Condissions - a logical suggestion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

To do the most dmg today u pour EVEYTHING u can come up with on an enemy… Be it DPS and all sorts of conditions. Very few ordinary enemies are immune to certain things (i’m not talking bosses here). The only ones I can Think of are Hylek that are immine to poison.

What if burning things (fire elementals) were immune to burning and bleed condition. But – it could also be more sensitive to chilling condis…
Ice things could be immune to chill and/or bleed, (for example ice elementals – immune to chill and bleed and icebrood – immune to chill). They could be more sensitive to fire though…

A rock can’t bleed for example… nor can fire… or ice. It would be more fun and take more finesse if enemies behaved in a slightly more logic way when it comes to conditions. That woula have to make u adapt u’r skills/weapons/build to a certain confrontation… This would do something about the mindless spamming of “Everything u got”…

IMO that would make the game more fun and challenging.

Not Everything have to be immune or hyper sensitive to something… A Krait for example could bleed, be poisoned, burn ad freeze (and pretty much the rest of the condis too)…

What do u Think?

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I think you should edit your title to “Conditions – a logical suggestion.”

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

“Sounding it out” was supposed to become obsolete once you took 3rd grade English. Good grief.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“That would have to make u adapt u’r skills/weapons/build to a certain confrontation… This would do something about the mindless spamming of “Everything u got””

The problem starts with SPvP. A boon like Protection is fair against all enemies whilst a defense such as fire immunity will be immediately be unbalanced, devastating against some weapons/traits/classes and absolutely ineffective against others.

PvE enemies already do have a variety of immunities but they are not always common. Destroyers are immune to fire, dredge are immune to blind, etc.

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

To do the most damage today you, pour EVERYTHING you can come up with on an enemy—be it DPS and all sorts of conditions. Very few ordinary enemies are immune to certain things (i’m not talking bosses here). The only ones I can think of are Hylek that are immune to poison.

What if burning things (fire elementals) were immune to burning and bleed condition. But – it could also be more sensitive to chilling condis.
Ice things could be immune to chill and/or bleed, (for example ice elementals – immune to chill and bleed and icebrood – immune to chill). They could be more sensitive to fire though.

A rock can’t bleed for example (nor can fire or ice). It would be more fun and take more finesse if enemies behaved in a slightly more logical way when it comes to conditions. That would have to make you adapt your skills/weapons/build to a certain confrontation*.* This would do something about the mindless spamming of “Everything you have”.

IMO that would make the game more fun and challenging.

Not Everything have to be immune or hyper sensitive to something. A Krait for example could bleed, be poisoned, burn and freeze (and pretty much the rest of the condis too).

What do you think?

FTFY

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

In theory, that’s a nice idea. I wasn’t a fan of SWTOR, even if i had a good time playing that game for a couple of months. But one thing they did right was the deep difference between organical and droïd enemies. Some attack where useless against one type and vice versa.

But to implement that to GW2 would be difficult. It a concept that is core to gameplay mechanic and can’t just be added easily into a game. A balance problem would come into play. In PvE, condition already have a lot of problem versus direct damage. Condition are so bad right now, that only a small numbers of ppl play them in PvE right now. Even worst, most profession and build will concentrate on 1 or 2 conditions with some exception like necro and engie that can put most if not all conditions. That mean that, for exemple a fire condition guardian will be completely useless in some situation. Layers and layers on top of more layers of restriction that are all good thinking by their own, but that in the end give no reason what so ever for someone to choose condition over direct damage in PvE.

- Condition can damage object. That make sense, object can’t bleed.
- Condition have a cap because of bandwidth so you don’t lag. That cool, i don’t want to lag.
- Condition have different effect depending on a enemy so you can’t burn a Ember or bleed a rock. That seem legit.

Oh kitten , right now condition is useless and nobody play that. Oups.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

??? we already have mobs that are immune to certain conditions, like the fire thingys in the Asura Starting zone that are Immune to fire and as mentioned the Hylek immune to poison to name a few, or am I missing something here ?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Conditions are useless in group PvE already. You want to make it even more useless?

You also have to remember that not every class has access to every condition. So say, something which is immune to bleed would make warrior condition builds useless on it.

If this was pokemon or TSW with its open class system and 500+ skills, this might work, but in GW2, with its very restricted character customisation, you’re just shutting builds out.