Condi bunker, 3 stat investment and expertise

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I wonder what everyone thinks about the condition bunkers running around these days in PvP or WvW (mainly mesmers)?
The thing is, conditions do not require investment in 3 stats to aquire damage (power damage needs power, precision and ferocity if you wanna do anything), which means that the 2 other stats can be used to aquire a lot of survivability. Is it just me, or does this seem unfair, especially since you can achieve 60%+ condition duration just with food, utility consumables, sigils, runes and a single chest armor piece with expertise.
I thought Anet will fantastically solve this problem with expertise, but nothing seems to have changed. Opinions?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So you are saying that condition specs take a 40% reduction in condition DPS and take no power dps (10-30% of a condi specs overall dps) stats for increased survivability?

Sounds like that is working exactly as intended.

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

My opinion is that this is the General Discussion. You know there are sub Forums for pvp and wvw.

Posted by: Sym.4503

Sym.4503

In my opinion, the condi meta is ruining WvW and good luck having any kind of conversation in WvW forums about it.

If you do not run Condi…you can not compete…for the most part.

It is just sickening to watch someone spam conditional while most classes only have 1 cleanse. Worse yet, is watching a zerg get wiped by condi bombs and there is nothing you can do about it.

Yet you will hear the Condi’s say to change your build to the Meta, if you want to survive.

Keep it up Anet…and WvW will go back to emptiness it was before the server merger.

(edited by Sym.4503)

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Condi damage is supposed to be a bit different than direct damage, 3 stats requirement would make it too similar to direct damage and ultimately pointless. And in PvP there are only like what, 1 or 2 meta condi builds? Just give Mesmers the Necro treatment and nerf them in line with the other non-existent condi meta specs.

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I will also point out that on most classes, the condi builds do require a second stat in order to be most effective. For instance, several classes have traits that proc conditions on crit, so the condi build benefits from a high precision. Also some classes also have traits that boost condition damage as a percentage of another stat.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

In my opinion, the condi meta is ruining WvW and good luck having any kind of conversation in WvW forums about it.

If you do not run Condi…you can not compete…for the most part.

It is just sickening to watch someone spam conditional while most classes only have 1 cleanse. Worse yet, is watching a zerg get wiped by condi bombs and there is nothing you can do about it.

Yet you will hear the Condi’s say to change your build to the Meta, if you want to survive.

Keep it up Anet…and WvW will go back to emptiness it was before the server merger.

This sounds right, but it’s not … It’s not the condi meta ruining WvW, it’s the fact there is a meta at all that ruins it. Anytime you get meta, you have rock/scissors/paper encounters, and it’s boring. Not too much Anet can do about that other than create many new divergent ways to have offense and defensive tactics; so many that no meta build can counter them effectively.

As for the OP, I think that’s a shallow assessment; a power build does not need all three ‘damage’ stats to acquire damage either; it only needs them to have the highest damage it can achieve. Though I do think that you are correct in that condi have some distinct advantages for a PVP environment, condition tactics do have their own set of disadvantages and advantages, just like power ones.

(edited by Obtena.7952)