy design, seriously….

Another thing I find with this game is too many trash mobs have too many condition or stun type skills. I mean seriously why even bother slotting a condition removal when fighting that spider who is just going to poison or cripple you right after you remove 1 or the other. What’s the point? And you know theres another 3-4 spiders still ahead of you to get to where you are going thus why most people run through mobs…No one LIKES to be FORCED to fight mobs they don’t want to fight. On the other side of the coin we have farmers complaining they LIKE to kill everything in their path but get crap reward for it due to the DR. It’s like Anet likes to FORCE us to fight every chance they get but does not like to reward us for it, why? If this was a sub/monthly paid game I can understand because it means it slows the game down for us and keeps us paying longer but it’s not, I just don’t get it.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I’ve read in a couple threads where people are excusing the content based on it being experimental or ‘testing’. Listen, if you are putting something into production where all users will experience it you believe it’s viable. This is where Anet’s disconnect from the genre shows itself clearly. The MMO is not about crushing challenge. For those who have played multiple MMO’s how hard was it getting to max level? If you want crushing challenge there’s always an open world arpg like Dark Souls which actually rewards skillful play and doesn’t use artificial difficulty to to masquerade as challenge.

It’s getting more and more difficult to bear with Anet’s missteps. It’s fine when they make mistakes, we all do. But, I have begun to question their reality testing ability, knowledge of gaming genre, and judgment.

I am just going to keep assuming they don’t actually play their own game.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Yeah I’m guessing they don’t have any sort of testing. I played the fishing village event in kessex, it was ridiculous to solo, I can’t imagine how they could have made it any harder, and 3 champions spawning is a bit ridiculous considering if the whole group of people were distracting 2 champion krait, that leaves the third to sneak behind and stomp the defense objectives. Expecting the typical idiot zergs to be able to handle this a majority of times is just unrealistic.

I might be fine with this if you got better rewards for it, but you dont. Now I might be fine with THAT if every event were scaled up to that difficulty so that karma and event credit were far more challenging to earn, but that could never possibly be the case. People already ignore group events to do the easy effortless ones for the same rewards, not to mention you get more than 10 events worth the karma for the stupidly easy daily welfare karma jugs.

However, if we were just to consider the idea of making content more challenging and unpredictable, I would definitely consider that a plus. I really don’t appreaciate it when everything is easy and anyone at all can down 10 mobs without breaking a sweat. That’s just dumb.

But I think the difficulty was artificially difficult in the OP’s account of the event. All those dragon farmers upscaled the event, but were likely unhelpful deadweight. I don’t imagine these sorts of things would happen very often normally.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

digiowl.9620

I really don’t appreaciate it when everything is easy and anyone at all can down 10 mobs without breaking a sweat.

Only time i have seen that is “whirl-y farm” zerkers…

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Wait… ANet said they revamped the Krait to be more fun…. and they… KILLED everyone…

……..is someone at ANet playing a little too much Dwarf Fortress?

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

These kraits are awesome now. I’m glad they are challenging and not just another press auto attack and win. There is no point in utilities if you already know that you are going to win with spamming 1. All it takes now is for the community to relearn how actually fight back.

Paulytnz.7619

These kraits are awesome now. I’m glad they are challenging and not just another press auto attack and win. There is no point in utilities if you already know that you are going to win with spamming 1. All it takes now is for the community to relearn how actually fight back.

In my expeiance of playing 5 of the classes so far it’s only Warriors and Guardians that are feasable to just Skill 1 every fight. And even doing that is a strategy somewhat due to the fact that each strike adds a new attack/bonus. My other 3 classes do not get that so they HAVE to use their other skills. Perhaps you need to learn/experiance more classes before you go around saying everyone just uses skill 1?

Penguin.5197

In my expeiance of playing 5 of the classes so far it’s only Warriors and Guardians that are feasable to just Skill 1 every fight. And even doing that is a strategy somewhat due to the fact that each strike adds a new attack/bonus. My other 3 classes do not get that so they HAVE to use their other skills. Perhaps you need to learn/experiance more classes before you go around saying everyone just uses skill 1?

Nope, even though I main engie I do play other classes. Pve in general to me is just easy, so no need to go off on me like if you know it all

Posted by: Baeyne.9584

Baeyne.9584

I don’t think it’s the kraits themselves that have been buffed.

I believe the buff is on the damage per tick on the poison wells. I ran AC last night and the damage per tick when you are standing on the poison wells really hurts.

The spider boss also uses the same combo: poison well+immobile.

My suggestion is: DON’T STAND IN VOID EFFING ZONES!

The initial damage tick doesn’t hurt much so you have around 2-3 secs to reacts.

“If you keep getting hit, you’re playing the Thief wrong!” -Bassman

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

This.

If only they made such CC and conditions of mobs telegraphic and a bit slower like Ogres and Veteran Mosshearts thus providing a bit of defensive reaction time or something, I think things won’t be as bad as it is.

What’s weird is that this is basically what was been complained about Orr before they toned down all the pulls and knockbacks on Risen. And now they go on and start putting the same crap on lower level mobs in open world and dungeons. -_-

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

That sounds difficult. What happened? Has anyone figured the best approach to these new kraits?

Well, 20+ people were sufficient to handle 3 champions + adds. NPCs though, didn’t stood a chance.

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

I think what happened was that the Anet team plays their game TOO well XD lol. They probably adjusted the difficulty to what they thought was fun/challenging to them without realizing that most of the players in GW2 aren’t skilled as they expected.

I’m guess they’ll nerf them Krait next patch… it’ll be one of those rare nerfs people will like.

Paulytnz.7619

Nope, even though I main engie I do play other classes. Pve in general to me is just easy, so no need to go off on me like if you know it all

Hardly went off on you as if I “know it all” kinda ironic tho how you accuse the “community” of not knowing how to fight back like you “know it all” that they don’t. My main is an Engi too so of course I know you don’t just skill 1 everything, like I said it’s not really feasable on most the other classes (unless you roll Flamethrower). This does not mean you get the right to say that those that do skill 1 fights are not playing tactically or don’t know how to fight back. Get over yourself perhaps?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

This is exactly the problem. I’m starting to wonder if these guys actually know how to design monsters.

Give them interesting abilities, devs. Make a person look at the monster description and see what it does, then translate that into an interesting fight. Make some monsters work in tandem, where their abilities can function off of one another.

Don’t merely shrug and say: “How will we make these guys tough and fun. Hmm, give them knockback, that’ll be a hoot…”
No, just no. CCs should be a punishment when you do something wrong in a fight, not the entire mechanic when you fight a monster.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Im doing this solo, although I have to sit up and concentrate. It seems it scales with people in the area, so perhaps alot of the Teq waiters made it scale higher than the 5/6 players could handle?

Penguin.5197

Hardly went off on you as if I “know it all” kinda ironic tho how you accuse the “community” of not knowing how to fight back like you “know it all” that they don’t. My main is an Engi too so of course I know you don’t just skill 1 everything, like I said it’s not really feasable on most the other classes (unless you roll Flamethrower). This does not mean you get the right to say that those that do skill 1 fights are not playing tactically or don’t know how to fight back. Get over yourself perhaps?

I never stated I was better than the community, all I said was this challenge is welcomed and people that are complaining about them being too hard will learn to adapt. People also complained about the dredge fractal at first when it was new but the community learned it and overcame. Same thing will happen with krait and ac, which seem hard now. Maybe you are the one who should get over himself and accept there are different views on, as you call them, those “trash mobs”

digiowl.9620

Im doing this solo, although I have to sit up and concentrate. It seems it scales with people in the area, so perhaps alot of the Teq waiters made it scale higher than the 5/6 players could handle?

Reminds me of a issue with the Taumanova reactor and temple of Balthazar, where a small group would have a easier time than a large one (unless it was mega zerg large) because of how the event scaled.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Had to log in to see what was up. They definitely are harder than I can remember. They’re tougher than a mob of Orr Risen used to be. Occasionally I’d get overwhelmed before they updated Orr but it was usually always the same ‘stuff’. Some knockdown, some poison, maybe some blind and cripple…it depended on which Risen you mobbed, really.

These Krait though…I had every condition in the book. Cripple, weaken, confuse, bleed, poison, immobilize…I think the only conditions that weren’t present was blind and burn. Not only that, but they tended to have buffs on like quickness and might. There were a lot more fields I had to keep out of (there were so many Krait, I honestly wasn’t going to test how many conditions those red circles were going to give me).

I did die once at first because I really wasn’t sure what to expect. After wping back, I had to back off to cleanse and recover and use the NPCs (Warbanner) for cover. We had 2 other players that were in it, 1 besides myself died during and a couple of downs (I also had a down).

It’s certainly doable, but yeah they are pretty interesting now. I wonder what sparked the change.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I have not done the new challenge at the lab. I have tangled with the new trash at Teq though. The normal krait have more hp, the ones that summon now summon 2 krait with lots of hp and cc. You still get rid of the summons when you kill the summoner but if you lose target you could wind up getting several spawns until the main one goes down. The brutes and abominations seem to be unaffected by the changes though.

Paulytnz.7619

I never stated I was better than the community, all I said was this challenge is welcomed and people that are complaining about them being too hard will learn to adapt. People also complained about the dredge fractal at first when it was new but the community learned it and overcame. Same thing will happen with krait and ac, which seem hard now. Maybe you are the one who should get over himself and accept there are different views on, as you call them, those “trash mobs”

I’m sure there are different views on what I consider “trash mobs” perhaps you should state yours. My point with that was they seem to give every dang mob some form of condition attack that they just spam over and over which really makes any condition removal a waste of time unless (like the old final fantasy games) you wait until the fight is over and then use it. I never considered Krait as trash mobs I was talking of others. Krait were always semi challenging especially depending on how many you were fighting at a time and where fighting (those sea platforms for example). In fact at first when I read this patch about the krait update I thought yay maybe there wont be so much of the same skill spamming from them now. But from reading this post it seems it could be worse.

Go to any given area and fight certain mobs you know EXACTLY what is coming. I am speaking of course of the ones such as Moas, Raptors etc. The ones where there is NO diversity with them in a certain area. In a zone where they Stun you know as soon as you fight one it is ALWAYS going to try and stun you. After that has happened it will try again in a moment or 2. This is part of the problem with this game, too many enemies with no diversity. So when you get that same type of enemy all bunched up in one area what you think is gonna happen? SPAM SPAM SPAM. No wonder some people say combat is boring.

Atleast with the humanoid enemies you usually do get some type of diversity with their skills such as bandits, Krait etc usually depending on what weapon they are using. I just hope they don’t ruin that and make things worse with their “fixes”.

I think another part of the problem here is them merging Conditions and “hexes” into just the one infliction. On GW1 half of the skill was picking the right builds/skills to take and in most cases you couldn’t cover both hex and condition removals, you had to sacrifice one defense for the other and just hope or use timing with your other skills to have you make do or come out victorious anyway. Here that’s dead and everyone has a condition removal so what do they do? They simply have every mob and their friend just spam any/every kind of condition they can at you so that your condition removal is worth nothing and say “hey this is more challenging now”.

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)