Condition Damage

Condition Damage

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rojaha.4082

Rojaha.4082

Q:

Hi, if someone knows the answer or can point me in the direction of answers, it would be appreciated.

I’m curious how conditions and condition damage works exactly. You can only apply one stack of burning. I believe addition applications of burning increases the duration. What about burning from multiple sources though?

Player 1 applies burning on a target, and Player 2 (who has half the condition damage of Player 1) also applies burning, how is it calculated? What happens exactly? How much damage does the burning do, and who’s condition damage is it based off?

Condition Damage

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

A:

P1 does 500dmg per second with Burning
P2 does 300dmg per second with Burning

P1 applies burning for 2 seconds. P2 then applies burning for 3 seconds. P1 then applies burning again for 2 seconds(all of this in less than 1 second)

Target takes the following damage each second:
1. 500 (from P1)
2. 500
3. 500
4. 300 (from P2)
5. 300
6. 500 (from P1)
7. 500

In other words, during 1st to 3rd seconds, P2 does NO condition damage through Burning because P1 applied it first. During 4th and 5th second, P1 is doing NO condition damage through Burning.

Condition Damage

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Well not sure about burning but with bleeding for instance , the stacks give intensity not duration , you can get durations as-well tho from traits n mods/runes , but that don’t stack , its only you who gets the duration

[WM]give us in game ladder

Condition Damage

Posted by: ZombiesTT.3619

ZombiesTT.3619

I was thinking about a similar thing for bleeds: whose bleeds stack on the enemy? My bleeds may do more damage/ have a longer duration than another guy’s so is each stack calculated separately?