Cond/Vit/Toughness, will we ever see it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

As topic, it appears lots of different stat combinations were in at some point in earlier bwes, but apparently got cut due to being underused at this stage of the game. If this really is the reason for them being changed, I would assume that them being not available might prove to be unnecessarily limiting for build diversity in pvp. I don’t know how it was handled before, but I do think simply setting your stats in dropdown menus in the hero screen aka “Primary Attribute, Secondary Attribute 1, Secondary Attribute 2” (that do not allow duplicate entries) would actually have been easier then messing around with the amulets like we do now.

Personally, I would greatly appreciate them being put back in, preferrably with a more flexible system to directly set them, but at least putting in some more combinations would probably be a viable solution as well.

Posted by: ZaiTh.6378

ZaiTh.6378

System is not meant to be flexible. It is meant to be linear and balanced. I agree with you though.

Tranzik 80 Mesmer (Stormbluff Isle)
400 Tailor/400 Weaponsmith
I beat the Game in less than 2 Months.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

personally i want to see condi/prec/vit stat. =/

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

I would love to see this but then I be literally kitten with a bunker build and we all know bunkers are the main problem atm.

Posted by: Kietay.2345

Kietay.2345

Balance the game? Naaa, just make it so the players only have no creative options. Spvp too hard? Just take out all armor and accessory stats and put them into a single item. Ahhh, no effort required.

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Vit/Toughness/Healing. :/

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Everyone would stack Cond/Vit/Toughness if it were available. There would be no other options.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Yes i would love this for my gard super tank/heal! I found karma gear that gives vit/healing/Precision it works out well (the Precision gives you a lot of on crit effects making your staff more effective)

Would say getting the wvw gear mixed with runes that give high cond dmg would that work for you? This is more for wvw and pve not spvp.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Sirevanac.3178

Sirevanac.3178

Everyone would stack Cond/Vit/Toughness if it were available. There would be no other options.

This.

Bunkers would be called fortress if that option is available.

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Yes i would love this for my gard super tank/heal! I found karma gear that gives vit/healing/Precision it works out well (the Precision gives you a lot of on crit effects making your staff more effective)

Would say getting the wvw gear mixed with runes that give high cond dmg would that work for you? This is more for wvw and pve not spvp.

I’m trying to mix match pieces but Arah’s entrance has been bugged all week and weekend so I haven’t been able to buy the pieces from the karma vendor.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Why would everyone stack cond/vit/toughness? Personally, I only need either vit OR toughness…

Polka will never die

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

It’s pretty sad I wanted to craft prec/cond/toughness gear I can’t I either have to grind karma or dungeons and ontop of that these stats arent available for gems they are pretty much forcing certain stats

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I would rather see this.

or Pow/Vit/Toughness (in any order).

Somehow the toughness/vit combo is lost later. Can craft that combo mid way, but then its lost once you get to the three stat items. Would like to see vit/toughness/something build/stats added.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I would rather see this.

or Pow/Vit/Toughness (in any order).

Somehow the toughness/vit combo is lost later. Can craft that combo mid way, but then its lost once you get to the three stat items. Would like to see vit/toughness/something build/stats added.

There are POW/vit/tough armor sets (with pow the dominant stat). Check the karma vendors in orr (the 3 maps afaik) and AC and SE dungeon sets.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Lord Awesomeness.1804

Lord Awesomeness.1804

Is the WvW gear not Pow/Vit/Tough? I could have sworn it was.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I’m a little confused, cuz some talking about pvp and others not. We only have those particular amulets. Part of the game is selecting which one.

It’s not meant to be flexible, but rather make you weigh the costs and benefits.

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

personally i want to see condi/prec/vit stat. =/

This perhaps as an alternative. For alot of cond damage players, precision is a need for the procs of more conditions on crits that do more damage then what adding something else.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Why would everyone stack cond/vit/toughness? Personally, I only need either vit OR toughness…

Because if that stat combo existed; power, precision and crit damage would be irrelevant to ANY trait build.

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Because if that stat combo existed; power, precision and crit damage would be irrelevant to ANY trait build.

Care to explain why?

Personally, I was more interested in it because I thought it would be a missing pendant to the power/vit/toughness combination that already exists. You seem to imply that condition damage is vastly superior to power, and while this might be true for condition builds of course, I don’t see it replacing power, or power builds entirely. I’m not saying it isn’t there, maybe I’m just not seeing it, mind you. =)

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

If you understand the meta, you will realise why condition / toughness / vitality would be OP.

It allows for perfect min-maxing.

Same with vitality / toughness / healing