Condition Damage Fix for World Bosses

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rotharos.5427

rotharos.5427

Dear Anet, is it possible to make condition damage hit world bosses as one single hit (direct damage) as a quick fix?

AFAIK, servers cannot handle all the condis and it does not look like they are gonna fix it properly anytime soon.

Just scale condi dmg down to do something like 75% of what the full ticks would do (for balance etc).

This would be for world bosses only so it should not affect other areas of the game.

Any objections?

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

We have been dealing with this all year, they haven’t done anything to change it, so my logical answer is working as intended. And really, you are probably speaking of the one recent event with so many people doing it, and now more people noticing this.

Having been doing this type of stuff all year here, as others have, such as like with world bosses and temples, I have more than one set of gear to switch to when needed. That’s really how you deal with it, at least how we have been doing them all year already. I sometimes even change gear between various phases of the same event. You just cant take the zerg mentality against bosses and expect to succeed like in the rest of the 90% of the content in this game.

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

ANet never intended for players to use skills with condition damage.

Posted by: Sylentir.8913

Sylentir.8913

I think this would be fair. If an enemy is at the condition cap, hitting them with a condition deals instant damage equal to 75% of the DoT damage.

Talia Gallowglass [Few] ~ Sylvari Engineer Main
Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I think they could remove the cap on bleeds and let them keep stacking, but it would just tick as 1 big tick every second for the player that has the most bleeds applied (say, 50 bleeds are stacked and they all do 100 damage each) player A who applied more bleeds than anyone would see it tick for 5K. If the game can handle a hundred or so people smacking it with physical damage and condition damage, then it should be able to handle something like that I think

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

Good call.

Do that if you can’t do it properly. Don’t make condition peeps useless.

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

ANet never intended for players to use skills with condition damage.

rofl.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Or they could just base the cap on the HP of the target like any intelligent person would have done from the get go. Really small mobs in lower zones do not need to be able to have 25 stacks applied to them, higher mobs need more, bosses need a ton.

Even if they increase it to 500 or even 1000 stacks for Tequatl, that’s the equivalent of having forty to eighty more mobs on the map. Compared to how many mobs there are in any given area, that is nothing, there is no way that such a tiny increase would break the servers or cause performance issues. They just don’t care about players like us enough to do anything at all.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

Even if they increase it to 500 or even 1000 stacks for Tequatl, that’s the equivalent of having forty to eighty more mobs on the map.

That’s not how it works.

Most likely different elements of the game are allocated their own number of bits (8 (256 -> 250) for stacks of items, 5 (32 -> 25) bits for conditions, etc.) in the tables, and you can’t really go over that limit. It’s done. Set in stone.

Increasing the amount of condition stacks might require re-writing a huge swath of very low-level game logic. Furthermore, if they do increase the allowed limit, they might now find themselves needing not “a couple more mobs” worth of memory/bandwidth/whatever, but eightfold the total that they needed previously.

Arguably it’s terrible they got themselves in a position where that’s how it has to be solved, but it’s usually not as simple as just raising the “max stacks” number somewhere.

(edited by Draco.2806)

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I think this would be fair. If an enemy is at the condition cap, hitting them with a condition deals instant damage equal to 75% of the DoT damage.

As long as you make power damage critical.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think it had something to do with lag is why they could never make condition stack too high. I know i get some bleeds when i apply bleeds to a boss even though it has 25 but i am not sure all what going on. At the same time a lot of the world bosses you cant crit so some what that type of dmg too is not used for the major world bosses.
Some what of a random idea how about putting a cap on how much condition dmg each person can do in a set time. Say a bleed you put on a mob can only tick 3 times before it falls off. Its not the best answer but it give ppl a chose when fighting these world bosses. As for crit i say let them happen but at a greatly reduce dmg to the point that it remove the base +50% this way it will not be so strong that its the end all be all dmg type but at the same time you can still get some sig play.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA